Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why is everyone impatient with gateway's release? it's been like 4 days since the NA N3DS release. >.<
We already knew they were going to wait until after the NA release... what's another few weeks/months?
I ordered my N3DS online and my power cable from China... likely a few months before the power cable shows up so I'm in no rush.
If you need to play games NAO then just buy a sky also. Sell the Sky later on craigslist. *shrug*

A lot of people bought it in November 2014, an Australian or Japanese version for exemple, and since then, the GW team say "it's almost there". ^^"

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people bought it in November 2014, an Australian or Japanese version for exemple, and since then, the GW team say "it's almost there". ^^"
Yes this I bought mine when AU N3ds was released I was pretty confident that GW would have N3DS support working at least by the time MM was released since they showed it working in their video
Now I am getting impatient and have a dilemma on weather or not to get into MM on my old XL or to wait for GW

Reactions: Random Joe

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Sky3ds is still working fine. Best flashcart for the N3DS...... Im having the time of my life, while Gatewaiters are waiting for handouts.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm surprised that people thought they'd release the exploit before the NA release.
That's basically like gateway shooting themselves in the foot and saying, "we don't want to maintain a north american market share"
If they DID release a firmware before mid Feb, I likely wouldn't buy a gateway as they are making horrible business decisions.

At this point, I respect them as a business. They aren't here to make friends.
If it takes another month? Great. Two months? Then I start losing respect and question their ability to release.
I suspect my opinion is a minority though.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised that people thought they'd release the exploit before the NA release.
That's basically like gateway shooting themselves in the foot and saying, "we don't want to maintain a north american market share"
If they DID release a firmware before mid Feb, I likely wouldn't buy a gateway as they are making horrible business decisions.

If it takes another month? Great. Two months? Then I start losing respect and question their ability to release.

Sorry but you make zero sense.

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point in time we had no idea when the NA/EU N3DS will be released (the announcement from Nintendo was done some day afters) and thus which FW these console will have. Now we know that we could have waited since most of the first N3DS were shipped with sysnand 9.0, but back in time, how could we know?
And look at it this way: they released a video showing that it was working on the N3DS. In the same time they said that the 9.0/9.2 update will be "soon". At this time none of us had an idea of what mean "soon" but it was realistic to imagine that, since we had a video about the N3DS, the 9.0 support will be for every console. They also said that sysnand 9.3 and above will not be supported.

And from the GW team communication, we had two different things: the update will be soon, and it might not work on NA consoles. The choice to buy an AUS/JP console was the safer choice to make. And considering the fact that the update might not come before the US release... I'm sorry but even if they never explicitly said that the 9.0 support will be out for both console in the same time, they clearly maintained the ambiguity.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

IKR, it's like these mooorons, didn't really expect Nintendo to have all the gamestop/independant/other retailers in North America to be sitting on the shipments opening every console and manually updating them all to 9.3 or higher.
They're so dum-- oh wait, they shipped with 9.0 to 9.2 ?
I... Oh no, we've both been had!

Aparantly the real world doesn't work the way we thought!!

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but you make zero sense.

If they released the exploit earlier, Nintendo would have patched it earlier.

Pretty sure the N3DS exploit was patched by 9.5 in Feb. (Based on gateway saying they are having difficulty with 9.5)
If they released the exploit in Nov, you'd likely have seen it patched in 9.3 and Nintendo would have tried harder to release their N3DS on this patched 9.3+.
By the time Nintendo patched the hole in 9.5, it's too late to impact their NA release units.

My point of view revolved around that I don't see any mention of N3DS compatible firmware statements released from Gateway. Not quite sure why everyone is assuming it's 9.2 like the 3DS?

might not work on NA consoles.
This just further suggests why they would wait.
I'm not saying buying a Jap console was a bad idea. I just can't see them releasing anything until they know the answer to this "might" question.

Reactions: Nightwish

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure the N3DS exploit was patched by 9.5 in Feb. (Based on gateway saying they are having difficulty with 9.5)

What the?.. This is non sence. The hack has been patched in the 9.3, this is why GW works only with sysnand 9.2 and less.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
But they did mention in their previous news that they are working on N3DS support, although there will be no emuNAND support on firmware 9.5+

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the?.. This is non sence. The hack has been patched in the 9.3, this is why GW works only with sysnand 9.2 and less.

On 3DS. Where did they clearly outline N3DS requirements?
If both were being hacked by the same exploit, you also wouldn't see N3DS specific issues with emunand 9.5

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS and 3DS share the same kernel and stuff IIRC, or at least are very similar. All 3DS exploits are applicable to the N3DS, hence ninjhax being on N3DS as well and the N3DS not being supported by it past 9.2

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o__O. Go back read the explanation about the emunand 9.5 issue. This is completely unrelated.
"Something" is different in sysnand 9.5 that Gateway doesn't like. That's all I get from their news release.
Where did you see further elaboration on the hurdles they're tackling?

If this whole 9.4/9.5 point of view of mine can be blown out of the water then I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm impartial either way on the subject. I just can't see any discussion or clarification confirming 9.2 is for sure the N3DS cutoff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol