• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

PseudoSalty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use oothax to be able to use homebrew on my o3ds, the n3ds I'm using is on 11.0.0-33u and when I try to use things like the oothax or svdt the bottom screen turns yellow and it freezes. Am I doing something wrong? Any feedback is appreciated!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use oothax to be able to use homebrew on my o3ds, the n3ds I'm using is on 11.0.0-33u and when I try to use things like the oothax or svdt the bottom screen turns yellow and it freezes. Am I doing something wrong? Any feedback is appreciated!
You can't use the oothax installer on 11.0+. Get a Powersaves device or a device with CFW to install the exploit.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
so, should i be running sysnand or emunand? i always thought that sysnand was sacred and should not be touched. while emunand can be a open sandbox you can mess around with.
EmuNAND is outdated now :-) We used to need it because hax could only be launched below certain firmwares, but you also wanted to be able to play new release games, so you needed an emuNAND. Now, a9lh works on every firmware (it operates before the home menu even starts up) so no need for emuNAND. People still use it if they want to have effectively two systems on the one console e.g. For one to be a different region or to have 300 games installed on each.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

WaltzK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh you are supposed to update sysNAND. That's the main benefit. The guide even tells you to do this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your pic or quote did not attach

Look on your SD card root for arm9loaderhax.bin. If it's not there (and if your console turns on normally without the SD card in) then you just have plain menuhax. You can start the guide from the beginning : https://plailect.github.io/Guide if you want the best hack available today. Otherwise you can keep using your system like you already are.

It turns on fine without a microSD in it, but it has all of this in it.
35a7395899cf734f6459ed951a5ce454.png

mr_bean654

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND is outdated now :-) We used to need it because hax could only be launched below certain firmwares, but you also wanted to be able to play new release games, so you needed an emuNAND. Now, a9lh works on every firmware (it operates before the home menu even starts up) so no need for emuNAND. People still use it if they want to have effectively two systems on the one console e.g. For one to be a different region or to have 300 games installed on each.

thank you very much guys, you guys have enlightened me and about to save my life in this deployment.

also another question, on my n3ds i have reinand 10.5.0-30U installed, how could i remove it and install a9lh with luma? just a point to the right direction would be much appreciated. OR would keeping reinand be fine to play new games? or maybe updating reinand to 11.2 is also an option?

3dsbaby16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anybody had an issue where the cfw Apps like fbi and games d/l from freeshop reset back to parcels after reboot? They then show again once clicked on but only till you shutdown / reboot.

All I have done is install a9lh using the useful guide that was recommended here.

Also, I have noticed that if I press L on booting I get FBI etc and settings show system 11.2 but if I boot without pressing L FBI etc r not there but it shows EMU before firmware 11.2 in settings. Is this right?

I didn't actually install emuNAND

Any help would be appreciated

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
it shows EMU before firmware 11.2 in settings

I didn't actually install emuNAND
Yes you did. If you want to use your emuNAND as your system, then follow the "Move emuNAND" section of the guide. If you don't, then only follow part of it - the part that removes it from your SD card.

3dsbaby16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you did. If you want to use your emuNAND as your system, then follow the "Move emuNAND" section of the guide. If you don't, then only follow part of it - the part that removes it from your SD card.

Ah ic, I don't remember that section?

As Synand now has the ability to run fbi, roms etc, emuNAND won't be needed right?

Last edited by 3dsbaby16,

casr26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, yesterday i found gbatemp because i´m trying to downgrade my girlfriend´s N3DS XL that has version 10.7... well, my girlfriend it´s an hardcore rpg and nintendo fan and since she has a n3ds xl i thought that she would like this surprise... (she´s in bed recovering from a surgery)... so, long story short... after a few hours online searching for help and tutorials yesterday i found gbatemp! :)
I started with the wrong foot creating a new thread in the wrong place https://gbatemp.net/threads/problems-downgrading-new-3ds-xl-with-10-7.448246/ and if it´s possible for someone to merge that thread over here it would be very apreciated...

Well...yesterday i was a pain to proflayton123 that very kindly and patiently replied my doubts...so today and since i´m stuck in the process i´m asking for help on the indicated thread...

I´m following te plailect tutorial but i´m stuck when i start the browser because after more than 50 tries the 3ds always ask me to update and i´m unable to bypass that step...is it usual? I know that somewhere i read that we could change the dns to avoid this system update, but since it´s not in the tutorial i´m affraid of messing the things up and brick the console in the process..!
And if that happens the consequences would be catastrophics... :gun:

I found this method... https://m.reddit.com/r/PokemonQRCod...3ds_from_receiving_wifi_update/?compact=false but i don´t know if it would work in this situation...

Well...i´m really sorry if my english, it´s a little bit messy but it´s been awhile since i wrote this much.

Cheers everyone and many thank for any answer... :)

Last edited by casr26,

Totundra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems some people are having troubles with the FBI inject part, :/

Can you try this: do a 9.2 CTR Transfer (do this page: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer but skip Section II) (remember to get the right files for you: type of console and region).
In the end, DO NOT UPDATE.
Do the Section V - Injecting FBI from the Installing arm9loaderhax. If it Works, then update.

Hi! Bit of a late reply but I just wanted to say that your method worked, and my 3DS is completely functioning with homebrew now! Thank you so much for your time and patience, and saving me from more evenings of scratching my head in confusion!

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh you are supposed to update sysNAND. That's the main benefit. The guide even tells you to do this.

Your pic or quote did not attach

Look on your SD card root for arm9loaderhax.bin. If it's not there (and if your console turns on normally without the SD card in) then you just have plain menuhax. You can start the guide from the beginning : https://plailect.github.io/Guide if you want the best hack available today. Otherwise you can keep using your system like you already are.
Thats alright, i solved the problem.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
When we get arm9/arm11 kernel exploit for 11.0+, so probably never.
Well if they are announcing this and even telling you how will work. Means they know something.

Thanks for the help! Does that apply to Stickerhax aswell?
For stickerhax you need another 3DS with access to the Homebrew Launcher so you can inject the hacked save file to the game then can be used on virgins 3DS

grandem

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
i just copied al the files from my old to a new micro SD with adapter.
However the blue led just flashes for a short time but the 3DS doenst start.
Everything works with the old card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D