Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I been away for a couple of days "been working on my PS3 hacking" and already USB support is out XD A few questions I have, how to use the cheat code for MKAGP2 provided by conanac does it work the same way the old one did that I create a sneek folder and have the sneek files there? Will SD and USB ever be combined for QF? If not then will there be updates for the USB version? Thank you Crediar for this :)
just copy & paste the code into a new text file with "MARIO KART ARCADE GP 2" AND "GGPE02" (without the quotes) as the header and name it "GGPE02.txt" and put it into a folder called "txtcodes" on the root of your SD card.

@duffmmann: hopefully someone can do that for you with the option to load from both either SD or USB.

Reactions: sonictopfan

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just copy & paste the code into a new text file with "MARIO KART ARCADE GP 2" AND "GGEP01" (without the quotes) as the header and name it GGEP01.txt and put it into a folder called txtcodes.

@duffmmann: hopefully someone can do that for you with the option to load from both either SD or USB.
Isn't it GGPE01 not GGEP01? Fixed

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering whether this TomR (Nintendo) is the same TomR who donated a big amount (so Special Thanks).

GM2E-002.png

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
just copy & paste the code into a new text file with "MARIO KART ARCADE GP 2" AND "GGPE02" (without the quotes) as the header and name it "GGPE02.txt" and put it into a folder called "txtcodes".

Thanks, this is much easier :)
I wounder if someone could make a code to fake a pause screen with the game (and maybe F-Zero as well) so if you hit "start" the screen pauses and the game stops temporarily and if you hit "start" again it continues, could something like this be done? O.o

Reactions: LWares87

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me exactly what kind of USB they used to run this? When I ran this off a Toshiba usb HDD, it jumps and lags so bad it's unplayable.

Also can we get a channel that, when ran through a forwarder, it auto patch qwadforce and runs the iso and then when you quit, it re-patches dios-mios making it easier to patch this for my kids?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Also can we get a channel that, when ran through a forwarder, it auto patch qwadforce and runs the iso and then when you quit, it re-patches dios-mios making it easier to patch this for my kids?

Or maybe a modified version of USB Loade GX that does that, I would love this feature if possibly added, after all USBL/GX does have an option to install wad files so it would be very cool!

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
:yaysp: That is awesome! Thanks Crediar for adding me to the credits, you have no idea how big of a smile that put on my face.

I'm glad your enjoyed it. Thanks again for the support!
I actually tried to include everyone who donated in the credits, but after a certain count it wouldn't show correctly, and some not at all. I could probably fix that but I didn't want to further delay the release.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, this is much easier :)
I wounder if someone could make a code to fake a pause screen with the game (and maybe F-Zero as well) so if you hit "start" the screen pauses and the game stops temporarily and if you hit "start" again it continues, could something like this be done? O.o
I forgot to say, put the folder on the root of your SD card.

Although, I'm sure you've already figured that one out for yourself. :)

Edit: to be perfectly honest, I don't see the point of editing the credits. Just leave it, as it was to begin with. As the people who originally donated have had enough praise and credit already.

Also, no-one will hardly ever see it anyway (unless they complete any of the motor classes).

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
The credits idea is genius imho, very simple to put a priceless smile on someones face.

I also loved reading how it was a problem... strange as it may sound, but I've many times been stuck on something small and simple and understand the frustration, I'm glad you stuck it out crediar.

Thanks seems to work both ways :D

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all for this being the future of how homebrew and emus work.

Devs should have an incentive for their work. This was brilliant. Well done to crediar, and all those who helped and donated!

Also... think of things this way. If Nintendo had released these on the virtual console. How much would you have paid for them there? A lot bloody more. I guarantee! :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does your HDD have to be formatted a certain way, I didn't really see anywhere that it has to be, but it does not seem to work for me. :(. SD works perfectly fine but it can't seem to see my HDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite for people with beefy...