Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"@GUCFan Apparently DIOS MIOS is against PayPal's law. I had no money in the account so nothing is lost. There will be a new account soon."If PayPal doesn't like DM, a second account sadly won't help long-term.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"@GUCFan Apparently DIOS MIOS is against PayPal's law. I had no money in the account so nothing is lost. There will be a new account soon."If PayPal doesn't like DM, a second account sadly won't help long-term.
Just to let you know that i did report this news. Now i'll probably have a flood of followers on Twitter XD

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Crediar is a fooking great guy and everyone seems to piss all over him all the time.

I had a lot of contact with Crediar myself on irc about 1-5 to 2 years ago (prior to NMM release) before being offline for about a year.
When I came back online I see so many stories of people leaking things and other stories the makes me sick.

Now I will jump on Scooby's bandwagon as another pretend copy and paste n00b coder, because I am. Compared to Crediar I am insignificant.

Why would he take time to talk to me ? I offered him nothing but questions and presented nothing but dreams and beliefs. Me and him seemed to struggle in believing in impossible and like to look for things Nintendo themselves should have done, but in all reality someone like me slows him down.

Yet still, he took time to talk code, ideas and other non console related crap from time to time.

Afaik he always releases GPL portions of code, always helps people with things (sometimes way below his level of usefulness, without being a snide prick) and brings forward some of the best apps we will get for the Wii.

Whoever is causing him problems should have just talked whatever it was out with him, he seems to me an extremely reasonable and fair human being.

Crediar when you read this, just know some of your time has put smiles on kids faces, and parents like me understand that's priceless. I think jealousy is maybe a big factor here.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a late response, but is there any chance you'd be interested in finding a code to disable the menu timers so things like the card data can be viewed at leisure? I had a look at it, but I wasn't able to come up with a working hack. If it's any help to you, this was as far as I got:

The halfword at 806D147E controls whether or not the timer is displayed (one byte for the numbers themselves, one for the circle spinning around them; set both to FF to kill it entirely. It's still running in the background, but it won't appear on screen. The next byte (806D147E) corresponds to the current second on the timer. Locking it does nothing, so it's no solution, but perhaps you'll have better luck tracing the value's origins back than I did.

Just get a little bit time to create the cheat codes for freezing the timer. Below is the video to show that the codes work. You could see the codes in the video description, or you could use the attached file.

Attachments

• GM2E02.zip
    192 bytes · Views: 165

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I agree with Slim. crediar is one of the few guys still coding stuff for the wii while others are long gone. Everyone who intends to take away money from crediar is a complete and utter prick.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing here is that someone demanded the source to be released because even if it is a tiny part of the code using GPL the rules are clear = the source must be released as well. The thing here was that most people donated $$$ and they feel this situation will halt the Quadforce development and their money will be in vain but then again if we see things from the start no one is forced to donate in first place. This is divide in two different POV by legal/moral standards what happened is justified but on the other hand by common behavior if people were donating willingly and Quadforce is a nice project and everyone was enjoying it I think it was kind of harsh to go that far as to report the Paypal account because by doing this I see no gain (the only benefit is someone doing it to piss the other part, other than I don't see any other reason)

i think most of the people who donated, did because they wanted to see progress. They dindnt want to have a sorce code or something like this

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get a little bit time to create the cheat codes for freezing the timer. Below is the video to show that the codes work. You could see the codes in the video description, or you could use the attached file.

Your gameIDs are odd. They should be GGPE01 and GGPE02 for MKAGP 1 and MKAGP 2...
do you mind if I change the Game IDs and rehost them for my QuadForce guide?

Or If you don't mind, can I get the codes in raw text format so people can make their own GCTs?

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think most of the people who donated, did because they wanted to see progress. They dindnt want to have a sorce code or something like this
I don't think anyone has suggested that donors wanted the source code. The issue here is someone has at least claimed Quadforce makes uses of GPL licensed code. If it's true then Quadforce is in violation of the GPL license. Most of us will never know for sure since the source code isn't available.

To be clear I don't care to see the source and I would like to see all of Crediar's work continue, but it is what it is. The important thing is it has nothing to do with the donors.

Reactions: tmv_josue

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Hey, would it be possible to make a code where when you pick mario as your character, once in game you're actually the robo-mario model? I think that would be really awesome!

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can i suggest possibly adding a activation switch as well to enable/disable the code during gameplay.

I'm just curious... if crediar would be able to allow the control calabration to save, so that you don't have to do it everytime you play either F-Zero AX or Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Quadforce 4.1 is out. Now has USB loading.

Oh and to those who thought all lag would be eliminated with usb loading, you were of course wrong.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Oh and to those who thought all lag would be eliminated with usb loading, you were of course wrong.
Hmm.. feels like a smug "I told you so" to me :P.. LoL! Not that I agreed or disagreed myself, however I was optimistically awaiting less lag, no biggie though :)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually it runs faster on my USB drive than sd card, but that's entirely because my
sd card didn't work at all for whatever reason

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    game's now what, 3 months out the door
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: everyone perceives value diffrently