• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump leading in 5 key swing states

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a source on that? i was referring to the notion that i dont know how sources work.
Based on your recent comments, it doesn't appear that you know how to effectively cite sources. Either that, or you just don't care.
When you cite a source in an argument, it's not your opponent's job to narrow your source down. It's your job. So far, the extent of the sources you've provided here, to my knowledge is, and I'm quoting, "The CDC". That's a good start, but it doesn't explain why the CDC specifically supports your stance. When did the CDC say something to support your stance? Why does that support your argument? If you intend to debate, then you should be prepared to do your own work to support your stance. If you do not, such as in this case, you will often be ridiculed or dismissed for your lack of commitment to your claim.
That, and declaring ANY source as "the only factual source of information on the planet" demonstrates a clear lack of understanding on how information works.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
do you have a source on that? i was referring to the notion that i dont know how sources work.
You didn’t properly cite a source when asked. I don’t understand how I am the problem when I just pointing this out. Again, it’s not my fault you don’t know how to properly cite your sources, maybe take some time learning how to do that. It would be more helpful for yourself next time someone asks for your sources.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You made the claim and it was also a false claim at that. You almost never provide a source when asked and have a history of making shit up or citing misinformation, I have no reason to trust any of your claims without knowing your source. That said, you should do the leg work instead of moving the burden onto me. The burden of proof goes onto you, if you can’t provide that proof when asked, then your claim is bullshit. Maybe try actually being honest when you make claims, no one likes a liar
I have provided sources in the past. You always dismissed them. So, I decided to not waste my time on you ever again. That policy will always hold because I don't care what you think.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn’t properly cite a source when asked. I don’t understand how I am the problem when I just pointing this out. Again, it’s not my fault you don’t know how to properly cite your sources, maybe take some time learning how to do that. It would be more helpful for yourself next time someone asks for your sources.

well we can both agree on one thing, you definitely dont understand, that much is truel

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump is now arguing that he never swore an oath to support and defend the constitution. Which, if true, would mean he was never technically president. How dumb can a person be.
I saw that.
I don't think he realized how bad that looks.
"Well, technically, I didn't promise to protect the country...."
It's another hail-mary, and will inevitably dissolve in cross-examination. Stuff like this is all he has left. He's falling, but he's pulling the tablecloth down with him.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe we are at a point of arguing word choice, because they can't argue directly about it not being an insurrection.
This man can afford the greasiest lawyers America has to offer--you can bet they're going to dispute everything and anything possible. That's just how it is, unfortunately.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This man can afford the greasiest lawyers America has to offer--you can bet they're going to dispute everything and anything possible. That's just how it is, unfortunately.
He SHOULD be able to afford the best lawyers, but the best lawyers don't want to go near him. One, because the case is nearly unwinnable, and two because he's well known for not paying his lawyers.

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that.
I don't think he realized how bad that looks.
"Well, technically, I didn't promise to protect the country...."
It's another hail-mary, and will inevitably dissolve in cross-examination. Stuff like this is all he has left. He's falling, but he's pulling the tablecloth down with him.
Trump may be falling but regardless of what legal repercussions Trump may ultimately face, Trumpism will remain stubbornly behind. It is the dominant ideology of the Republican party now. Any significant change from that would require almost all republicans to admit they were wrong when they embraced Trump and his conspiracy theories. If I've ever learned anything, it's how difficult it is to admit when you are wrong, even to yourself. It requires a certain amount of humility that not many possess.

Reactions: titan_tim

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trump may be falling but regardless of what legal repercussions Trump may ultimately face, Trumpism will remain stubbornly behind. It is the dominant ideology of the Republican party now. Any significant change from that would require almost all republicans to admit they were wrong when they embraced Trump and his conspiracy theories. If I've ever learned anything, it's how difficult it is to admit when you are wrong, even to yourself. It requires a certain amount of humility that not many possess.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You guys can disagree with Pachee without pretending to not know what they are talking about. It seems like you don't want to touch the subject because you are afraid.

It's true that tribalism is generally not frowned upon. Even in America, they want to "uplift the black community", "the Latin community", "the Jewish community". You can be proud to be any race but you cannot be proud to be white.

Last edited by tabzer,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

infidelity and trying to overthrow our government are 2 way different things ya know
Post automatically merged:

Am I misunderstanding something about American culture?
it's called racism you idiot why do you think Tommy oliver/JDF said tiger power instead his color as a ranger+power for a very OBVIOUS reason

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
infidelity and trying to overthrow our government are 2 way different things ya know

Not conflating the two. The point was about how American politicians get away with their lies and avoid accountability with these word games. If Clinton wasn't allowed to skate on that "defense", then Trump's wordplay wouldn't even be argued about.

it's called racism you idiot why do you think Tommy oliver/JDF said tiger power instead his color as a ranger+power for a very OBVIOUS reason

What part of noticing racism in America makes me the idiot? I think all of the Power Rangers referred to their Zords and not their suit color. Are you proud of your heritage? If so, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto