Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Did you just say EmuNAND is outdated?! I'm super behind then! Wow. Ever since I graduated from college and got a job..I've been out of the loop--just been buying games lately. :(

A9LH, this sounds somewhat familiar. I didn't know that this loads up before the home menu even starts though. I have an O3DS that's still on 4.5 and runs Gateway3DS (I noticed their site is down too..has it really been so long that they don't exist anymore???) but I also have a N3DSXL that's on 11.1.0-34U (am I still able to install A9LH or do I have to downgrade?).

I also have a PowerSaves and my own private header if this helps somehow. Although at this point I just want to play Pokemon S/M lol.
You can follow the guide to install a9lh on the old 3DS, then when done you can use that console to help downgrade the N3DS. When you choose N3DS and 11.1 firmware one of the options it gives you is a DSiWare downgrade, which requires a second, already hacked console. So you can follow that, then you'll be able to follow the main guide with the N3DS too.

gabemstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can follow the guide to install a9lh on the old 3DS, then when done you can use that console to help downgrade the N3DS. When you choose N3DS and 11.1 firmware one of the options it gives you is a DSiWare downgrade, which requires a second, already hacked console. So you can follow that, then you'll be able to follow the main guide with the N3DS too.

Ahh okay, awesome, thanks!

Reactions: Quantumcat

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! BTW I had a brainfart. I never updated to Luma, I have Reinand 4.1 or something. Is there any risk?

I once updated but all my R4 ceased to work, so I reverted to Rei for that.
I don't think there's any risk but some games such as ACNL+Welcome amiibo and possibly Sun and Moon won't work unless you're on Luma.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

gabemstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by gabemstr,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: gabemstr

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did you just say EmuNAND is outdated?! I'm super behind then! Wow. Ever since I graduated from college and got a job..I've been out of the loop--just been buying games lately. :(

A9LH, this sounds somewhat familiar. I didn't know that this loads up before the home menu even starts though. I have an O3DS that's still on 4.5 and runs Gateway3DS (I noticed their site is down too..has it really been so long that they don't exist anymore???) but I also have a N3DSXL that's on 11.1.0-34U (am I still able to install A9LH or do I have to downgrade?).

I also have a PowerSaves and my own private header if this helps somehow. Although at this point I just want to play Pokemon S/M lol.
I'm in a similar boat, was using Gateway as well. 9.0.0 FW.

I'm in the middle of following this guide, seems to be going well so far.

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Reactions: gabemstr

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird situation for me, did the DSi Ware Transfer with Fieldrunners modified save file, but it's not appearing on my friends n3DS 11.0.0.33 U, I have mine on 11.2 and used the temporary ctr-httpwn fix at: https://github.com/skiptirengu/ctr-httpwn/releases

I said Yes to transferring DSi Ware games but it didn't show up for some reason.

Any idea what happened? I purchased Fieldrunners on my 11.2 via HBL eShop since I heard if you access the actual eShop it puts a countdown on the remaining days you're locked out of playing Sun/Moon until release day, did I mess up by buying Fieldrunners via ctr-httpwn since it sends 'minimal' information about my system? It showed that Fieldrunners transferred which is what confuses me.

weazle99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sitting here with an o3ds on 2.1.0-4u firmware and i'm not sure what to do from this point. I heard I don't need to buy a gateway since my firmware is so low and i've read tutorials on different CFW (luna,rxTools, ect.) but they keep getting me confuse.
i.e. one guide told me to updated from 2.1 but later on made me downgrade back to it.
Should I just buy a gateway and update to 4.x using a retail cart or what? I just want to play pokemon off of a cia.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sitting here with an o3ds on 2.1.0-4u firmware and i'm not sure what to do from this point. I heard I don't need to buy a gateway since my firmware is so low and i've read tutorials on different CFW (luna,rxTools, ect.) but they keep getting me confuse.
i.e. one guide told me to updated from 2.1 but later on made me downgrade back to it.
Should I just buy a gateway and update to 4.x using a retail cart or what? I just want to play pokemon off of a cia.
Just follow the guide. Enter your firmware and device and it will give you step by step instructions. Https://plailect.github.io/Guide

KnightFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob to Luna3DS here.
Just hacked my o3DS 4.50-10U to Luna3DS CFW and 11.2...
I'm on 6.5 of... arm9loaderhax... section 4 step 2 says to remove firmware.bin and cetk ... but when I do so it doesn't boot up... I do something wrong?
works fine with them but not without.

also splash.bin and splashbottom.bin don't work.

also can I find out which ofw "NAND" version i'm on? Or am i on cfw luma3ds 11.2 only now?

Last edited by KnightFire,

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
looking for information re: System Transfer, will I be able to do another one on the target 2DS? or both will both consoles be done for a week?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I know this question shouldnt go here but i hope someone can help me.

I just installed Pokemon Moon cia but the game dosnt show up in JKSM. I want to make a dump of the save. What can i do?

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Noob to Luna3DS here.
Just hacked my o3DS 4.50-10U to Luna3DS CFW and 11.2...
I'm on 6.5 of... arm9loaderhax... section 4 step 2 says to remove firmware.bin and cetk ... but when I do so it doesn't boot up... I do something wrong?
works fine with them but not without.

also splash.bin and splashbottom.bin don't work.

also can I find out which ofw "NAND" version i'm on? Or am i on cfw luma3ds 11.2 only now?
At the bottom of the guide their are links to support chat room. I used the second one and there were a bunch of people there live to help answer my questions.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The new pokemon.cia is too big for my SD card, so I'm using a microSD and adapter instead. Formatted MSD to exFat, transferred everything from SD card. Won't launch into GW mode, Is there something im doing wrong, It's been so long since I did anything with GW I've probably forgot something.

KnightFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new pokemon.cia is too big for my SD card, so I'm using a microSD and adapter instead. Formatted MSD to exFat, transferred everything from SD card. Won't launch into GW mode, Is there something im doing wrong, It's been so long since I did anything with GW I've probably forgot something.

Just .3ds files run on Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Thank you for ending my head trauma