Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would guess the hdd requirements are the same as DM (32K sectors, fat32, first partition on hdd). I have my drive setup for DM and it just works with quadforce.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quadforce 4.1 is out. Now has USB loading.
Oh and to those who thought all lag would be eliminated with usb loading, you were of course wrong.
On the Triforce system all disc based games are loaded into 512MB of memory before they are run (a few are on ROM carts), it is quite obvious that neither SD cards nor HDDs are fast enough.

The menu lags in MK:GP2 even appear in dolphin.

The best option is to get a fast SD card but not "SDHC I" those are for some reason slower.

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I got very minimal "Lag", too when playing off my Sandisk 4GB SD. I just wish we can get a channel that auto-patches Quwadforce when running the iso channel so it'll be eaiser for my kids to jump in and play without me going through Homebrew to set it up and un-patch it. But I still appreciate the Dev none the less.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I got very minimal "Lag", too when playing off my Sandisk 4GB SD. I just wish we can get a channel that auto-patches Quwadforce when running the iso channel so it'll be eaiser for my kids to jump in and play without me going through Homebrew to set it up and un-patch it. But I still appreciate the Dev none the less.
Soon I'll be testing things from neek2o betas, hopefully if all goes well it should auto-patch QF/DM based on the game chosen.

It's the ideal system for running DM/DML/QF all from the same SM w/o having to manually install WAD's if it works as theorized. I haven't looked into it for a while so I remain positive, however I do know that when that doesn't work simply overwriting the appropriate 0000008.app will do the trick but I understand your point which is avoiding anything that might lead to manual complications for kids.

Reactions: Slimmmmmm

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having serious issues with F-Zero AX with USB, the other games seem to work fine but this game lags and crashes a lot, I had the same issues with the controller before with this game in QF3.0 before it was fixed in QF4.0 so I think it may be related to that in a way!

Also cheat codes don't work with me for some reason, I did everything correctly just like I did before with the SD version but they won't work anymore, oh well they aren't important anyway, going back to QF4.0 :)

Edit: Yep just went back to using the SD and the game works fine again!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Soon I'll be testing things from neek2o betas, hopefully if all goes well it should auto-patch QF/DM based on the game chosen.

It's the ideal system for running DM/DML/QF all from the same SM w/o having to manually install WAD's if it works as theorized. I haven't looked into it for a while so I remain positive, however I do know that when that doesn't work simply overwriting the appropriate 0000008.app will do the trick but I understand your point which is avoiding anything that might lead to manual complications for kids.

I'd be curious to hear Crediar's opinion on the best way to go about this.

Thinking about it quickly I see a few options...

- Add it in Quadforce code. (thinking patch the mios) Tell me why this is dumb, is it lack of mem ?
If this could be done, then it's work for Crediar.... we can't help, sucks !

- Installing multiple mios files and redirect from loader.
This seems plausible...best of all with a few facts we can test it ourselves and maybe gather more facts.
We don't need to hold our hand out and expect one person to do all the work.
This idea can be expanded on, many ways with various versions of official mios or other "things".

- Patch the game to load another mios (I "think" this is impossible, but tbh not read about the structure/process)
I don't know why I typed this out, it's NOT a Wii game, but well I don't KNOW it's dumb. (yet)

Judging from MassiveRican's post he seems to have investigated and came to the conclusion of installing multiple mios and redirecting from a loader as the best/easiest choice.
I was AWOL for a bit, so I'm guessing QF can't contain the code for some reason ? (best choice)
Installing multiple mios (what's been done so far (by who), what needs done next ?)

I might go re-read some FS info and loading chains involved with this because it seems like a logical step and could prove useful for testing also. (testers install QFx QFy QFz mios_x mios_y mios_z etc).

It's a shame it wasn't as simple as playing with cIOS or we could have went install crazy in our empty ios slots.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

This is already in sneek since oct last year and has been updated for the new qf supported games over two weeks ago.

You can simply put DM,DML,QF in these locations:

/sneek/diosmios.bin
/sneek/diosmioslite.bin
/sneek/quadforce.bin

and it will automatically boot the correct one when loading a game, the qf games need the correct header ID (see https://code.google.com/p/sneek/source/browse/trunk/es/ES.c#930 ).

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is already in sneek since oct last year and has been updated for the new qf supported games over two weeks ago.

/sneek/diosmios.bin
/sneek/diosmioslite.bin
/sneek/quadforce.bin

and it will automatically boot the correct one when loading a game, the qf games need the correct header ID (see https://code.google.com/p/sneek/source/browse/trunk/es/ES.c#930 ).

I for some reason can't get this to work correctly with the latest neek2o , no sound with quadforce 4.1 or the audio is messed up bad. never had any luck with using Sneek. Hopefully OverJoy is looking into this problem. or Maybe Crediar will be nice enough to look at the Neek2o code and find the audio bug. :(

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So anyone else is having the lag/crash/long loading times in F-Zero AX if loaded from USB?

@Crediar I'm curious to know what's causing this particular game to lag and take really long times when loaded from USB when all the other games work fine from SD or USB and since the game works fine if I move it to the SD instead.

Edit: about sneek topic, I can't for my life get sneek to work for some reason, I use emunand no problem but if I try to install neek2o on my Wii it just won't work, tried different tutorials, would be cool if I could have both DM and QF at the same time.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I for some reason can't get this to work correctly with the latest neek2o , no sound with quadforce 4.1 or the audio is messed up bad. never had any luck with using Sneek. Hopefully OverJoy is looking into this problem. or Maybe Crediar will be nice enough to look at the Neek2o code and find the audio bug. :(

You will probably understand that I don't have time to fix other people projects that are based on mine where mine are working.

So anyone else is having the lag/crash/long loading times in F-Zero AX if loaded from USB?

@Crediar I'm curious to know what's causing this particular game to lag and take really long times when loaded from USB when all the other games work fine from SD or USB and since the game works fine if I move it to the SD instead.

Edit: about sneek topic, I can't for my life get sneek to work for some reason, I use emunand no problem but if I try to install neek2o on my Wii it just won't work, tried different tutorials, would be cool if I could have both DM and QF at the same time.

As I already said before all Triforce games are either run from ROM carts or RAM and USB/SD are simply not fast enough to keep up, SD cards usually have a very fast access time compared to HDDs.
i.e. my SD card is five times faster than my HDD.

Also SNEEK and neek2o are two different projects if you have issues with neek2o you have to ask the neek2o authors to fix those not me.

As a side note quadforce usb takes up 97% of the available code space, while this does leave enough space to fix CARD for all games it won't allow DM or the QF SD version to be combined with it.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had F-Zero AX crash yet - I played a couple of matches. I have long loading times for F-Zero and the Mario Kart games from USB, but none have crashed yet. I think Crediar's explanation of how the whole game was originally loaded into memory explains long loading times.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States

/sneek/diosmios.bin
/sneek/diosmioslite.bin
/sneek/quadforce.bin

i have never been able to get my wii to launch any GC or Quadforce games from sneek or uneek at all . all my wii will do is just shut off as soon as i try to load the disc in the disc channel

Reactions: bm123456

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.