jFar920

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jordanfirari.com
XP
Country
United States
IIRC there is a tailored patch used for SSBM that means widescreen only takes effect when a match starts. So if you switch it on or off mid-game you won't see anything change until a new stage gets loaded.

I don't see anything going on (I think) in matches either. Hitting the button combo for sure doesn't do anything in match or menu

Loyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have a problem with devolution on the wiiu. i can run all the games i have (they're all pal) expect from twilight princess pal. i only got a black screen and if i use devolution on the wii it work

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The obvious solution is to use the Wii version with the mirrored GeckoOS code. :P

I'd say to try to re-verify it; personally I think the easiest way to do that without digging through the verification files is to just verify the game (and only that game) on your Wii with an old r1xx version of Devolution and then verify it again with the newest Devolution version.

Remember, you need to use the same wiimote on both the Wii and the Wii U.

Loyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yea i use the same controller, i even check again on the wii and i repeat the process. but in the wii u still black screen. now i'm gonna try with a older version of devolution

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that you repeat the process, but did you do the part about re-verifying with an old version of Devolution? The idea is to re-create the verification file from scratch and the easiest way to do that without digging through all your verification files is to just use an old r1xx version of Devolution, verify the game, then switch back to the newest Devolution, and then reverify again.

If you need an old version of Devolution, just follow the MediaFire link in my signature.

Lazareth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd help test this whole "Wirelessly connecting a Wii and a Wii U to play Mario Kart" thing, but I still need to get my discs back. It's been months, now...

Just on a whim, I tried doing this with Melee (run on a Wii U) and didn't get any logs, even after verifying that no Windows-side firewalls were in the way. And, yes. I can connect to the system using SMB and other transfer protocols, and even Devo's HTTP screenshot capturing page. just... never Devo's logging systems. If computers weren't perfectly logical beasts with no free will whatsoever, my first instinct would be insubordination on my Wii (U)'s part. Perhaps my router is actively blocking such packets on the local network? It shouldn't be, as I never told it to. And running DD-WRT means that a lot of weight is put on things I told it to do. Maybe I'll try and run a packet sniff directly with my router or something, if even that hunch isn't true. I can also indeed verify that there is an actual connection from the fixed IP I gave my Wii U when I'm running Devo.

This is a real puzzler, to be honest. And I still do want to see what's wrong with my Super Monkey Ball.

EDIT: I tried Nmap on my Wii U's IP, and UDP port 64444 is apparently... closed. While Devolution is running. With a whole bunch of other UDP ports flagged as open/filtered.

Did you launch devolution itself or launch it through a loader. Loaders don't initialize the network on startup and begin logging unless that specific plugin was coded to do so (usually not since it takes longer to boot the game). I had the same issue, turns out I was trying to do this while launching it from Wiiflow.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working 12 hours every day, today is my first day off in weeks.

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that you repeat the process, but did you do the part about re-verifying with an old version of Devolution? The idea is to re-create the verification file from scratch and the easiest way to do that without digging through all your verification files is to just use an old r1xx version of Devolution, verify the game, then switch back to the newest Devolution, and then reverify again.

If you need an old version of Devolution, just follow the MediaFire link in my signature.
The easiest way is to actually follow the instructions and hold the reset button to force re-verification, not mess around with old versions (and make sure the wiimote is connected before inserting the game disc).

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way is to actually follow the instructions
To my credit, before Devolution r200, there weren't any instructions - all we had was the first post of this very thread, and once tueidj stopped posting it almost became a game whenever there was a new revision to try and figure out what was new and/or fixed.

And regarding old versions of Devolutoin, I've done it myself back when r200 was new - I had everything verified with r1xx so for some games it was easier to just run r197.

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r200 was nearly 2 years ago, before that there was no wiiu support and no reason to reverify. Your method of using an old build to overwrite the dvv file was never necessary, and if you haven't read the documentation any time in the past 2 years you really shouldn't be giving out advice.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I simply forgot, that is all.

I read the documentation back when r200 came out but never really re-read it since then because I remembered everything that was important for my own use which gave me the illusion that I hadn't forgotten anything. In other words, I had forgotten that I forgot things.

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone seen a read error that says

Code:
An error has occurred.
turn the power off and refer to the
Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet
for further instructions.

I'd probably need a USB gecko to find out more, just wondering if anyone got it. Got this right after the disc verification for Mario Party 6. The disc light is solid and just this black screen with the above text. It resets back to HBC with the power button press.

On second try, I launch the game from the loader, the disc drive flashes twice fast, then the error pops up and the light goes solid at the same time.

Devolution (or at least i suspect devolution) corrupted my drive

2hgJV.png

I had the same issue. I am not sure what solved it for me. I cleared the gc_devo folder off my usb drive, I then used a .iso of the same game I had that someone else had ripped vs my own "clean" rip. I booted devolution using homebrew channel instead of Wiiflow and it worked after validating the disc. I am now able to boot the game through Wiiflow with devolution selected as my loader. Works so far though the whole thing seems a little delicate.

Jose3232

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone assisty me with Phantasy Star Online Mode? I got it working but for some reason every 30 minutes or so it disconnects me from the server.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you launch devolution itself or launch it through a loader. Loaders don't initialize the network on startup and begin logging unless that specific plugin was coded to do so (usually not since it takes longer to boot the game). I had the same issue, turns out I was trying to do this while launching it from Wiiflow.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working 12 hours every day, today is my first day off in weeks.
I actually did use the default loader, but still no dice. (You can tell the network was active, because of all the other random ports that were detected)
Perhaps disabling multicast filtering will do the trick (although the logs, unlike the LAN netcode, should really be broadcast)

EDIT: Now my logging is working out of nowhere - but disabling multicast filtering on the WLAN in DD-WRT is a bit more of a pain.

But a proper loader with settings for that would be nice. (not for disabling multicast filtering on LAN, for all two people who might have wondered - that's a router problem) Especially considering how bass-ackwards the default controller layout for CC/Pro Controller is (1 to 1 button mappings beats a futile attempt to match with the GCN pad's physical layout anyday) Might make one myself sometime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto