Wiiflow opens, but returns to home screen

Infinoxy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there!

I have not had much luck with my Wii lately. I had to perform a NAND backup after the Wii Menu completely stopped showing up (I had messed up theme installation), and since then it hasn't been working right.

Particularly, I am experiencing an issue with WiiFlow.
The first issue, I opened the app just fine, but when I attempted to launch a game, it just read what was in my disc drive no matter what was picked.

I tried to fix this by re-installing IOS and reloading the cache, but now, WiiFlow will no longer launch games. It will open and function as normal until the game is played, at which point it will simply return to the Wii Menu screen.

I'm not seeing this specific issue anywhere else. I just want to play a silly little game. :(

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would update your mod with ModMii & use USBLoader GX.
Drag a SysCheck into ModMii & it will advise what needs attention, or start a new ModMii mod.
Or, just try to install USBL GX, but if other Wii apps are effected, then do the above, or you could add more problems on your plate.

If it's a silly, little game - Then keep the Wii apps as simple as possible. Use only what you need. You can always add other stuff later.

Reactions: jeannotte

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I only used ModMii & that did the job.
I only had hassles with Fat32 & Flash drive compatibilities, but I had that sorted out promptly. I'm lying - Took a while longer. It did seem like ... forever.
on wii.guide in the site navigation theres a tutoria for patching IOSes, try following that.

Infinoxy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a syscheck, but not really sure what to do with it- I'm having this issue with another Wii now, so I will try to look further into this issue and I'll report back when I have done so. Thank you for the suggestions!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello there!

I have not had much luck with my Wii lately. I had to perform a NAND backup after the Wii Menu completely stopped showing up (I had messed up theme installation), and since then it hasn't been working right.

Particularly, I am experiencing an issue with WiiFlow.
The first issue, I opened the app just fine, but when I attempted to launch a game, it just read what was in my disc drive no matter what was picked.

I tried to fix this by re-installing IOS and reloading the cache, but now, WiiFlow will no longer launch games. It will open and function as normal until the game is played, at which point it will simply return to the Wii Menu screen.

I'm not seeing this specific issue anywhere else. I just want to play a silly little game. :(
Reapply wiimod and install all again

https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...ii-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto