Zombie thread, RAAAGH

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I ordered my JP 3DS in early January. It arrived a couple days ago. Didn't think Gateway would be slower than italian post service lol
It sucks being on 8.1 :/ I cannot play anything on it but a couple original DS games I have.

When I first unpacked it I went straight to the settings and was like: please 9.0, please 9.0, please 9.0. Oh. F*ck it.

Why I'm writing this? I'm bored.

Reactions: 2Hack and Sonicx64

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why it's in their best interests to shut up if the release is not close by. Since they know ppl have an ever lasting hope sometimes and if you crush that, they will lose patience.

Pretty much this. If they release an announcement apologizing for the delay or come up with some excuse, it will become the great Gateway exodus to Sky3DS of 2015. It's either deliver now or stay quiet until it's done.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Pretty much this. If they release an announcement apologizing for the delay or come up with some excuse, it will become the great Gateway exodus to Sky3DS of 2015. It's either deliver now or stay quiet until it's done.

Gateway vs Sky3ds 2015, if Gateway releases support for N3ds they win, if not then Sky3ds will claim the hearts of n3ds owners and GW will claim hearts of 3ds owners :P

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No,, today is the end of Chinese new year,
Gatewait current excuse to net release the update for N3DS is
the reseller run out of the carts,
because of the Chinese new year they can not ship the cards to reseller,,
so there no point for release

Er... This statement isn't an extrapolation from an email sent by a reseller ?..

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That doesn't exist until it exists. Haven't really brought anything to the table yet, so I'm going to ignore that they even exist until they release their cart. :)

It works for the GW too :D .

no, garyopa pulled it out of his balls last time his countdown was wrong, as an excuse to pacify the death threats and general hate.

Oh, ok, my bad, sorry.

Reactions: Margen67

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup im pretty sure most of us are waiting to see what they have to say and then probably getting a sky if they say soon or around the corner one more fucking time.

Not really and don't hold your breath about the news. I can already say what it'll be. Something like "We know lots of people are waiting for N3DS support but we don't want to rush themselves, as we only want to deliver quality updates. Be assured that we are working hard on it and that it'll be released soon" (so more or less the same news as the 9.x exploit).

Pretty sure they'll never give any release timeframe, as always. So personally, I prefer they don't make a news until they release the exploit (of course, if they release it one day).

I ordered my JP 3DS in early January. It arrived a couple days ago. Didn't think Gateway would be slower than italian post service lol
It sucks being on 8.1 :/ I cannot play anything on it but a couple original DS games I have.

When I first unpacked it I went straight to the settings and was like: please 9.0, please 9.0, please 9.0. Oh. F*ck it.

Why I'm writing this? I'm bored.

What? You know most of the games doesn't require 9.x to run? The only two ones that doesn't work might be Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4G but I'm not even sure about that. 8.1 is able to run all games released before Pokemon RO/SA (it can run Pokemon RO/SA, which require 7.x, and even Smash Bros, which require 8.1).

well,, at less thats whay sonyUSA and GAry said before is not me who make it up,,

Which doesn't mean it's not a stupid idea, though.

As he said, I'm pretty sure no one will buy a Gateway before the exploit is released. Some people already did the error once with the 9.x exploit, and some others did the error once with buying a New3DS far before (though the choice was limited as it was now or never), people won't do the same error twice (especially when they only showed a video like 3 months ago), knowing there is a risk they buy a product that might never work on their New3DS.

So it's pretty sure the "delayed" release is not because of that (it's not really a delay by the way, they never officially announced any timeframe (other peoples here can just try to create them, but as there are not part of the Gateway company, it's not official words so it doesn't count at all, some peoples here, myself included, always said to ONLY BELIEVE THE WEBSITE), they just say soon and we know that for them, soon can mean "6 months or even one year").

Tbh if people are that desperate to play a game on the N3DS just go buy one to hold you off... You pay more for a Sky then a game.

Taking in consideration the gateway might still take several months before being released and that a Sky3ds cost the price of two 3DS games (if we talk about brand new one), would be better to buy a Sky3DS, except if you only plan to play two games in 6 months, for example. Not to mention it might be easier to sell a Sky3DS than two regular 3DS games. For example, Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4G are near the same price as the Sky3DS (40 dollars each, and Sky3DS is 90 dollars).

Reactions: Margen67

Polarialis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's pretty sure the "delayed" release is not because of that (it's not really a delay by the way, they never officially announced any timeframe (other peoples here can just try to create them, but as there are not part of the Gateway company, it's not official words so it doesn't count at all, some peoples here, myself included, always said to ONLY BELIEVE THE WEBSITE), they just say soon and we know that for them, soon can mean "6 months or even one year").
Not necessarily; Gary is admin of maxconsole, which just so happens to be the official support forum for Gateway. His word is Gateway's word, as he only repeats what he's been told by them. Personally, I'm confident that we'll have something from either Gateway or SuperCard (DSTWO+) by the 28th - an announcement at the very least. If not then it's Sky3DS for a lot of us.

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily; Gary is admin of maxconsole, which just so happens to be the official support forum for Gateway. His word is Gateway's word, as he only repeats what he's been told by them. Personally, I'm confident that we'll have something from either Gateway or SuperCard (DSTWO+) by the 28th - an announcement at the very least. If not then it's Sky3DS for a lot of us.

This is pretty much how I feel in a nutshell now since I've been back on the 3DS scene for a month and still no official statements...or anything by gateway for that matter :|

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really and don't hold your breath about the news. I can already say what it'll be. Something like "We know lots of people are waiting for N3DS support but we don't want to rush themselves, as we only want to deliver quality updates. Be assured that we are working hard on it and that it'll be released soon" (so more or less the same news as the 9.x exploit).

Pretty sure they'll never give any release timeframe, as always. So personally, I prefer they don't make a news until they release the exploit (of course, if they release it one day).

What? You know most of the games doesn't require 9.x to run? The only two ones that doesn't work might be Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4G but I'm not even sure about that. 8.1 is able to run all games released before Pokemon RO/SA (it can run Pokemon RO/SA, which require 7.x, and even Smash Bros, which require 8.1).

Which doesn't mean it's not a stupid idea, though.

As he said, I'm pretty sure no one will buy a Gateway before the exploit is released. Some people already did the error once with the 9.x exploit, and some others did the error once with buying a New3DS far before (though the choice was limited as it was now or never), people won't do the same error twice (especially when they only showed a video like 3 months ago), knowing there is a risk they buy a product that might never work on their New3DS.

Taking in consideration the gateway might still take several months before being released and that a Sky3ds cost the price of two 3DS games (if we talk about brand new one), would be better to buy a Sky3DS, except if you only plan to play two games in 6 months, for example. Not to mention it might be easier to sell a Sky3DS than two regular 3DS games. For example, Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4G are near the same price as the Sky3DS (40 dollars each, and Sky3DS is 90 dollars).
Good luck finding out of region games in stores. All the games I have are European obviously.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
LOL
You guys are REALLY desperate... Aren't you?

Just hold on, for fuck's sake.
They will provide the update, just hold your shit together and don't behave like spoiled brats that want Christmas gifts in February.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM