Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Back on topic:

I have some questions. Can someone answer them?

Does 4.1 support BOTH USB and SD? Or is 4.1 exclusive to USB?
Does 4.1 support BOTH 32k and 64k Cluster Size for USB or is it like DM, where it only supports 32k?

If no one knows, I'll check myself Since i need to update the QuadForce Guide, but if anyone already tried it, it'd be much appreciated ^_^

@Funnyguy77 Are you sure you won't at least share your banners? I'd like to plop em into some forwarders I already have and post them on my QuadForce guide, i'll credit you like I did with your F-Zero AX ones. If not, thats fine, but it'd be pretty cool of you.

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. Back on topic:

I have some questions. Can someone answer them?

Does 4.1 support BOTH USB and SD? Or is 4.1 exclusive to USB?
Does 4.1 support BOTH 32k and 64k Cluster Size for USB or is it like DM, where it only supports 32k?

If no one knows, I'll check myself Since i need to update the QuadForce Guide, but if anyone already tried it, it'd be much appreciated ^_^

@Funnyguy77 Are you sure you won't at least share your banners? I'd like to plop em into some forwarders I already have and post them on my QuadForce guide, i'll credit you like I did with your F-Zero AX ones. If not, thats fine, but it'd be pretty cool of you.

Does 4.1 support BOTH USB and SD? Or is 4.1 exclusive to USB? usb ONLY

Does 4.1 support BOTH 32k and 64k Cluster Size for USB or is it like DM, where it only supports 32k? 32k ONLY

@Funnyguy77 Are you sure you won't at least share your banners? Looks to me like mastershoes already blatantly and completely ripped mine off anyway.

mine:

EHO0aoz.png

f7tzl.jpg

his:

VirtuaStrikerBanner_zps8447a9cb.png

Notice any similarities?

My MKGP1-2 look more or less the same. I don't really see any point in releasing them.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does 4.1 support BOTH USB and SD? Or is 4.1 exclusive to USB? usb ONLY

Does 4.1 support BOTH 32k and 64k Cluster Size for USB or is it like DM, where it only supports 32k? 32k ONLY
@Funnyguy77 Are you sure you won't at least share your banners? Looks to me like mastershoes already blatantly and completely ripped mine off anyway.
mine:
his:
Notice any similarities?
My MKGP1-2 look more or less the same. I don't really see any point in releasing them.

Alrighty. Thanks for the info tho.

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Alrighty. Thanks for the info tho.

So no credit for having my stuff ripped off huh? After further inspection it appears this mastershoes character has made a reputation for himself ripping off other peoples work. Another lovely user here at gbatemp. I had always heard this website was garbage, I now see why it has such a horrid reputation. This will be my final post, so you can all rejoice.

*account deletion request*

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no credit for having my stuff ripped off huh? After further inspection it appears this mastershoes character has made a reputation for himself ripping off other peoples work. Another lovely user here at gbatemp. I had always heard this website was garbage, I now see why it has such a horrid reputation. This will be my final post, so you can all rejoice.
*deletes account*

To be fair, it's just a Genesis VC banner with replaced images, edited text, and a replaced icon.brlyt. They aren't hard to make. I can do it myself if I took the time, I was just asking because it's convenient. I don't see why you feel like they are "ripped off" when they originally are just rip offs of Genesis VC banners. Chill bro. I'm crediting whoever made them. If you would have givin me banners you made, I'd credit you for them.

EDIT: This guys attitude reminds me of a certain GBA intro. Hmm. I need to find a video.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had to upgrade my canoe to a dingy to get through all the tears on this thread, it was a bumpy ride!

i may try this later and report my findings, has anyone who had the wii shut off issue had success with the usb version?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Notice any similarities?
That the title of the game is the same (since it's the same game) and that both incorporate the official logo you can Google image search somewhere in the banner?

Stop overreacting.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you mean the Shut off issue when using DM ?
I have that issue randomly with my drive, but as it's not always occurring I can't tell if the problem is present in QF4.1 or not. At least the two times I tried QF from USB it didn't shut off.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Quadforce 4.1 is out. Now has USB loading.

Oh and to those who thought all lag would be eliminated with usb loading, you were of course wrong.

Yeah, like you knew that for sure. I guess the reason for lag then is the original disc speed and the only way to eliminate that is extracted disc format. Does anyone think that's possible with Quadforce?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like you knew that for sure. I guess the reason for lag then is the original disc speed and the only way to eliminate that is extracted disc format. Does anyone think that's possible with Quadforce?

I was actually thinking the the same thing. If DM can do, I don't see why it couldn't work in QuadForce. GCreEx can extraxt this no problem, I think.

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@funnyguy77 Didn't you think AbdallahTerro asked because when Dios Mios incoporated the USB support were separate versions with USB and SD support? (IIRC because memory constraints).

Genius at work.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when using the 'timer freeze' code for Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, during the course where you can select items, the time not only appears but counts down.

The only other time the timer appears and doesn't count down is on the continue screen.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the Shut off issue when using DM ?
I have that issue randomly with my drive, but as it's not always occurring I can't tell if the problem is present in QF4.1 or not. At least the two times I tried QF from USB it didn't shut off.

No I meant when I loaded QF from SD on one of my wiis through neek2o it turned the wii off. the same setup works fine on two others.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do not think it solves the lag. Apparently is caused by the way how qudforce works.
The reading speed of USB2.0 and SD/HC class 4 is greater than what can be achieved by the disc.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On the Triforce system all disc based games are loaded into 512MB of memory before they are run (a few are on ROM carts), it is quite obvious that neither SD cards nor HDDs are fast enough.

The menu lags in MK:GP2 even appear in dolphin.

The best option is to get a fast SD card but not "SDHC I" those are for some reason slower.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when using the 'timer freeze' code for Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, during the course where you can select items, the time not only appears but counts down.

The only other time the timer appears and doesn't count down is on the continue screen.

Try it again by using the codes shown in the video description (I added another line to freeze the timer when selecting items).

To remove all displays of the timer, one needs to find all flag locations (i.e. they are not stored in one place, therefore the added line: 026D147C 0000FFFF is unfortunately not sufficient). Perhaps Vague Rant could help checking on that.

Reactions: LWares87

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I been away for a couple of days "been working on my PS3 hacking" and already USB support is out XD A few questions I have, how to use the cheat code for MKAGP2 provided by conanac does it work the same way the old one did that I create a sneek folder and have the sneek files there? Will SD and USB ever be combined for QF? If not then will there be updates for the USB version? Thank you Crediar for this :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍