ROM Hack Zoids Fuzors patch

SephiVA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered after googling a patch for this game. So pretty much, this thread is the reason I now have an account here lol

I have a request: until you can do whatever it is you decide to do in the end...can you provide a link to the patch that has the poorly done Google Translate version of the game? I don't speak Japanese at all, so at least poor English is better than having no idea what is going on in this game anytime I read the dialogue. I'd greatly appreciate it!

edit: if you want to wait until after Christmas, I can wait till then too.

Ryusen

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So, the zoids fuzor eng parch has done already or not, coz I cant read japan word but I love Zoids very much and i want try to play this game and know its story...hope this patch has finish completely already. Thks

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Anyone still interested in Zoids Fuzors? If so here is a patch for a fair amount of stuff. I translated as best as I could the :

Menu
Zoids names
Weapons
Bounty
Some of the battle text

I still want to complete(soon):

Pilots names
Start menu
Main menu
Deck commands
Growth type
Battle text

Any feedback is welcome and enjoy.
Is this project dead?

nickneo

Trophies
XP
Country
It almost 5 years since this project start and i guess its dead. But I still hoping someone pick it up and continue this..

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would love to see a full english version of this game, Japan needs to learn to ship out the good games instead of hogging them all.
you got it wrong, is not the japan that don't send, is USA/Europe people thta don't want to translate it :P

It almost 5 years since this project start and i guess its dead. But I still hoping someone pick it up and continue this..
he at least let the tools available ? you could learn how to do if you wnat to complete , some stuff we can't just wait someone do for us :x

blueboy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the comment, but based on the zoids post for the first saga game... any luck on your fuzors translation? or do you need like beta testers or something?

gared531

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask and you shall receive. Lets call this Version 2. 99% of the game is translated at the very least all of the story text. There are some rough spots where the screen doesn't clear properly or the test is slightly too long but I haven't found a way to fix them (yet ???). There are mostly just error and warning messages the need to be translated.

Feedback is always welcome. And enjoy.

Attachments

• Zoids Saga Fuzors (ENG)_20210831.zip
    111.9 KB · Views: 378

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ask and you shall receive. Lets call this Version 2. 99% of the game is translated at the very least all of the story text.
What a nice surprise.
Thank you so much.
:bow:
We had considered this project dead and buried for a long time now, but here comes out of nowhere an english patch 99% complete (if it reflects reality).
You waited for a user to request it, to release this patch; how come? :unsure:

Note: I just did a quick test and notice that you didn't include many apostrophes (I have shown an example in the photo); is this an oversight or do you want to leave it that way?
Also, the texts during battles are not translated.
IMG_20210901_102819.jpg

Last edited by Nikokaro,

gared531

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikokaro I didn't really wait until someone asked, I was going to post it this coming weekend. Just good timing on Blueboy92's part and Amy_7007 peaking my interest on Zoids Saga I. I just happened to finish the last of the error and warning messages I could test / find ( if I couldn't test it I didn't translate it ). As for punctuation, yes there is a lot of it missing. This translation uses no pointer modification (because I couldn't figure it out) so certain concessions ( mostly deleting punctuation and as little script modification as possible ) were made to fit in all of the text. Deleting an apostrophe or a period could buy some valuable space.

That screenshot also shows the text overrun ( the clipped vertical lines on either side of the text box ). Granted it's not bad there, but after some ( like 6 ) of the Challenges it looks really really ugly. I mean like 28 car pileup ugly. Luckily there are only 3 or 4 places in the story that look bad.

Reactions: swosho and Nikokaro

Amy_Symilton_Gamequeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nikokaro I didn't really wait until someone asked, I was going to post it this coming weekend. Just good timing on Blueboy92's part and Amy_7007 peaking my interest on Zoids Saga I. I just happened to finish the last of the error and warning messages I could test / find ( if I couldn't test it I didn't translate it ). As for punctuation, yes there is a lot of it missing. This translation uses no pointer modification (because I couldn't figure it out) so certain concessions ( mostly deleting punctuation and as little script modification as possible ) were made to fit in all of the text. Deleting an apostrophe or a period could buy some valuable space.

That screenshot also shows the text overrun ( the clipped vertical lines on either side of the text box ). Granted it's not bad there, but after some ( like 6 ) of the Challenges it looks really really ugly. I mean like 28 car pileup ugly. Luckily there are only 3 or 4 places in the story that look bad.

Heyo, I just came back. Sorry if I couldn't continue translating the Zoids Saga much due to busy and tight deadline task but I never thought that my effort of trying to translate Zoids Saga even if it was only typed in notepad but....I'm glad that I peaked your interest in continuing the translation for Zoids Fuzor again. Until my tasks finished, I couldn't help much in the project I was involved with. As soon as I'm finished, I could finally continue translating Zoids Saga from my notepad again. Until then, I will see you again soon and hope to get finished quickly.

Note: The only thing I could do right now was checking the grammatical error for you @gared531. May I check the translation text from notepad to see the grammatical error or mistake? I could try checking it in my spare time between homeworks

Last edited by Amy_Symilton_Gamequeen,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hola se que paso mucho tiempo de este proyecto péro se termino ?
If you had tried to read further above you would know that the translation is 99% complete, with only syntactical and punctuation issues. Also, next time you have to write in english like everyone else.
:teach:

hannahadorno79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, gared! I just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for translating practically the entire game :) I've waited so long for this. Ever since I completed Zoids Legacy many, many years ago, I've always wanted to play Zoids Fuzors. But there never was an English patch. I scoured the internet for it to no avail. Then I stumbled upon this thread when it still had the first version of the patch. Unfortunately, the story still wasn't translated, so I didn't end up playing it. But I was hopeful that the translation of the rest of the game would eventually be done. Several years have passed and it finally became a reality! You couldn't believe how ecstatic I was when I checked this thread again. It was at 3 in the morning, and I just so happened to think about Zoids. So I took a chance in trying to search for an English translation of Zoids Fuzors again and this time, to my surprise, it finally appeared. You made it happen, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. I immediately downloaded the game, and I was able to finish it in 2 days. However, there are still many things to do in the game, so I'll still be playing it much more :gba::gba::gba:

Once again, thank you, gared for making it happen! That's one check off my bucket list! :yay:

Reactions: anonymous48

JJnarto6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so so so so sooooooooo much. The zoids saga games are so good and im beyond excited to experience the story. Here's hoping the DS project goes just has well.
Ask and you shall receive. Lets call this Version 2. 99% of the game is translated at the very least all of the story text. There are some rough spots where the screen doesn't clear properly or the test is slightly too long but I haven't found a way to fix them (yet ???). There are mostly just error and warning messages the need to be translated.

edgarsc19

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

i have been a lurker on this website since 2016 but never make an account. but now, i made this one just to thank you. You make someone's life better.

Shankyou2620

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am getting "unrecognized GBA file" whenever I go to play the game. Any ideas as to why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.