Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Malala

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Meh, even though I have a gateway I wouldn't can't recommend it to anyone with a n3ds when its team lie about the release window.
Gary said there would be an update this week, but the problem is that unless it's to say the release is here right now it will end up being a date/countdown at best and we all know how ridiculous that would be coming from gateway.

Reactions: Thomas12345

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Meh, even though I have a gateway I wouldn't can't recommend it to anyone with a n3ds when its team lie about the release window.
Gary said there would be an update this week, but the problem is that unless it's to say the release is here right now it will end up being a date/countdown at best and we all know how ridiculous that would be coming from gateway.
Actually, look at the bot reply. They mentioned that they'll finalize the "release date", and not the "update". Hopefully this isn't the case....

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesnt drop by Sunday the 18th, it wont be for a long while. Atleast thats my assumption.

The software itself is probably done already. They're probably just locking it down so it wont get cloned (which it will in time, i dont see the point in even trying to do this)

Reactions: ddo and Thomas12345

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
It would seem really silly for Gateway to wait for US Release of N3DS just to confirm their firmware.
Wouldn't it be best to fix whatever is needed for current N3DS User first, and if anything is changed in the US/Europe Ones to fix those after.

Unfortunately, I was like many that imported an Australia N3DS XL when I first saw the video of 9.x firmware compatibility.
I ended up buying smash bros.. and playing offline and unlocking everything..

I gave in, because I couldn't wait and playing face raiders and AR games was not helping kill time..

I hope they release it this weekend..

I absolutely love Face Raiders, a very underrated game imo. Got two puss cats on mine lol, one of which - Mr Rufus Roughpaws - is sadly no longer with us. I miss my big old Ginger Nut. :cry:

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesnt drop by Sunday the 18th, it wont be for a long while. Atleast thats my assumption.

The software itself is probably done already. They're probably just locking it down so it wont get cloned (which it will in time, i dont see the point in even trying to do this)

Nah last I heard they were having trouble with mii exploit that's why they didn't release it. I think it will be awhile. At least a month.

Reactions: Thomas12345

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Source? Hate this useless retelling of unsourced info

There you go

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: Swizard

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Browser exploit won't work on N3DS 8.1.0-0 (launch JPN fw) but GW told gary they'd support 8.1 so they must have other tricks up their sleeves.
(this version doesn't have the browser app preinstalled at all!)

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, my assumption is they are waiting for a game with 9.0~9.2 update, so users with 8.x can update theirs.

from some different things ive read over on maxconsole. cart updates dont update the web browser. thats why ppl who have only updated their consoles via carts only are unable to use the gateway go exploit.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
from some different things ive read over on maxconsole. cart updates dont update the web browser. thats why ppl who have only updated their consoles via carts only are unable to use the gateway go exploit.

I don't know about that, but from Maxconsole:
Code:
Launch consoles that have never been online cannot access the Web Browser. Use a game cart with 8.1 to update your system and this should be resolved
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

Hopefully a gamecart update will fix this.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about that, but from Maxconsole:
Code:
Launch consoles that have never been online cannot access the Web Browser. Use a game cart with 8.1 to update your system and this should be resolved
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

Hopefully a gamecart update will fix this.

iirc lemanuel made a post about it somewhere.. im still trying to find it though

EDIT: ok so it says hes not sure but from what some user have reported it seems like cart updates do not update the browser

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide?p=1732014#post1732014

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i check every day for a JPN game with 9.0.0-20J (October 6, 2014), 9.1.0-20J (October 11, 2014) or 9.2.0-20J (October 29, 2014) but no dice so far..
Does anyone know how long it takes for a given update ver. to show up in games due to manufacturing process?
ie: would these show up in games released in october, november? december?

Knowing that 9.3.0-21J was released December 8th..

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
yea i check every day for a JPN game with 9.0.0-20J (October 6, 2014), 9.1.0-20J (October 11, 2014), 2014) or 9.2.0-20J (October 29, 2014) but no dice so far..
Does anyone know how long it takes for a given update ver. to show up in games due to manufacturing process?
ie: would these show up in games released in october, november? december?

Knowing that 9.3.0-21J was released December 8th..
I have only one thing to say to that:
Soon(TM)

Reactions: viral777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs