jesuschristmonke

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the original Alone in the Dark for PC, resident Evil for PS1 and Zombies Ate My Neighbors (snes) were cool, but the industry has beat this genre to death just like they did with WWII shooters.

Pick up a game mag and I'll bet every month 20% or more of the games are zombie-related. They think by making Zombies in The City or Dead Rising Bling Edition they are keeping it fresh, but instead they are wearing it out. What if they go to werewolves next or vampires or American Soccer Moms? That would be interesting for like 20 minutes.

I'm to the point where I won't even play a game where zombies are the main enemy because I'm tired of it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
zumbies make wonderful pets
smile.gif

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
Too many games with the same stuff will get boring eventually
Find one with good replay value and stick with it? Now that I've mentioned it, not many of the zombie games have much replay value... so I guess you have to move on to another one eventually until you've gotten sick of it. Hmm...

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Zombie games like WW2 games are what most users buy.

So they horde it.

..like those shitty 'comedy' films like Epic Movie.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
A lot of zombie games these days don't really take the survival element of it all, it's usually LOL ONE GUY AGAINST UNDEAD ARMY.

I wouldn't mind seeing a realistic zombie game, one where survivors would have to stick together in a shelter that could get attacked at any moment by any number of zombies, one where you would be constantly attempting to survive. A lot of the time these days it's just "Get Gun, Use Gun, Win Game", and a lot of the zombie games don't usually have hordes, just a few scattered zombies. A lot of them give you a shitload of ammo, too.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
A lot of zombie games these days don't really take the survival element of it all, it's usually LOL ONE GUY AGAINST UNDEAD ARMY.

I wouldn't mind seeing a realistic zombie game, one where survivors would have to stick together in a shelter that could get attacked at any moment by any number of zombies, one where you would be constantly attempting to survive. A lot of the time these days it's just "Get Gun, Use Gun, Win Game", and a lot of the zombie games don't usually have hordes, just a few scattered zombies. A lot of them give you a shitload of ammo, too.
Left 4 Dead anyone?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
pikadude1006 said:
Law said:

Left 4 Dead anyone?

I know about Left 4 Dead, but I'm pretty sure it isn't out yet.

And even so, Left 4 Dead is only one out of loads.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll find that a lot of games with one certain theme will suck. Same can be said about films, music & so on.

Can I just add that the "They Hunger" mod for Half Life ruled and that Left 4 Dead sounds like its gonna get it just right.

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like capcom zombie games (Resi and Dead rising) and im not to bothered about the other games.

Personally,I didn't notice there was that many zombie games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-