jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like they are trying awfully hard... There are way too many similarities between the two. The only thing I like about Zynga's take on the game is that the environment looks more life like, but their people look retarded.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Props to NimbleBit for not allowing themselves to be acquired. I say to myself now that I'd never sell my (future) game studio to Zynga because I have 0 respect for them, but I'm not sure I could resist the temptation, if actually offered.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will cause Zynga to lose allot of money big time.

I don't really see it. Gameloft has made an entire career off of copying other games and they're still around. Odds are, despite blatantly stealing ideas from Tiny Tower, it still uses its own code and own properties. Really douchey? Absolutely. But illegal? I seriously doubt it. Unless the ideas and concepts around Tiny Tower were copyrighted and Zynga infringed on those copyrights.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TIny TOwer itself is based on an older game. this is only news worthy because it's a blatant copy of the GOTY. It's not like the app wasn't well known and they swooped in and copied the idea; they stole the idea of something that is advertised directly on the App Store. It's kind of like a game company pushing out Current Warfare while Modern Warfare is being advertised all about Gamestop.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
the bad thing is, this Zynga version will probably be more popular than Tiny Tower and will most likely make that look like a cheap imitation. sad but true.
Nah, that's not true at all.
Tiny Tower is well known - It didn't get GOTY for nothing.

Edit: And the Zynga version looks more like a cheap imitation, Tiny Tower is more authentic.

Reactions: 1 person

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
the bad thing is, this Zynga version will probably be more popular than Tiny Tower and will most likely make that look like a cheap imitation. sad but true.
Nah, that's not true at all.
Tiny Tower is well known - It didn't get GOTY for nothing.

Edit: And the Zynga version looks more like a cheap imitation, Tiny Tower is more authentic.
that's on the iPhone. and how many millions of people own an iPhone AND know the game, compared to how many MORE millions are on Facebook and are very very likely to see the Zynga clone?

iPhones aren't exactly very cheap, compared to Facebook access in general. Even little kids from my place who don't know know squat about using computers properly know how to play DotA, online MMOs, Counter Strike and L4D and of course, have an active Facebook account with tons of active games on it.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
that's on the iPhone. and how many millions of people own an iPhone AND know the game, compared to how many MORE millions are on Facebook and are very very likely to see the Zynga clone?

iPhones aren't exactly very cheap, compared to Facebook access in general. Even little kids from my place who don't know know squat about using computers properly know how to play DotA, online MMOs, Counter Strike and L4D and of course, have an active Facebook account with tons of active games on it.
Tiny Tower is for both iOS and Android.
Dream Heights is only for iOS

Reactions: 2 people

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Kairo Park make games very similar to this too (except they're more amazing)..but I don't see the massive problem, loads of apps are copied on the iphone..I guess the difference is it goes unnoticed.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

Tiny Tower is for both iOS and Android.
Dream Heights is only for iOS
Oh, so it's not on Facebook? I kinda thought all Zynga games always have a Facebook counterpart...

D

Deleted User

The money-grabbing facebook game-shitting bastards need to be taught a long, hard lesson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.