Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
since it looks like they dropped the idea with their last entrypoint for the n3ds and they don´t seem to answer any email, i´m not really sure anymore if they really have a plan b or if they are now trying to grasp at straws and are clueless themselves

edit: i think vingt-2 gave me some hope lol (though another webkit exploit would really suck)

Reactions: Random Joe

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it was the same as last year same time when many people argue because then they did not deliver the multirom and pokemon support everyone nedded i think after the new chinesse new year it will be relesed like last year

Reactions: MrJason005

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Something" is different in sysnand 9.5 that Gateway doesn't like. That's all I get from their news release.
Where did you see further elaboration on the hurdles they're tackling?

If this whole 9.4/9.5 point of view of mine can be blown out of the water then I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm impartial either way on the subject. I just can't see any discussion or clarification confirming 9.2 is for sure the N3DS cutoff.

From their website, piecing together all the text...
9.2 sysnand is the cutoff for all 3DS/N3DS versions.
9.4 is the last supported emunand on N3DS (and we're even still waiting on this)
9.5 and above emunand is supported on old 3DS's and 2DS
Firmware downgrade to 4.x is only supported on old 3DS as the N3DS and 2DS never came with that version of software.

And.... just so everyone is aware, regardless of the above info, we are currently waiting on ANY form of N3DS support.

Reactions: SolarisHeights

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From their website, piecing together all the text...
9.2 sysnand is the cutoff for all 3DS versions.
9.4 is the last supported emunand on N3DS (and we're even still waiting on this)
9.5 and above emunand is supported on old 3DS's and 2DS
Firmware downgrade to 4.x is only supported on old 3DS as the N3DS and 2DS never came with that version of software.

And.... just so everyone is aware, regardless of the above info, we are currently waiting on ANY form of N3DS support.

My problem is your first point. 3DS does not equal N3DS.
And sometimes you have to read between the lines and say "why?"
Your second point is about emunand 9.5 but that clearly suggests something is different in sysnand 9.5 to have impacted emunand 9.5

We'll just have to sit back and wait I suppose. All I'm saying is I agree with waiting until NA release and would have been quite surprised if they released the exploit prior to NA release.
I just can't picture a business confronted with a possible NA capability yelling "YOLO" and releasing earlier than the NA release.
And they wouldn't have told people they are waiting until the NA release because people would have held off ordering their gateways. It's a business. It's all about $$$.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How about saying you are the one that is stupid here? You thought 1st of January is created by God or something? Calendar is just a thing created by human. Whether you are using western or lunar calendar they are all invented by humans. You can choose your new year to be 1st of January, and we can choose our new year to be 正月初一(which is Chinese calendar first month's first day). The next time you want to scold something/someone stupid, fill your empty brain with some contents please. Thanks.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
their website states N3DS version 9.2? fixing your post is totally missing my point. :wink:

This is what it says: (no mention of N3DS)

LOL, I think now you're getting the entire point of this thread. (besides allowing folks to have a good vent).

Your point though is well noted. Rumour mill states that the N3DS browser in 9.2 was different and does not contain the exploitable code. All browser versions after that were patched.

Now this may be a poxied pile of pig poop, but it's at least plausible.

So, one can conclude that far from having an imminent release, GW actually have no working exploit for the N3DS at all. Or, they have a non browser exploit that will be out..... SOON™. Bwhahahahahahahahaha!! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT