Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lag exists for EVERY person that is using quadforce. Even crediar. I am well aware of people trying different cards. I myself have tried about 4 different cards with different clusters etc etc etc. In NO instance has the lag increased or decreased. You can experience faster loading times of levels and things of that nature.(or even not loading at all like you said) But the lag in the mkgp2 menu for instance, or the micro lag you experience every 3/4ths a second or so while racing is ALWAYS there NO MATTER WHAT. No combination of SD class or cluster size will fix that.

yes lag exists for everyone, but to varying degrees depending on class of card

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Some users have SD cards that are of a lower class, so some have complained of significant lag in MKGP 2, while others have said they notice next to no lag. So within SD classes, we see that higher classes are decreasing lag in MKGP 2, therefore USB should decrease the lag over SD as USB is faster than SD for read speeds.

In fact, my SD card is of so low class it wont load any quadforce game. And yes I had 64kb clusters, I also had tried 32kb clusters. 2GB sd card, did everything possible to make it work, it simply didn't. Tried a friend's sd card today, and it worked first try. Clearly SD cards matter, and I'm therefore inclined to think USB drives will work better.

WRONG!!
The reason why QuadForce didn't work on your SD and worked on your friend's ISN'T because of class but because of brand, Crediar's GCLoader, which is the same loader quadforce is based upon only works with certain brands of SD and not others, I have a class 4 Sony 8GB SD card and a class 2 SanDisk 4GB SD card, DML and QF won't even work with the Sony one but run fine with the SanDisk one no issues!

As for the lag in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 I have asked Crediar about it before and he confirmed to me that the same lag happens on Dolphin even with fast computers, it's an issue within the game, I hope it gets fixed sometime but it's unlikely!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WRONG!!
The reason why QuadForce didn't work on your SD and worked on your friend's ISN'T because of class but because of brand, Crediar's GCLoader, which is the same loader quadforce is based upon only works with certain brands of SD and not others, I have a class 4 Sony 8GB SD card and a class 2 SanDisk 4GB SD card, DML and QF won't even work with the Sony one but run fine with the SanDisk one no issues!

As for the lag in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 I have asked Crediar about it before and he confirmed to me that the same lag happens on Dolphin even with fast computers, it's an issue within the game, I hope it gets fixed sometime but it's unlikely!

Then the question leads to why do some brands work better than others? If its not class, what is accounting for some lag being worse than others, and some lag being next to unnoticable, and some cards simply not working for quadforce?

I'm sure you are right. But what is the factor at play, other than the fact these cards aren't made by the same people? Strip away the names, these are all sd cards that otherwise work for everything else, what is happening here?

Regardless, I still think this makes it something of a speed issue, maybe its not a class definition problem, but I'm still inclined to believe this means USB drives will load quicker.

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
press Start + A + B to increase the time
20476A98 14400000
0467CB54 XXXXXXXX
04683E88 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

for XXXXXXXX

6 minutes min = 00005495
7 minutes = 0000629E
8 minutes = 0000709E
9 minutes = 00007EC0
10 minutes = 00008CDC
12,5 = 0000B000
15 minutes = 0000D320
20 minutes = 00011970
25 minutes = 00015FC0
30 minutes = 0001A600
40 minutes = 000232A4
45 minutes = 00027900
50 minutes = 0002BF40
60 minutes = 00034BF0
90 minutes = 0004F1C0
120 minutes = 00069790

if you have some more minutes to spend with playing the game: 596523 Minutes = 80000000

i tryed to use the value of an address that changes by itself after a game has started, but its really tricky to find it.
some values seem to work well, but suddenly it changes and makes the if-conditional not working.

so i decided to use a button activator to set the time to the wanted value.

(i will give it a try to find a better way another time. or maybe another one can find a better solution)

I really appreciate your efforts, but do you think you can make the codes a bit more simple and user friendly? I would love to be able to simply have one code that raises the time limit in computer matches and 2player matches to 10minutes per half and never have to mess with it again. Instead of having to press buttons to make the codes work.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so anyone know why launching from emunand sometimes turns the wii off?

ive tested on my 3 wiis:
hp usb flash drive 16gb
seagate usb powered hdd 250gb
samsung external power supply 2tb hdd

hp and seagate work, samsung turns off the wii. even if i use the same nand just copied over from the hp/seagate. may not be the right thread but i was here just checking stuff.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got time to try out Virtua Striker 4 2006 and I agree that the matches are way too short but the game is fun, I'll probably play Virtua Striker 3 2002 more mostly because of Team FC Sonic!

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if save support for f-zero and virtuastriker2006 is still happening? I looked at crediar's twitter and didn't see any updates about it.

truelovetat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. :) I am very familiar with quadforce and the different things that allow the games to run a little better. I used to have an sd class 4. I wondered why MKGP 1 and 2 laged. Went out and bought a class 10, 45mb/sec card (Sandisk) and noticed quite a difference. Have the sd to 64cluster and I even noticed a little difference from 32k.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. :) I am very familiar with quadforce and the different things that allow the games to run a little better. I used to have an sd class 4. I wondered why MKGP 1 and 2 laged. Went out and bought a class 10, 45mb/sec card (Sandisk) and noticed quite a difference. Have the sd to 64cluster and I even noticed a little difference from 32k.
Sup TLT good 2 c u here bud, So would u say lag is pretty nonexistent now?

Reactions: truelovetat

truelovetat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MKGP 1 and 2 at times when you focus on the background, you can see very little jidder. lol I guess I shouldn't be that picky but I notice the small things and they stand out to me. But other than that, the game plays pretty good.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok just wanted to make sure, I don't think I need to get a class 10 SD card then. The minimal amount of judder I see now doesn't bother me, the game is 100% playable and fun so if its not totally eliminating lag it's no big deal. Thanx 4 da heads up on your results with a class 10 ;)

Reactions: scooby74029

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just wanted to make sure, I don't think I need to get a class 10 SD card then. The minimal amount of judder I see now doesn't bother me, the game is 100% playable and fun so if its not totally eliminating lag it's no big deal. Thanx 4 da heads up on your results with a class 10 ;)

Plus, I would say you should wait and see what happens when the USB loading version is released. Which hopefully should be fairly soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, wishes I had a vagina +2