Zelda The Wind Waker on softmod Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Indifferenza, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009
  1. Indifferenza
    OP

Newcomer Indifferenza Member

Italy
    Yeah, I know it's not the first post about it, but I'll use this as a big thank to Wiigator.
    First of all, Like I already said, big thank to him for allow me to play my favourite game of all time.
    Second: I have installed the latest version of his GC backup launcher, I patched the mios via the mios patcher and wifi, and now I'm here about to run The Wind Waker.
    I ask you an advice: Should I run the game by pressing b (patched mios) or else?
    And again: I read the compatibility list and found that TWW suffers a problem loading the dungeons maps. Is there a way to resolve this?
    Sorry but I found the description in the list a little confusing, I'm not a dragon in english language.
    Thanks in advance for all who wants to help this guy.
    See ya.

2. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    When loading press A. The B option is only really used for games that have multiple discs (Like Resident Evil).

To fix the issues with dungeon maps, its pretty much impossible right now unless Wiigator fixes it specifically (Which probably won't happen soon) Just try not to use the dungeon maps.

3. Indifferenza
    OP

Newcomer Indifferenza Member

Italy
    Thanks Golfman. [​IMG]
    So I won't use the dungeon map...K.
    I guess the issue is just when I want to open it, in the pause menu the map is ok right?
    BTW, I'm gonna try it this evening so I can understand better.
    Thanks again.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I see posted on the GC launcher Xi that the problem was not solved yet, and for launching I always use Y wich is NTSC, I have never used B..!! [​IMG]

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Pause menu as in the sea map right? I've never actually palyed Wind Waker, just watched my brother play (I don't think its that great of a game). The sea map works fine.

6. caporale214

Newcomer caporale214 Member

United States
    Id recomend windwaker if your a zelda fan. The only thing i can really complain about is how short the game is.(sorry i have a bad habit of defending this game)

7. Untouchable757

Newcomer Untouchable757 Advanced Member

United States
    sea map works just not the dungeon map

8. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wind Waker is great, except for the disproportionately large amount time you're forced to spend sailing around the sea in the last 3rd or so of the game, which gets very monotonous. Other than that though, it's excellent.