• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2024 Election - What are your key issues, if you are voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's the point - this contradicts what you said before. If you're saying you hate leftists, then yes, you're offending people. Regardless of the reason why you did this, this goes against the initial pacifist stance in your first post. I just pointed out how funny it was.
I am not a pacifist. Not at all. I was just asking people to keep their comments confined to the topic and not just go off onto another meltdown like my stalkers do every time they see my name. That's all.

I never hit first. I DO hit back, though. That's fair.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are not a Libertarian. YOU don't get to dictate what someone from a party that you are not a part of believes in.
If you don't believe in absolute personal freedom to the extent you aren't infringing on others' personal freedom, you aren't a Libertarian, that's all there is to it. The Republican party has been taking oppositional stances to both personal and constitutional freedoms for a while now.

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't believe in absolute personal freedom to the extent you aren't infringing on others' personal freedom, you aren't a Libertarian, that's all there is to it. The Republican party has been taking oppositional stances to both personal and constitutional freedoms for a while now.
Well, good news. That's pretty much exactly what I believe in. As stated numerous times. That is my ideal. I understand it's not reality, and we have to make compromises, but absolute personal freedom to the extent that you DO NO HARM to others? Yeah. I might have said that about a dozen times so far.

Still not a Republican. Still not going to try to defend them. Still not my job to defend a party I am not aligned with.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you vote for the party that is in direct contrast with your stances.
I will simply accept that as a surrender. You know you can't say anything, and that's why you are trying to answer a question with a question.

I am taking that as impled agreement on all of those issues. So, as I suggested, we DO agree on more than that which we differ.

And you're just as much of an arrogant prick as I am, so why are we fighting? You'd LOVE me if I were on your side, and you know it.

• Haha

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am not a pacifist. Not at all. I was just asking people to keep their comments confined to the topic and not just go off onto another meltdown like my stalkers do every time they see my name. That's all.

I never hit first. I DO hit back, though. That's fair.
But if all it takes for you to lash out in anger is for a single leftist to call you out on anything, isn't that kinda bad? I think you'd be the superior person if you acted respectful to others regardless if you disagree with their opinions. Like, if your ideal thread is a respectful thread, and if you truly had that intent, then maybe the person to actually adhere to it the most would be you, unless you had other intentions from the start.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And you're just as much of an arrogant prick as I am, so why are we fighting? You'd LOVE me if I were on your side, and you know it.
Eh no. I can back up my statements. You can't. And love you? Back off please. Keep your hands where I can see em.

I will simply accept that as a surrender. You know you can't say anything, and that's why you are trying to answer a question with a question.
I can actually say plenty, but I asked you first. So you can take whatever you want, but sadly I ain't giving anything.

I am taking that as impled agreement on all of those issues. So, as I suggested, we DO agree on more than that which we differ.

And, unsurprisingly, you'd be wrong, because I'd never compromise on my stances just to spite others.
Post automatically merged:

unless you had other intentions from the start.

And here we are.

Reactions: Sizednochi

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you will vote and have voted for them, which is demonstrable support for them.
Want to know my voting record?

2004 - Kobe Bryant and Martha Stewart (write-in)
2008 - Ron Paul (write-in)
2012 - Uzumaki Naruto (write-in)
2016 - Trump (happily)
2020 - Trump (fuck Democrats)

I take this far, far less seriously than you do. I just like to debate with people, preferably folks who disagree with me. You are all great entertainment, and a few of you are even intelligent, and teach me a few things.

You, for example. I don't like you at all. Not in the slightest. I do respect YOU, though, because unlike most others here, you admitted that you are a far-left, hardcore liberal, you admitted to your own bias, and you're intelligent enough to step to me.

Again, just to remind you, I don't like you. I'd never have a beer with you in person. But I like arguing with you. You are just good enough for that, and you do entertain me sometimes. You even beat me on this very thread. I admitted it instantly. You won a round with me, and few can say that.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hardcore liberal
An oxymoron if i ever see one, with a specific emphasis.

2020 - Trump (fuck Democrats)
"I don't hate people" (page 1)
"I have stances i care about (page 2-10)
"I only vote to spite people i hate and fuck my stances"

This makes me feel very sad for you. An irreconcilable dissociation and dunning-kruger effect.

Reactions: RetroGen

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if all it takes for you to lash out in anger is for a single leftist to call you out on anything, isn't that kinda bad? I think you'd be the superior person if you acted respectful to others regardless if you disagree with their opinions. Like, if your ideal thread is a respectful thread, and if you truly had that intent, then maybe the person to actually adhere to it the most would be you, unless you had other intentions from the start.
Dude, NONE of these cats have shown me the slightest modicum of respect, with the exception of Xzi.

I am NOT going to let some twat on the internet just talk shit and not fire back and take it. I am not a pacifist.

Do you not agree that they would also gain in respectability if they could discuss a topic without personal attacks?

I ask you to do me a solid. Read back. Read every time that you think I attacked someone, and then look just above. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's because I was attacked first. I would go much, much harder if I could, trust me. But I never hit first.

I still will tolerate no insult without answer. Fuck that. My ego is too big. Not letting some random prick talk shit without at least firing back. There's a lot of "be the bigger man" to go around, no?

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And with each post, my point about narcissistic personality disorder is proven.
Did you have anything to contribute to the discussion, or are you my new Thing #3?

Contribute to the topic, please.

Stop with the personal attacks and flaming, please. There's a good lad.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More irreconcilable dissociation.
Man, that's like a five-dollar sentence for you.

How much is that in pounds? You deserve a prize.

I support gay rights, marriage rights, abortions, legalization of marijuana, keeping religion out of schools, a COMPLETE gun ban like Australia did, decimation of the military, major focus on education and the economy.

Which of these stances do you disagree with me on?

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ask you to do me a solid. Read back. Read every time that you think I attacked someone, and then look just above. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's because I was attacked first. I would go much, much harder if I could, trust me. But I never hit first.
Objectively false. You get called out on your attitude, which you have admitted several times in this thread to be exactly what it gets called out to be, and you lash out petulantly.

I support gay rights, marriage rights, abortions, legalization of marijuana, keeping religion out of schools, a COMPLETE gun ban like Australia did, decimation of the military, major focus on education and the economy.

Which of these stances do you disagree with me on?

Abortion on day of birth. Because even the medically illiterate know it's dangerous for the pregnant woman.
Why do you keep voting for a party and president who want to outlaw abortion completely? Do you think it gives you power over women?

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I support Trump predominantly because folks like you despise him so much, to be honest. It genuinely makes me happy to see you angry over one man that you are literally obsessed with, and who causes you actual emotional distress. It really is just to shove it in your face, more than anything

This is basically an admission that your character is one that is objectively bad and shitty. Given your history it seems like the only thing you're able to take joy in is the suffering of others.

You really should reevaluate your life.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Objectively false. You get called out on your attitude, which you have admitted several times in this thread to be exactly what it gets called out to be, and you lash out petulantly.

Abortion on day of birth. Because even the medically illiterate know it's dangerous for the pregnant woman.
Why do you keep voting for a party and president who want to outlaw abortion completely? Do you think it gives you power over women?

Are there any of these that you disagree with?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P