Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I would be happy with just a response from them acknowledging that emunand will be supported on n3ds
It'll most probably be.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut,

the question is:

when-2-at-10-55-30-pm.jpg

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
You're still assuming that people can actually read :P

Well they wouldn't be responsible for users' faults. Come onnnnnnnnn. Who cares if some idiot bricks his console. There was one guy on this forum who bricked his console downgrading with a different backup. They said it was only for people who have a nand backup and should proceed with caution. People did it anyway. Gateway don't care. It's not a valid reason!! :D

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they wouldn't be responsible for users' faults. Come onnnnnnnnn. Who cares if some idiot bricks his console. There was one guy on this forum who bricked his console downgrading with a different backup. They said it was only for people who have a nand backup and should proceed with caution. People did it anyway. Gateway don't care. It's not a valid reason!! :D

OK, what about logistics, then? Getting tons of resellers to update their product specs for a particular item multiple times in a reasonable amount of time less than a month apart? Some sites could have varying product info in the gaps inbetween and deter customers.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, what about logistics, then? Getting tons of resellers to update their product specs for a particular item multiple times in a reasonable amount of time less than a month apart? Some sites could have varying product info in the gaps inbetween and deter customers.

Now that's a valid reason. Although we have seen some resellers update their product specs for GW even before they released the update :D Still. It's a valid reason but, but, but ... Many buts... I wish they wouldn't keep us in the dark though. By the way good job avoiding answering my first question. Don't think that I didn't notice that :P

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that's a valid reason. Although we have seen some resellers update their product specs for GW even before they released the update :D Still. It's a valid reason but, but, but ... Many buts... I wish they wouldn't keep us in the dark though. By the way good job avoiding answering my first question. Don't think that I didn't notice that :P

I must have interpreted it as rhetorical, what was it again? :P

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I must have interpreted it as rhetorical, what was it again? :P

People want to know (seeing as you and Gary are the only people revealed as 'in the loop') how stable the beta exploit you tested was and was it definitely a N3DS you used it on. Any time you pop up you're going to be bombarded with questions until Gateway gives us some ;)

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I think GW just want to make sure that the US and EU release (not including the early EU Ambassador N3DS) is not updated to 9.3 or higher, as we know that JP was released with 8.1 on October and AUS with 9.0. As there is a few months gap between them now and we have 9.4 currently, they don't want unexpected surprise from customers emailing them no support for their new unused N3DS/N3DS XL consoles :P Hence they would prefer waiting and patching them all in one go.
EDIT:
Slightly offtopic: Is there a patch for smea's regionfree for N3DS by someone so far?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to SonyUSA. Is the exploit a one time thing where you can access the multi rom menu/homebrew/cia after that even after a reboot. Does it require emunand? Thanks

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just assumptions.

It was running on an N3DS, but I never got the beta test from Gateway directly... so... :P and it was messing up games where you could have a mii character in them, however they may use a different method entirely so, who knows?

Reactions: kheldar

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Messing up games" like how?
As in not playable or as in not able to use mii features in game?
Did you test Mario kart? Was it at all playable?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I noticed this like a month ago. Back then, i was ridiculed, insulted, and harassed non stop because of my anti-GW ways. Even the mods, who were supposed to be neutral in the GW vs sky3ds war, banished me from the GW thread. I'm glad to see that the righteous side is finally gaining more support. Death to GW!!!

Hey there Thomas12345!! If you've got a problem with how we run our site or when we feel the need to restrict someone's access to a thread because they'd been causing a lot of trouble in it, feel free to take it up with us via Private Message in the future rather than trying to stir up more shit by whining about it out in the open forum.

Let me make my obligatory references to the GBAtemp.net Terms and Rules about this exact scenario and I'll be on my way...

General Forum Decency

[...]
If you have an issue with a member or moderation decision contact the member in question or a staff member via PM. DO NOT air your grievances publicly in the original topic or otherwise.
[...]

Warnings, Suspensions & Bans

GBAtemp v2 introduced IPB 2.0; including a member Warning system. Every time a member violates a rule or disrupts the forum, a warning will be applied by a member of staff. Depending on the severity of the violation of rules, the member will be dealt with accordingly:

[...]
All actions are decided by staff only and once made are not open to public debate.

Oh and by the way, who said we were supposed to be neutral on Gateway 3DS vs Sky3DS? Because that's a load of crap if I've ever heard one, we're people just like you with opinions and preferences one way or the other. We're not getting paid by one or the other or both to allow these discussions here, we tend to stay out of them though because of how touchy some of you people get about their pieces of plastic. What we don't stand for though is going into a thread about something, intentionally shitting all over it and saying how much the competition is better or vice versa. So stop it.

DevilHands

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets be realistic people, SonyUsa isnt just going to give the file, so I think its best to stop bugging her about it.

As of this point, I am just happy that she's replying and confirming it still exist as I was starting to doubt it because of their silence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess