Gaming Zoombinis on the ds

rhoobarb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are a few games that I would like to see appearing on the ds but my favourite would be Zoombinis. I think it would work really well on the ds and I for one would buy it.

There are loads of educational games coming out on the ds but I think Zoombinis beats most of them.

Do you agree or is there a game you think could do better in that category.

LONG LIVE ZOOMBINIS!...
and Music Monstars and MysteryCaseFiles type stuff!

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
played tat game before on pc when i wan little.....blue self-customize monsters vs some weird rollers monsters
puzzles lik pizza making...tree homes etc...

quite fun n i always play it when i get the chance to use my comp last time

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got this running on Windows 3.11 on Dosbox a while back. One of my favorites as a kid. The game had some really pretty graphics. I remember one part where you were supposed to be making a pizza for some trolls or something!
laugh.gif

I think Broderbund made this (I think I misspelled that). I doubt it'll come to DS, but it might be pretty fun.

Here's a screen of a puzzle:
ZoombinisBridges.jpg

You have to decide which bridge to send your Zoombinis over. Each "face" under the bridge is allergic to a specific feature of the zoombinis. You have to figure out which features are compatible with which bridge. Each time you mess up, the cliff will sneeze (lol), knock you up, and a peg holding the rope drops off. Lose all pegs, and your remaining zoombinis travel back to the last shelter. There are MANY puzzles like this. It's quite fun!
wink.gif

Another great kid's series was the Learning Company Super Solvers and Super Seekers games. Here were some examples:

Super Seekers games included:

- Treasure Mountain
- Treasure Mathstorm
- Treasure Cove
- Treasure Galaxy

Super Solvers games include:

- Outnumbered
- Midnight Rescue
- Gizmos & Gadgets (my favorite)
- Mission THINK (a later one almost identical to G&G, easier though)

I loved these as a kid, and they actually made learning fun for me! I'm not ashamed to admit I still like to get these out and play them again for nostalgia.

klokwerk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about this a month or so ago. I didn't get to play Zoombinis as much but I loved the Super Seekers/Super Solvers. I actually dreamed up a DS version that would have all those games on the one cartridge.

What we need is a skilled programmer with a great passion for these old educational games. Then we need to coerce that person into coding these for DS. No? I'm not crazy, geez.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
klokwerk said:
I was thinking about this a month or so ago. I didn't get to play Zoombinis as much but I loved the Super Seekers/Super Solvers. I actually dreamed up a DS version that would have all those games on the one cartridge.

What we need is a skilled programmer with a great passion for these old educational games. Then we need to coerce that person into coding these for DS. No? I'm not crazy, geez.
I can't imagine anyone but a dedicated fan making the TLC games on DS. The Learning Company had been bought out and resold many times. I haven't seen those games available in years.

Maybe one could make an emulator for those games. I got them running VERY fast in Dosbox, so they might run at a decent speed on the DS. Or at least a special emulator coded just for those games.

Anyways, bask in nostalgic glory!

Treasure Mathstorm-

Midnight Rescue-

I have all these games, so I feel lucky I guess! Dosbox is a godsend. Too bad I don't have a floppy drive as some of the games are on floppies.

DoctorDawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah ! They really are amazing games, I had alot of fun with them when I was waaaaaaaay younger, and If they came to DS I would definitely play them !
smile.gif

DoctorDawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey does anyone know this game by TLS called number muncher or something ? That was an awesome game, and I always used to go on Prime number
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I think we as a society should take the Cave Johnson approach to scientific studies