Hacking Hardware A memory to never forget.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Only issue is that It won't boot at all. It just boots straight to that screen, not even Health and Safety shows.
Per https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick#Identifying_a_brick it seems like NAND flashing is required. However, the error message you are getting is not mentioned on the page at all, so I'm not sure what type of brick this is.

Edit: Found it, your error is mentioned on the banner brick page, seems like that is the most likely cause. Did you install any WADs recently?
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick/Banner_brick suggests that BlueBomb can be used. That would be the easiest way as it doesn't require any hardware mods.

Reactions: SaulFabre

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said the error appeared immediately after playing Mario Kart, he didn't mention anything about installing any WAD.

Also it does not always have to be due to a corrupt banner or something related to the nand, it can also be due to hardware. You said you changed the disc drive right? This piece is very important that it is well connected and that it works obviously.

SkylakeEevee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said the error appeared immediately after playing Mario Kart, he didn't mention anything about installing any WAD.

Also it does not always have to be due to a corrupt banner or something related to the nand, it can also be due to hardware. You said you changed the disc drive right? This piece is very important that it is well connected and that it works obviously.
This happens even without the drive, unfortunately.
Post automatically merged:

By the way, This was on USB Loader GX and not a Disc.

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games would not work via USB/HDD if the disc drive is defective, there would be an error when starting them even the menu channels would not work without the drive. It's strange that a loader can cause a brick. There can only be 2 reasons:
-That console has been manipulated incorrectly
or
-The drive you replaced was not installed correctly or is defective.

SkylakeEevee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games would not work via USB/HDD if the disc drive is defective, there would be an error when starting them even the menu channels would not work without the drive. It's strange that a loader can cause a brick. There can only be 2 reasons:
-That console has been manipulated incorrectly
or
-The drive you replaced was not installed correctly or is defective.
Most likely defective, but it reads disks just fine.

Flora0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On November 6th, 2022. 2 of My friends and I decided to buy a Wii off eBay. We found one for $21.05. So we decided to get that since my old Wii didn't have a working SD Card slot.

However, The Wii we got was for parts or repair. (I was aware of this because I had a replacement disc drive for it.)

As it arrived on November 10th, We opened it and I replaced the broken disc drive. We had so many fun memories with it.

We played Mario Kart Wii and 100% it.

We played lots of Wii Sports.

And played other Nostalgic games on it and had a lot of save data and memories.

On the night of February 24th, 2023. This Wii had me crushed.

The day before this, I was playing Mario Kart Wii.

The next time I turned on the Wii. Oh boy, was it awful...

We didn't really have anything homebrew based on it besides the channel itself and USB Loader GX.

But It gave a message in corrupted text saying "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

One of my friends moved away. Knowing that this Wii no longer works, It hurts because it was the only memory that remained.

It was very special to me.

(This Wii did not have much modifications on it, Not even PriiLoader or BootMii.)

Flashing the NAND is all I know is possible.

If anyone can help me repair this, or flash the NAND in any way. Please tell me.

I'm counting on you all. 💕
Rip, hope you got it repaired

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto