Zombie thread, RAAAGH

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my old 3DS XL ^__^ This is why i'm waiting nicely.

I haven't told anybody, but I actually bought the red button sky3ds first. It was good, didn't like the 10 game limit because I knew from the start it was b.s. but couldn't prove it. I gave that to my little sister after buying the gw card when it was on sale for black friday and had to continue the wait. So yeah I have been on both sides of the fence, I'm still waiting for GW.

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Gary! long time no see,
I really hope that gateway will release ASAP,,
everyone is waiting science NOV,
anyway,, I heard there's new card from one of the reseller email, is that true?
I believe I saw something like that in one of the Chinese forum..

A new GW card? In the last email they sent me they said no! The previous GW card will still work on N3DS.

Reactions: Margen67

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They can find plenty reasons, they are a "little" team I guess, at this level even personal stuff can slow them. Familly problem for one of them, etc, so there is 1000 possible reasons. ^^"

Then they should tell us wtf is going on if that's the case.... I can't belive the support people give to a company that doesn't care about them. All gateway cares about is the money, if they had a release eminent they would tell us but since they only care about money they tell us nothing because they have nothing and don't want us to go to SKY3DS OR QQ3DS or DSTWO+ but if they cared about customer relations they would tell us, Because they tell us nothing il prob sell my gateway when my money comes in at the end of the month and probably will sell my gateway and go with sky3ds and dstwo+ as backup when it's released.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
No more info yet, see my earlier reply below to satel.

Easter Holidays? - Car Accident ? Train Wreck, leaving a member in the hospital? - Terrorist Attack? - Piracy Raid by Nintendo? - (There is lot of possible reasons), but I say within the next two or three days now that chinese are slowly moving back to work, we will at least get their promised announcement, as they get back to work in shipping out stock to resellers, and answering the backlog of emails finally. -- As soon I know something, or hear a whisper of work/email/chat I will let people know whats up!

We love you Gary!!!! Bring gateway to us :D

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If gateway releases a new card they can go to hell, and I hope you all go DSTWO+ when it's released if Gateway decides to introduce a new card for new 3ds.

For those saying they would go Sky/QQ IF YOU DIDNT PURCHASE YOUR gateway then just sell it online, you will most likely make a profit and sold very fast locally. Friend just sold his Gateway for 100$ locally lol and ordered a SKY3ds, his sky3ds will be here before the update.

I'm not a scalper so I wouldn't sell it for 100$ but if you want it can be sold for that for local pickup, people don't like waiting...

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my belief that they had NO entry point whatsoever for the N3DS and just used ninjhax and ported their already in the works regular 3DS code quickly. This is why its taking so long probably, they may not even have an entry point at this point in time.

Y'know what? This is the very first logical explanation I've read as to what's going on. Nothing else explains what's taken them so long, or why they haven't provided any status updates.

Reactions: Random Joe

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Just received my metallic blue N3DS XL (EUR/PAL) to play retail carts (it comes with Tomodatchi Life W.E. preinstalled), and compared to my JPN N3DS it has far superior top screen with almost accurate colour temperature on both screens.

The JPN N3DS top screen washes out to white immediately if going up or down angle, while same thing doesn't happen in N3DS XL screen, also the bottom screen colour is much warmer (bit reddish) on JPN N3DS compared to N3DS XL whose color tempertaure is neutral and same as top screen. Now I am bit concerned with my desicion of keeping JPN N3DS.

EDIT: The head tracking system, however, is still better in JPN N3DS (that is on 8.1) compared to N3DS XL (that is on 9.0)

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what was the reason the mii entry point isn't being used and released like in their video? No one cares about mii support, games that use them would still run just not the mii portion of the game, thus the reason SSB worked on the n3DS... Does anyone actually use mii's and would care that it was temporarily missing? I just don't understand Gateways logic. Why not slap a beta tag on it and call it a day?

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what was the reason the mii entry point isn't being used and released like in their video? No one cares about mii support, games that use them would still run just not the mii portion of the game, thus the reason SSB worked on the n3DS... Does anyone actually use mii's and would care that it was temporarily missing? I just don't understand Gateways logic. Why not slap a beta tag on it and call it a day?

I use Mii Plaza pretty extensively. Gotta get them puzzle swap panels.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So do I but would you really miss them till they released the full update? I'd rather have some sort of update vs nothing at all, seems Gateway can't keep up with the other teams anymore. Guess Gateway being the best 3DS cart is behind us.

Reactions: Nightwish

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Y'know what? This is the very first logical explanation I've read as to what's going on. Nothing else explains what's taken them so long, or why they haven't provided any status updates.

They never give status updates until the release. It's not new.
You're just looking for explanations where you don't have one. The reality is that they will release whatever they want when they decide that it's working as they want. It's maybe unfortunate but this is their way of doing things.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They never give status updates until the release. It's not new.
You're just looking for explanations where you don't have one. The reality is that they will release whatever they want when they decide that it's working as they want. It's maybe unfortunate but this is their way of doing things.

And another team soon will figure out how to treat their customers properly with real communication and then bye bye gateway team. Will happen, there is a gap the consumers want filled, and it's just a matter of tme. Here hoping the DSTWO+ will knock some sense into the gateways teams heads.

I want to see the gateway team better their Buisness but the past few months have lead me to belive they will always be like this, ignoring their consumers request for answers. Lack of communications leaves a sour taste in the consumers mouth, why wouldn't they want to better the consumer experience with just giving us periodic updates like KrikZZ and Ikari01 flash carts.

Most of you guys must not own a everdrive or a SD2SNES but when you experience how good the communication is with them, you will realize there is no excuse for silence ALWAYS...

I have no problem paying 160-200$ for a 3ds flash cart with a team that keeps us updated with the progress, most of my everdrives are from stoneagegamer thus 100$-250$ depending on the everdrive/SDSNES, I have no problem paying this and not a clone version becaus Krikzz and Ikari are amazing guys and the communicate with their consumers, Krikzz will literally answer everybody and anybody's questions and give status updates.

Hype train for Everdrive3DS schedueled t be released 2016-2017, jk lol but I bet one day he makes one and then I can finally toss these subpar flashcarts I'm the trash.

Btw for those who don't know what everdrives are Krikzz.com

Reactions: Diag and Margen67

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And another team soon will figure out how to treat their customers properly with real communication and then bye bye gateway team. Will happen, there is a gap the consumers want filled, and it's just a matter of tme. Here hoping the DSTWO+ will knock some sense into the gateways teams heads.

I want to see the gateway team better their Buisness but the past few months have lead me to belive they will always be like this, ignoring their consumers request for answers. Lack of communications leaves a sour taste in the consumers mouth, why wouldn't they want to better the consumer experience with just giving us periodic updates like KrikZZ and Ikari01 flash carts.

Most of you guys must not own a everdrive or a SD2SNES but when you experience how good the communication is with them, you will realize there is no excuse for silence ALWAYS...

I have no problem paying 160-200$ for a 3ds flash cart with a team that keeps us updated with the progress, most of my everdrives are from stoneagegamer thus 100$-250$ depending on the everdrive/SDSNES, I have no problem paying this and not a clone version becaus Krikzz and Ikari are amazing guys and the communicate with their consumers, Krikzz will literally answer everybody and anybody's questions and give status updates.

Hype train for Everdrive3DS schedueled t be released 2016-2017, jk lol but I bet one day he makes one and then I can finally toss these subpar flashcarts I'm the trash.

Btw for those who don't know what everdrives are Krikzz.com
Here, have a Snickers.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Begin Rant: mii's are like iphones, a wretched curse on humanity. They need to be wiped out. and Amiibos? really? 14 bucks for a bloody kinder surprise toy with a 2 cent NFC tag stuck on the bottom? Nin's printing money.

End Rant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?