Zombie thread, RAAAGH

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
But how? How can you get a dump of 9.4 from a n3ds when no exploit exists yet?
Wouldn't using that to put a 9.4 FW dump from an old 3ds on a n3ds not work correctly ie no n3ds hardware support?
9.4 FW must have 2 versions 1 for n3ds and 1 for old 3ds
And isn't that method a royal pain In the ass? I only ever briefly glanced over that thread and said fuck this it sounds way to complicated and risky

Yeah that makes total sense. I don't know how updateCDN works but since there isn't any known exploit running on N3DS atm there is no way to spoof N3DS 9.4 Fw files is there?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Your playing ignorant again... The keys could leak tomorrow or in 8 months for all we know.

or never for all we know which is a possibility unless you can read in to the future & know things that we don't.

they don't have the keys & that's that but we can hope & keep on dreaming this is all brilliant stuff for the gateway team's pocket. ;)

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Why again would you need the latest emunand?

System Transfer and using the eShop mate. That's why I was hoping that Gateway would release their New 3DS exploit before Nintendo updated the firmware. I'm not a happy bunny.

Might have to get a Sky3DS now but then if I do that and Nintendo kill the flashcart in a future update then I can't go back to Gateway. Not sure what to do now.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never saw THAT from satel. You maybe... but satel? nope:lol:

When you come into a thread that is based solely on GW release and start spewing about how great sky3ds is, yes thats asking for it. I don't understand the need to keep at it. Both cards work different to achieve a particular goal, play roms. Only GW has additional homebrew support and the ability to emulate nand. What more is there to it?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you come into a thread that is based solely on GW release and start spewing about how great sky3ds is, yes thats asking for it. I don't understand the need to keep at it. Both cards work different to achieve a particular goal, play roms. Only GW has additional homebrew support and the ability to emulate nand. What more is there to it?

How is saying Sky3ds is great wanting to start a flame war? He thinks its great. Thats all there is too it and hes trying to make an informed decision before he gets SKy3ds.. hell.... hes waiting on Gateway still.. he still has some faith in them..

I dont need faith in Gateway. I would like n3ds support for CIA.. but im cool because i have Sky3ds. Im not panicking or stressing out, because I already have support.

We can all coexist and not take everything so serious. :lol:

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that makes total sense. I don't know how updateCDN works but since there isn't any known exploit running on N3DS atm there is no way to spoof N3DS 9.4 Fw files is there?
Well it's not about spoofing files
I mean if you were to flash a 9.4 FW dump taken from a NAND of an old 3ds on to the NAND or emunand of a new 3ds then it would be missing the driver files for the new hardware ,the hardware is different NFC, face detection ,light sensor ,no wifi switch ,extra buttons etc
Someone made a post saying flashed an old 3ds FW to n3ds here before not sure if they were trolling but they said it didn't work and crippled the n3ds features but trolling or not I imagine that is exactly what would happen

Reactions: kheldar

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
or never for all we know which is a possibility unless you can read in to the future & know things that we don't.

they don't have the keys & that's that but we can hope & keep on dreaming this is all brilliant stuff for the gateway team's pocket. ;)

Thats true, but for the time being a regular 3DS can do everything a N3DS can. As far as I know this is just a bum,p in the road for N3DS users. All this being said Im gonna buy myself a N3DS and use GW with it til I can. When some N3DS exclusives gather up Ill just simply buy a Sky3ds if it by some miracle survives til then. But as I said you never know. I have like 40 more games to finish so til I do that theres a huge space gap ;)

System Transfer and using the eShop mate. That's why I was hoping that Gateway would release their New 3DS exploit before Nintendo updated the firmware. I'm not a happy bunny.

Might have to get a Sky3DS now but then if I do that and Nintendo kill the flashcart in a future update then I can't go back to Gateway. Not sure what to do now.

You can transfer your saves via savedatafiler and download the games and install them on your N3DS. You dont even need to access eShop with GW to update your games since pretty much all essential updates are released in .cia format ;)

Wait can we still play multiplayer if the system isn't updated to the latest firmware?

You sure can.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway on N3DS does no longer sound interesting. The N3DS features are going to be added after 9.5+, so stuck with 9.4.
On low firmware i see no big advantage(s) of my N3DS above my old 3DS XL. I am going to get Sky3DS for my N3DS and keep gateway for my Old N3DS.

(I don't care for regionfree)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
When you come into a thread that is based solely on GW release and start spewing about how great sky3ds is, yes thats asking for it. Since mods aren't moderating majority of the time its been getting out of hand. I don't understand the need to keep at it. Both cards work different to achieve a particular goal, play roms. Only GW has additional homebrew support and the ability to emulate nand. What more is there to it?

listen i'm making normal comments like any other "normal" member here i'm not attacking nor calling anyone names for liking either card or trying to start a stupid fanboy war like some of you here,if you don't like what i'm saying then put me on your ignore list i'm begging you to do it unless you can't because somehow you feel it's your mission & responsibility in life to make sure the Gateway team maintain their "awesome" reputation & high sales. :wacko:

oh look someone just mentioned the word SKY3DS :gun::O :whip:

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikka please, you and your hypocrisy.......

You understand Sky3ds defenders are out numbered here right? Sometimes it needs defending from hardcore GW fans. In the end, i hope we could all coexist as Sky and GW fans... but it can only happen is Sky3ds stops getting bashed... but its not... Because i truly believe without a shadow of a doubt that gbatemp is very much involved in the creation of Gateway.

Reactions: Thomas12345

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm fed up with waiting for gateway and they say themselves that they wont support N3DS in a near future (they didn't even say "soon", so I guess they'll take years to support it).

I have a 4.5 old 3DS to use gateway, but I'm gonna update my 9.2 N3DS as I want eshop and online.

As I buy all the games I want to play it's no problem, but it would have been more convenient to carry only one cartidge ... and have homebrew too ...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You understand Sky3ds defenders are out numbered here right? Sometimes it needs defending from hardcore GW fans. In the end, i hope we could all coexist as Sky and GW fans... but it can only happen is Sky3ds stops getting bashed... but its not... Because i truly believe without a shadow of a doubt that gbatemp is very much involved in the creation of Gateway.

I only see replies back to your remarks about how great sky3ds is in every GW thread you posted in, so why is there a need to make these remarks?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fed up with waiting for gateway and they say themselves that they wont support N3DS in a near future (they didn't even say "soon", so I guess they'll take years to support it).

I have a 4.5 old 3DS to use gateway, but I'm gonna update my 9.2 N3DS as I want eshop and online.

As I buy all the games I want to play it's no problem, but it would have been more convenient to carry only one cartidge ... and have homebrew too ...

Everything (basically) in eshop is available via .cia and you can still play online even without the latest firmware. There is no point to having 9.5 on a N3DS at this time.

Reactions: weatMod and lolboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_JcsfxdXDCc?si=WT3snpNEL3E1Cpod +1