Zombie thread, RAAAGH

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that one as well, still no love. Thanks for the suggestion.

I checked BB again and they have the black on in store, just not the red so I ordered it. If GameStop won't fix me up at 10 will just drive across the street and pick up the black one at BB. (And test it before I leave of course)

Now I need a few hours sleep. Vodka time!
Thorasgar: it's not you it's the 3ds. I have a Japanese n3ds (which I'm selling because I mistakenly thought I could use regionthree with sky3ds on a n3ds) which is PERFECT and an Australian N3DS from play-Asia that has the same problem you're having. Pain in the ass and it isn't acceptable. Unfortunately play Asia says I have to take it up with Nintendo of Australia. Great. Anyway it's IDENTICAL to the problem you're describing I can test with both n3ds units in the same place amd time and always have zero problem with the Japan unit.

That being said, the Japan one is MARKEDLY dimmer and colors less vibrant. Both on max brightness no auto bright, no power save. Also the difference in brightness between level 4 and 5 on the Japanese model is ASTOUNDING ! 4 is really dim. 5 jumps to pretty bright. Aussie model steps evenly between each level and color is very rich. But super stabl 3d is pretty much broken. Flickers, randomly doesn't see my face. Pops in and out for no reason on the demo screen where u see the cut out of your torso and head.

[edit] I have to take it up with Nintendo Australia, but I am a USA resident... That's why it sucks. Not even sure I have any chance of help from Australian Nintendo [/edit]

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone think that the fact some launch units are coming with 9.4 in the US is gonna cause GW delays?

Nah, I don't think so. These consoles are the exception, not the rule. The only ones that have been reported with 9.4 are the red ones in Canada (ain't that supposed to be y'all's color anyway?! :P).

Zerosix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, why? As in GW can't get there hands on a 9.0 or 9.2 version or something?
Yeah, like launch US units having very limited 9.0 and 9.2s might cause problems if GW can't get a hold of those units for testing purposes. Who knows how many they brick when testing. ><

Time will tell, maybe we will see 9.4-9.5 fw exploits sooner in that case, or maybe we will never see em... I was just wondering other peoples thoughts.

Also there is a US user that has posted a pic with 9.4 as well. :(

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like launch US units having very limited 9.0 and 9.2s might cause problems if GW can't get a hold of those units for testing purposes. Who knows how many they brick when testing. ><

Time will tell, maybe we will see 9.4-9.5 fw exploits sooner in that case, or maybe we will never see em... I was just wondering other peoples thoughts.

The vast majority of launch units seem to be 9.0. It is looking like only recently manufactured ones with serials in the QW40XX range and above are showing up with 9.4.

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thorasgar: it's not you it's the 3ds. I have a Japanese n3ds (which I'm selling because I mistakenly thought I could use regionthree with sky3ds on a n3ds) which is PERFECT and an Australian N3DS from play-Asia that has the same problem you're having. Pain in the ass and it isn't acceptable. Unfortunately play Asia says I have to take it up with Nintendo of Australia. Great. Anyway it's IDENTICAL to the problem you're describing I can test with both n3ds units in the same place amd time and always have zero problem with the Japan unit.

That being said, the Japan one is MARKEDLY dimmer and colors less vibrant. Both on max brightness no auto bright, no power save. Also the difference in brightness between level 4 and 5 on the Japanese model is ASTOUNDING ! 4 is really dim. 5 jumps to pretty bright. Aussie model steps evenly between each level and color is very rich. But super stabl 3d is pretty much broken. Flickers, randomly doesn't see my face. Pops in and out for no reason on the demo screen where u see the cut out of your torso and head.

[edit] I have to take it up with Nintendo Australia, but I am a USA resident... That's why it sucks. Not even sure I have any chance of help from Australian Nintendo [/edit]
Have you looked around the internet to see if people had similar experiences ?

Zerosix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vast majority of launch units seem to be 9.0. It is looking like only recently manufactured ones with serials in the QW40XX range and above are showing up with 9.4.

There have been 2 Serials with QW4026 and QW4028 (both red ones so far) that have 9.4 installed on them. Highest posted non 9.4 serial is QW4025, Mine is a QW4000 and is 9.0. Got it today.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone think that the fact some launch units are coming with 9.4 in the US is gonna cause GW delays?

Yes i think it will. GW has shown that it won't release something unless it works perfectly for everybody. So if even a single person has 9.4 n3ds, GW will not release anything unless it also works for 9.4

Reactions: Nightwish

klincheR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tehurn.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes i think it will. GW has shown that it won't release something unless it works perfectly for everybody. So if even a single person has 9.4 n3ds, GW will not release anything unless it also works for 9.4

i dont think they wait for finding a 9.4 exploit they will just release it for 8.1 - 9.2 ( firmware range for n3ds) ( i hope)

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't there a slim chance that they have an exploit for 9.5 that is similar to an exploit yellows8 found?

I'd love that, because then it'd mean no emunand problems with the new 3ds too since they'd already have the new fw broken in half x_x
But that's probably just being a little too hopeful.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Is it really 100% coming out at the end of the 48 hours? Or does it mean within that?

we're not used to early surprises with the gateway team so it's after.that's if they keep to their word which is another thing we're not used to from the gateway team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.