• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, straight from 11.6 out of the box to b9s.

all the roms are on the root of the SD card. Its strange that every single game works beside white/black 2 though sadly.
Yeah that is weird. I don't want to say it's the ROMs but it could be I guess. I downloaded all of mine from a torrent collection, not a ROM site. They were all legit cartridge dumps so maybe that makes a difference? I dunno, some people do weird things to their dumps before they upload them. Just a thought.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah that is weird. I don't want to say it's the ROMs but it could be I guess. I downloaded all of mine from a torrent collection, not a ROM site. They were all legit cartridge dumps so maybe that makes a difference? I dunno, some people do weird things to their dumps before they upload them. Just a thought.

Sadly i tried several sources including torrents. It still wil black screen at title screen with glitchy sound of the music that plays.

FrenchGaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I've got some problems...

I tried to install pokemon Y cia, and after that my sd I think is corrupted. Whenever i try to put it in my laptop It don't recognize it and whne i put it my 2Ds it launch after a loooong time and after booting up it ALWAYS create datas on my sd like it was new.

I tried to install Boot Ntr via FBI and it gives me this error:

Failed to install CIA Files
Result Code: 0xC8A0802B
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid State (5)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Database does not exist (43)

I'm on last release of Luma and ARM9

And btw i cannot boot luma while my sd is in the DS.

Thanks a lot in advance, i'm desperate!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I've got some problems...

I tried to install pokemon Y cia, and after that my sd I think is corrupted. Whenever i try to put it in my laptop It don't recognize it and whne i put it my 2Ds it launch after a loooong time and after booting up it ALWAYS create datas on my sd like it was new.

I tried to install Boot Ntr via FBI and it gives me this error:

Failed to install CIA Files
Result Code: 0xC8A0802B
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid State (5)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Database does not exist (43)

I'm on last release of Luma and ARM9

And btw i cannot boot luma while my sd is in the DS.

Thanks a lot in advance, i'm desperate!
Get a new SD card?

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to add CFW to my O2DS Now I want to add it to my 20th Anniv Pokemon 3ds but its on 11.6 Ive looked at the guide and just wondering the best and easiest method. Will I be able to do the transfer version with my O2DS to my 3DS or should I buy a flash cart and go that route or the easiest route and find someone to do it for me. Id like to learn to do it myself so I can help out friends and family.

Is downgrading firmware an option?

jmln1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I recently got myself a New 3DS XL with the 11.2 firmware and Freeshop installed.
Sadly, this is all I know about 3DS modding, since I'm out of the scene for several years. I have no idea how this was installed.
Because of the firmware, I can't go online (I tried with Pokemon Y, but it prompted an update system message).
Out of curiosity (it's not really necessary) I have a couple of doubts:
* Is there any way to know the "method" used to install freeshop? Meaning, if I want to update something, what do I have to update?
* Is there any way to go online without updating the firmware, or, if there isn't, is there a way to safely upgrade the firmware without losing anything?
Thanks in advance.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I recently got myself a New 3DS XL with the 11.2 firmware and Freeshop installed.
Sadly, this is all I know about 3DS modding, since I'm out of the scene for several years. I have no idea how this was installed.
Because of the firmware, I can't go online (I tried with Pokemon Y, but it prompted an update system message).
Out of curiosity (it's not really necessary) I have a couple of doubts:
* Is there any way to know the "method" used to install freeshop? Meaning, if I want to update something, what do I have to update?
* Is there any way to go online without updating the firmware, or, if there isn't, is there a way to safely upgrade the firmware without losing anything?
Thanks in advance.
When you hold select while the console boots does it go to Luma3ds configuration? If so what Luma version is it on?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

jmln1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay. It's safe to update normally to the newest version. Is there Luma Updater installed? If yes you should run it first and install latest version of Luma. If not you can download it from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/ and extract the boot.firm to the root of your sd card.
So, I just download the boot.firm, put it in the root, and after booting I can update "normally"? Is there any risk involved that would justify not doing this?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are freeeshop instructions in the first post in this thread
Is there any way to go online without updating the firmware,
it was already stated its safe to update but to answer this question directly you dont need to update to go online (but its recommended update) you could use this homebrew app to bypass the update nag and use online features GitHub - yellows8/ctr-httpwn: 3DS HTTP-sysmodule exploit for bypassing required sysupdates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: It's proven quite frustrating.