Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I could never get sneek/uneek/neek2o to work on my Wii for my life, anyway according to reports saying that QF runs with awful noise on sneek I think it's best to have QF(L) on real nand while have DM(L) on sneek might fix the problem.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES! I finally got mario kart gp 2 to boot on my living room Wii! After many attempts, I finally cleaned all the files, and it booted, but sadly only from SD, can't get it working from USB. I'm using Abz's forwarders and launching from Wiiflow. If I have the game on USB only, I get to the DM Booter, but it will not see the games on USB (I'm assuming due to DM Booter not being updated).

The sound is ugly (meaning no sound at all really, just static noise) sonictopfan, so its not really worth it, I just like tinkering and getting stuff to work.

The latest neek2o is working pretty good so far.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I could never get sneek/uneek/neek2o to work on my Wii for my life, anyway according to reports saying that QF runs with awful noise on sneek I think it's best to have QF(L) on real nand while have DM(L) on sneek might fix the problem.
It only runs with awful noise on *neek2o, Crediar's Sneek+DI doesn't have that issue, thing is NAND has to be on root which wouldn't work with the rest of my setup, it was nice to try but I'm looking for other solutions, I just haven't had time to think of any and even less implement them lol.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
YES! I finally got mario kart gp 2 to boot on my living room Wii! After many attempts, I finally cleaned all the files, and it booted, but sadly only from SD, can't get it working from USB. I'm using Abz's forwarders and launching from Wiiflow. If I have the game on USB only, I get to the DM Booter, but it will not see the games on USB (I'm assuming due to DM Booter not being updated).

The sound is ugly (meaning no sound at all really, just static noise) sonictopfan, so its not really worth it, I just like tinkering and getting stuff to work.

The latest neek2o is working pretty good so far.
BTW DM-Booter should still see it from USB no problem, it sees DM games from USB. I wonder if it's really an issue of whether it needs to be updated or not, WiiFlow uses the DM-Booter as it's DM/QF launcher.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW DM-Booter should still see it from USB no problem, it sees DM games from USB. I wonder if it's really an issue of whether it needs to be updated or not, WiiFlow uses the DM-Booter as it's DM/QF launcher.

idk i tried it with the games on USB only, they are seen in wiiflow under gamecube section, and launch under real nand with wiiflow and qf 4.1 no probs.

if i have them on usb when i try to launch the mkgp2 channel from wiiflow using boot with neek2o mode it will fail, dm booted will not see it. if its on sd works fine.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
idk i tried it with the games on USB only, they are seen in wiiflow under gamecube section, and launch under real nand with wiiflow and qf 4.1 no probs.

if i have them on usb when i try to launch the mkgp2 channel from wiiflow using boot with neek2o mode it will fail, dm booted will not see it. if its on sd works fine.
Wait what? Let me make sure I understand this, you're trying to launch a channel on your real NAND, through WiiFlow with the neek2o option on?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? Let me make sure I understand this, you're trying to launch a channel on your real NAND, through WiiFlow with the neek2o option on?

no im trying to launch an emu channel under wiiflow using neek2o option. i pointed out that loading the game on real nand with qf4.1 on real nand works from usb but not if i set up my emunand with it.

something like this:
real nand -> qf4.1 -> games on usb -> works in wiiflow

emunand -> qf4.1 (.app only installed) -> games on usb -> launch emuchannel with neek2o option in wiiflow -> dm booter -> cannot see games on usb

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're already in your emunand u don't need to launch a channel with the neek2o option on. Try it w/o it if you already have then I'm at a loss for now. I don't launch games using your method, why not just launch the games right within WiiFlow instead of launching DM-Booter then the game.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're already in your emunand u don't need to launch a channel with the neek2o option on. Try it w/o it if you already have then I'm at a loss for now. I don't launch games using your method, why not just launch the games right within WiiFlow instead of launching DM-Booter then the game.

i want to be able to have DM installed on real nand and play quadforce games with emunand

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Do explain more <3
Straight from the PL4 historii file
Code:
========================================
DM(L),QUADFORCE automatic mode:

When this option is enabled (press [home] while in gamecube mode, then "GameCube mode = DM Auto"), postLoader will choose and install
the correct wad file to execute the selected gc/qf game. To use this feature, you must create a wads folder in your <dev>/ploader folder,
for example usb://ploader/wads if your postloader data folder is in the usb device. Then rename the dm(l)/qadforce wads as follow

DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad -> dm.wad
DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad -> dml.wad
quadforce_4.1.wad -> qfusb.wad
quadforce_4.0.wad -> qfsd.wad

so you will end with the following files

<dev>://ploader/wads/dm.wad
<dev>://ploader/wads/dml.wad
<dev>://ploader/wads/qfusb.wad
<dev>://ploader/wads/qfsd.wad
Totally safe, have tested and verified several times myself.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Straight from the PL4 historii file
Code:
DM(L),QUADFORCE automatic mode:

When this option is enabled (press [home] while in gamecube mode, then "GameCube mode = DM Auto"), postLoader will choose and install
the correct wad file to execute the selected gc/qf game. To use this feature, you must create a wads folder in your <dev>/ploader folder,
for example usb://ploader/wads if your postloader data folder is in the usb device. Then rename the dm(l)/qadforce wads as follow

DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad -> dm.wad
DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad -> dml.wad
quadforce_4.1.wad -> qfusb.wad
quadforce_4.0.wad -> qfsd.wad

so you will end with the following files

<dev>://ploader/wads/dm.wad
<dev>://ploader/wads/dml.wad
<dev>://ploader/wads/qfusb.wad
<dev>://ploader/wads/qfsd.wad
Totally safe, have tested and verified several times myself.
This is awesome, gonna download it.
Cyan do you think you can implement something like that to UBSLoader GX? I'm sure many would appreciate that :)

Reactions: LWares87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE