Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
WOW,it's offline for 30 sec...

Ah ok

Also, news just in, most of yo have probably heard this already but this is quoted from WiiUHax:

"Its currently unknown exactly how Nintendo is detecting end users of these flashcarts, but some people are suspecting its only affecting people who are choosing to use Public Headers (which act almost like a CD-Key on a PC game) which are supposed to be unique to each individual copy of a game and that Nintendo is banning people who are caught using the same “key” or header at the same time. Or perhaps that they’re using one that Nintendo is aware is out there for anyone to grab.
Of course this method of detection is solely based on speculation so take it with a grain of salt, until someone well known in the 3DS scene has a chance to fully analyze what’s going on here. My advice to users of these and any other flashcarts for the 3DS, don’t play any backups online. Use your flashcart for offline gaming only and it might be a good idea to turn off wifi capabilities on your 3DS when doing so if you’re super paranoid :P)."

Ok, this is interesting, i'm sure using your own public headers from cartridges you bought yourself is still safe right?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think at that time most of people will go for a Sky3ds.

Edit: Their strategy of N3ds really sucks, and I'm sure their will pay the price for what they did.
I think It has been time to buy a QQ3DS card since Feb started. But I guess we just know how to look forward to the next day and give GW a second chance.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok

Ok, this is interesting, i'm sure using your own public headers from cartridges you bought yourself is still safe right?

If it is your own private dump from a cart you bought new and have not shared it is a private header not public. Probably safer but we still are not 100% sure how Nintendo is going about this. Bottom line: online with a flash card is not "safe".
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. :)

i think people assumed that it was the function to write a NAND file to sysNAND chip when the guide was released...
I still think it's TWL support
Most people have no idea what you are talking about when you call it TWL support. It is just not commonly referred to as that by the masses. If that is your intent, never mind. :)

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
gamesquest1 does these

there were some attempts, don't know the outcome
but we do know the N3DS NAND is 4GB
The Nintendo 3DS has a 1GB NAND Flash chip. Due to the NCSD header, the actual used size of the Old3DS NAND is 0x3AF00000-bytes(943MiB). On New3DS, the actual NAND size and the total size used by the partitions, is 0x4D800000-bytes(1240MiB).

Source: 3DBrew.org
I don't know who started the 4 gb nand rumor, but it is not true. :)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok

Also, news just in, most of yo have probably heard this already but this is quoted from WiiUHax:

"Its currently unknown exactly how Nintendo is detecting end users of these flashcarts, but some people are suspecting its only affecting people who are choosing to use Public Headers (which act almost like a CD-Key on a PC game) which are supposed to be unique to each individual copy of a game and that Nintendo is banning people who are caught using the same “key” or header at the same time. Or perhaps that they’re using one that Nintendo is aware is out there for anyone to grab.
Of course this method of detection is solely based on speculation so take it with a grain of salt, until someone well known in the 3DS scene has a chance to fully analyze what’s going on here. My advice to users of these and any other flashcarts for the 3DS, don’t play any backups online. Use your flashcart for offline gaming only and it might be a good idea to turn off wifi capabilities on your 3DS when doing so if you’re super paranoid :P)."

I think you mean "using your own private headers from cartridges you bought yourself"

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source: 3DBrew.org
I don't know who started the 4 gb nand rumor, but it is not true. :)
On top of that what fracking difference does it make how big the Nand is? If you are doing this kind of stuff you are going to have problems if you only have a 4GB card.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
On top of that what fracking difference does it make how big the Nand is? If you are doing this kind of stuff you are going to have problems if you only have a 4GB card.
actually, if the NAND was of that size, you wouldn't need an SD card to have emuNAND
granted you'd need to load the launcher.dat from somewhere...

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah ok

Oh shit, the "am I banned thread" is leaking into other forum posts.

As a side-note: Black text, don't use it. We have a dark skin on this forum that people use.

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With regards to all that online header/banning fiasco, I'll say it again: .cia master race. :P Learn the format. Love the format. Leave the worries.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now, with many a near,
Gateway will face.....the final curtain..
Sky3ds....one on one,
will win the match, of that im certain

Yes, there were times
Gateway had fun
Before Sky3ds became
THE GREAT ONE!

But all that is deep is in the past
and now Gateway and kiss Sky3ds' ASS!!!:lol:

Reactions: 2Hack

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And now, with many a near,
Gateway will face.....the final curtain..
Sky3ds....one on one,
will win the match, of that im certain

Yes, there were times
Gateway had fun
Before Sky3ds became
THE GREAT ONE!

But all that is deep is in the past
and now Gateway and kiss Sky3ds' ASS!!!:lol:

I think youre lost ;)

196gyrvm7h3txjpg.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum