A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If the Switch system believes it has a legitimate physical game card inserted, you're permitted to download the update data for that game without issue. You'll still have to buy any digital DLC on offer.
I would never go online with this flashcard. Piracy copy of a game on it=BAM! Banned. Switch games have some sort of "certificates". So if the system somehow "notices" that several people in the world are using the "same cartridge" (erm...i mean backups...), then the ban is guaranteed. And keep in mind that the gamecard firmware can be updated by Nintendo and any vulnerabilities could be fixed.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this thing will be able to do more than just play switch games. Let’s say this could load any nsp, would that possibly mean hbmenu, that can be an nsp after all? if so, maybe that would mean things like retroarch should work, if atmosphere somehow can be used so you know to block nintendo servers. Homebrew browser nsp is something worth having depending on how this thing works. I’m just saying if this cart could load switch games hopefully if it’s real, it can do more than that.

Reactions: Blythe93

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread
I mean if it can run homebrew that would be great. But past that I have no use for it. However even if this does miraculously work it would be very easy to detect on Nintendo's end. Likely also rather easy to patch on both sides.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
All these people saying it's great are probably the same people who used to argue that SXOS was bad and Atmosphere good because they're against piracy :rofl:

Reactions: zebrone

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There would be no way to prevent a ban on an vanilla system with this, but maybe im wrong let's see

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they waited until now to sell this because Nintendo is going to launch the New System next year - so they probably won't care too much to go after them?

The flashcart only supports XCI, therefore it can't play all the digital releases - like thousands of indie games in NSP format. CFW is still better.
Post automatically merged:

Wait, Gary is back, and is running this new flashcart? Legends never die. Who says crime doesn't pay? :P
What? I thought he is still monitored by the FBI?

The aftertimex.com and garyopa.com were registered by the same person. Did he relocated to Canada or Iceland?

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe KI Gold will have the same problems but overall everything else should run fine