Zombie thread, RAAAGH

insidestraight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted exactly what Gateway advertised was coming soon, though time has proven they clearly don't have the capability. Sky3DS have proven to be the real professionals, I wouldn't be surprised if Gateway is just a 12 year old kid working in the computer lab at lunchtime.

Reactions: Thomas12345

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get how they've had ppl beta testing the shit for like months now n they've released the old 3ds 3.0 as a beta why can't they release the n3ds support to us as beta :(

There was probably a percentage of failure launching the exploit that they were concerned about. That failure could have the n3ds rendered a brick or .......mii-less....

Just my take.

Reactions: 2Hack

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted exactly what Gateway advertised was coming soon, though time has proven they clearly don't have the capability. Sky3DS have proven to be the real professionals, I wouldn't be surprised if Gateway is just a 12 year old kid working in the computer lab at lunchtime.

> "real professionals"
> limits games to 10 a cart and only removes it after someone breaks the limit
> releases entire new cart just for removing the limit instead of allowing the user to update their FPGA

Reactions: 2Hack

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

software-wise that's certainly possible. But I'm pretty sure you'll need an adult somewhere along the line to manufacture the actual GW cart and distribute it to retailers

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those are some rich ass 12 yr olds I must say.

Reactions: MrJason005

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
> "real professionals"
> releases entire new cart just for removing the limit instead of allowing the user to update their FPGA

That's called greedy. Not the same thing as unprofessional. Like a rich business man can be greedy and professional.

insidestraight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
> "real professionals"

It wouldn't make sense not to put a limit on the cartridge, they have a monopoly in the n3ds market, gateway clearly aren't or won't be a competitor anytime soon. I think it's extremely generous to now offer a blue button version that doesn't have to be cracked, they didn't have to do that...

nor3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a ui perspective having to flop through a whole library of games is kind of terrible... From a standpoint of effort I think it's quite clear who wins if anyone is asking. Finding exploits is hands down harder than brute forcing hardware...

insidestraight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From a ui perspective having to flop through a whole library of games is kind of terrible... From a standpoint of effort I think it's quite clear who wins if anyone is asking. Finding exploits is hands down harder than brute forcing hardware...

Effort doesn't count for anything in this world, it's about results and Gateway don't have any for the N3DS, lol...

Reactions: nor3x

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Effort doesn't count for anything in this world, it's about results and Gateway don't have any for the N3DS, lol...

Well they did a lot on the firmware modification/tweaking side which Gateway has but sky3DS doesn't. In my eyes, being able to modify the core of the 3DS is a bit more impressive than making an FPGA which emulates a 3DS cart.

Reactions: 2Hack and nor3x

nor3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that they don't yet for the N3DS, but what they've done with the 3DS is stellar. So stellar that no one here could do it (unless they are part of the team).
I guess the best way to judge a company is in their actions... So far gw's actions seem to display better skill, which hopefully translates to future updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: