XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
"Why" what? And yes, tueidj can release the code if he wants... that's a very astute point....

Back to the subject at hand, there's no reason why this should be stickied over Nintendont (although since Nintendont is available in modmii which is stickied I guess indirectly it's stickied too)

I don't think stickying Nintendont is the answer here (although I'm fine with this also), I think just unstickying devolution makes the most sense

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: raxadian

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
"Why" what? And yes, tueidj can release the code if he wants... that's a very astute point....

Back to the subject at hand, there's no reason why this should be stickied over Nintendont (although since Nintendont is available in modmii which is stickied I guess indirectly it's stickied too)

I don't think stickying Nintendont is the answer here (although I'm fine with this also), I think just unstickying devolution makes the most sense
Well, Nintendont is stickied in the WiiU forum for "historical reasons".https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/
Cyan intended to move it here (Wii forum) but I think it may cause confusions for all the tutorials already out there so I suggested to put a place holder here that redirects to it. In the end, nothing is done.

Reactions: XFlak

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are right, my intention was to have all loaders stickied, and nintendont is still stickied, just in the other section of the forum for unknown reason.
like you said, I wanted to move it to Wii (as vWii is mainly Wii, and not WiiU homebrew), but few people said it would be bad removing it from the other place.
As far as I know, we can't have virtual links to get to different threads pointing to the same content, or else that's what I would have done.

There's maybe a way : move it and keep a permanent redirection. I'm not sure it'll stay stickied though.

If I do something, it would be moving Devolution to Wii loader's subforum.

Last edited by Cyan,

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why... Tueidj can release the code if him want...
Why would he? He is ironically worse than Nintendo when it comes to control over his own code. Yet when Nintendo does things like that, they earn no respect and everyone tries to open it up (Example: Metafortress) . Yet when someone like him does it he gets praised, I fail to see the logic in that.

Last edited by Dragon91Nippon,

Naxil81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok... But now after Age we have nintendont opensource... Idk why we don't have gc games overclocked but this is another story

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... But now after Age we have nintendont opensource... Idk why we don't have gc games overclocked but this is another story
GC games are “overclocked” by Nintendont and Devolution as they run GameCube games in Wii Mode which using Wii mode frequencies. The older DIOS MIOS was GameCube mode so it ran at stock GameCube clock speeds.

Naxil81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GC games are “overclocked” by Nintendont and Devolution as they run GameCube games in Wii Mode which using Wii mode frequencies. The older DIOS MIOS was GameCube mode so it ran at stock GameCube clock speeds.
But we can see the diff? Like more fps?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But we can see the diff? Like more fps?
With some games, absolutely. For example Spyro Enter the Dragonfly runs pretty bad on GameCube and works noticeably smoother on Nintendont and Devolution. Granted the game is so poorly optimized that it needs a 1GHz overclock in Dolphin to iron out a lot of FPS problems.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The difference is not only noticeable, it is downright awesome. Games that had light problems to keep stable frames run stable with Nintendont, but then you have games like TimeSplitters: Future Perfect having a ridiculous upgrade in performance.

It is a game changer for me.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
With some games, absolutely. For example Spyro Enter the Dragonfly runs pretty bad on GameCube and works noticeably smoother on Nintendont and Devolution. Granted the game is so poorly optimized that it needs a 1GHz overclock in Dolphin to iron out a lot of FPS problems.
I didn't know "Spyro Enter the Dragonfly" runs poorly on an Original GameCube I've only ever run it on Nintendont. The more you Know⭐

Last edited by Dragon91Nippon,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have three questions
1 - how do I set it to 60hz in games that have a 60hz option (PAL games)
2 - how do I show the NGC bios?
3 - does it have a code option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4