Devolution - Public Release

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tueidj, Jul 12, 2012.

Jul 12, 2012

Devolution - Public Release by tueidj at 10:55 AM (1,026,157 Views / 53 Likes) 4,365 replies

1. Felipe_9595

Member Felipe_9595 GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Want a video? Tested the disc with a GC, it recognizes it but has a DRE as soon as i load it. I will download a cleanripped iso from internet and test again, but i doubt it will work.

2. jFar920

Newcomer jFar920 Member

United States
    Yeah, it's a Wii U. I usually have to take the batteries in and out of it to connect. Worst is when different remote ends up turning on first that isn't the one with the data, then you have to restart the console.

Unless there's some way to reorder the remotes in Wii mode I don't know about

3. megatokyo500

Newcomer megatokyo500 Advanced Member

United States
    The order doesn't matter at all, just as long as at least one of the connected wiimotes was also connected during verification.

4. Felipe_9595

Member Felipe_9595 GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    So today it randomly decided to verify my disc. What the hell.

Needless to say, i am not ever touching that HDD partition ever again.

Can i use a modified iso instead of my verified one??' i would love to play my modded version of Melee instead of vainilla.

5. tmv_josue

Member tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    No, you can't, the iso must match what the disc have. The file system and boot files doesn't be modified.

6. deshayzilla

Member deshayzilla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I tried to get LAN working with Double Dash on two Wii Systems I have. I haven't gotten it to work. I checked my network on my computer and both Mario Kart: Double Dash systems were connected to the network. They just appear to not be communicating with each other. Is there something else I'm suppose to be doing to get them to work? Both Wii's are connected to the same network through Wifi. I originally tried it with my Wii and Wii U and that didn't work so I decided to try it with two Wiis and that didn't work. Is there something I have to set up /enable with my router to get it to work?

Last edited by deshayzilla, Jul 10, 2015
  7. Apostrophe

Member Apostrophe VIDEO GAMES

United States
    I had the same problem. Unfortunately I posted about it in the gc forever thread and tueidj said it was likely a wifi problem. You might have the same problem :\

8. Flak Beard

Newcomer Flak Beard Newbie

United States
    Can anyone confirm how the widescreen patching for Resident Evil 4 displays (r253)? Does it still letterbox like the original game or fill the entire screen like the PS2/360 version?

Thanks!

9. KyoufuNoDaiou

Newcomer KyoufuNoDaiou Member

United States
    r266 released.

MassiveRican and tmv_josue like this.
  10. Something whatever

Member Something whatever Gazer of the East

Japan
    Does the SCHTHACK Servers still work? I can't connect to them

11. TayTayTheKiller

Member TayTayTheKiller Forever noob

United Kingdom
    SCHTHACK is dead, the server might come back in Nov/Dec they say but I doubt it. I have made https://sylverant.net/ my new home now phone number setting 2.

12. Something whatever

Member Something whatever Gazer of the East

Japan
    Thanks for the heads up. Sylverant isnt bad

13. GeBeCluck23

Newcomer GeBeCluck23 Member

United States
    Hello there, I would like to mention something that I've experienced using Devolution. I'm 1 of probably about 20 people in the entire world who are interested, or have even HEARD of, Homeland. And I'm probably 1 in about 5 who actually own the game and play it semi-regularly. Once in a while I will connect to Japanese servers using my GameCube, (yes, private servers are still going on today!) and play with them, however lately I've been wondering if it was possible to use the Wii. Long story short, I tried it using Devolution, ran the game, everything seemed to be working great, however it turns out that Devolution emulates the GameCube MODEM ADAPTER for Homeland which, based on my research, is not what Homeland requires. Someone else who plays the game with me is helping me look into it further, however it appears that Homeland exclusively works with the BROADBAND Adapter. I can verify this because I have connected online using my actual GameCube and my actual Broadband Adapter to connect online. I ALSO noticed that BBA Emulation is now supported, so would it be possible to change Homeland's emulation from the MODEM to the BROADBAND Adapter? Or perhaps provide a way to switch between the two?

14. edwinbradford

Newcomer edwinbradford Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone. I joined this forum to ask for help about how to connect PSO Plus to the Fuzziqer server running on my local network. I did it a few years ago with my gamecube but couldn't get it to work with the Wii.

In the end I figured out the problem. The instructions in Fuzziqer's server tell you to open a list of ports but the list is incomplete. If you open the config.ini file for the server inside the server directory folder and scroll down you'll see a list of the ports that need to be opened for the Gamecube releases.

I was missing one of them and as soon as I opened it in my router firewall everything worked. So follow the instructions here and enter "0" in the PSO telephone number field as tueidj says and your *external IP address* in the DNS field. Once you've finished setting up PSO open all the ports listed in the Fuzziqer server config.ini file (very important).

Two other things I'm not sure if they matter. Firstly I run the server from a batch file. The batch file has one line inside: khyller-server.exe -sd. I can't remember what it does or if it's necessary but I was told to do it at some point in the past. Secondly I added a line in my hosts file on my PC which forwards traffic from my external IP to my Windows PC behind my firewall.

Again I don't know if I really need it, I'll remove it at some point and see.

I hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by edwinbradford, Nov 23, 2015
  15. gudenaurock

Member gudenaurock Never a unique idea

United States
    If hate to nitpick such a great piece of software, but the "fun" stuff appears to be closed source...

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  16. VinsCool

Member VinsCool Caretaker

Canada
    Nintendont is as much fun, and open source m8

17. gudenaurock

United States
    I use nintendont myself; I was hoping to port over some stuff.

Edit:
    The repo is on a diffrent tab. :-P

Last edited by gudenaurock, Nov 24, 2015
  18. VinsCool

Member VinsCool Caretaker

Canada
    IDA is your best bet.

19. ShadowOne333

Member ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    That seems to (strangely) be the case for everything related to that GC site.
    How odd...

20. gudenaurock

United States
    Yah, not at the moment.

What do you mean?