Gaming Zelda SS turned my Wii into a Kindle!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
...What? There wasn't even that much reading you actually needed to do. If you don't like reading so much, quit talking to everyone you don't need to. I'm about halfway or 2/3 my way into the game and I think it needs so much more dialogue. Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

Vicious23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...What? There wasn't even that much reading you actually needed to do. If you don't like reading so much, quit talking to everyone you don't need to. I'm about halfway or 2/3 my way into the game and I think it needs so much more dialogue. Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

I believe there's enough dialogue.
You can get through the game by just reading whatever text is in red

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Thats one thing I hate about starting games is the huge amount of reading that it involves to understand the whole story. I found it reasonable with xenoblade that after only 15 minutes I got into the gameplay, but if what other people are reporting is true that it takes about 2 hours of bullshit before getting to play SS then I don't even dare try to start this game. I didn't even like starting paper mario because of the BS. I prefer games like the original Super Mario Bros. where you don't have to read a damn thing to play the game, but that does not happen anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cut scenes in oot were really annoying. too long, but that seems to be a zelda tradition.

btw i love SS, it is so much fun. what i'm loving even more...using emulated nands for saving games, bye bye space limitations of the wii for saves! just got into wiiflow and usbloader gx, they have progressed very nicely compared to cfg. i was a huge supporter of cfg but now i'm moving on!

sorry to derail.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish you could speed the txt up a bit. I find its to slow I read rather fast so I find myself waiting and wishing I could just push a or something to make it all show up at once. Its really annoying with the vendors when you just wanna repair your shield or buy a potion quick and get the f out. Especially since you probably read that same dialogue like 100 times already.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been on all other zeldas. Kinda like ff but after a while they started to cut sence. I have no clue why nintendo hasnt started doing it n there games. I guess because then they would.have to give a voice to every body. Just think mario or link talking lol. That would sound funny but many atless hace the other non main ppl talk.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
all rpg have dialog get over it. and yes zelda is a rpg IN my book.

what defines a rpg to me:

1. health/hp bar : check
2. currency in game: check
3. shop system: check
4. story and dialog: check
5. usable items: check

whether you believe it or not ss is an rpg :creep:

Reactions: 1 person

freakzilla5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or does it seem like you do more reading when playing Zelda SS vs. actually PLAYING? I mean mother f*ck it's regoddamndiculous how much reading you do in this game. Since there doesn't appear to be a way to skip these long winded, boring speeches from people (other than holding 'A' and speeding up the txt) you're forced to sit there and watch their dumb conversations. I think I've spent 60 minutes playing and 60 minutes reading dialogue. I'm down on the surface and in the process of rescuing these little Kiwi things but can't stand all the f*cking reading and think I'm just gonna stop playing. Would have loved to played it because it's the first Zelda game that sparked my interest since the original Legend of Zelda on the NES but man, I just can't take the non-stop reading.

It's not that bad. They throw a lot of text at you in the beginning but as you progress it decreases greatly.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So...are you guys saying that Link isn't a mute in this game?
No, he is. At least to the player. As I recall, occasionally he appears to say things to the NPCs without you hearing, and you infer what he said from their replies. And occasionally you're given a choice on how to answer questions.

I don't think he's ever been a mute in canon, but he still doesn't talk.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i read some comments here and I guess i wasn't the only one. I pointed out in another thread that the text is slow in skyward sword. Pressing A speeds it up but ITS STILL SLOW! it's like they are doing it to extend the time -_-.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, since I play Zelda mainly for the story, I like how it is.

However, I do agree with the statement above by phatastic. The text is slow when you want to speed it up, and that can get annoying (like when you run to the scrap guy for the 100th time).

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is kinda annoying that you cannot skip it and it's obvious they did it on purpose since it was possible with every other Zelda.
Also when you fall of Skyloft it takes ages to sit out the warning and a century has passed when the guy on the bird finally leaves.

jaynecobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have to agree with the topic creator.

too much jibba-jabba not enough stabby stabby.

this may be why i haven't finished a zelda game since link to the past.

i am getting way too old to waste my life away reading meandering dialogue. get to the gorramn point!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it just me or does it seem like you do more reading when playing Zelda SS vs. actually PLAYING? I mean mother f*ck it's regoddamndiculous how much reading you do in this game. Since there doesn't appear to be a way to skip these long winded, boring speeches from people (other than holding 'A' and speeding up the txt) you're forced to sit there and watch their dumb conversations. I think I've spent 60 minutes playing and 60 minutes reading dialogue. I'm down on the surface and in the process of rescuing these little Kiwi things but can't stand all the f*cking reading and think I'm just gonna stop playing. Would have loved to played it because it's the first Zelda game that sparked my interest since the original Legend of Zelda on the NES but man, I just can't take the non-stop reading.

I disagree.

I found this title lto have less "useless" dialog than other zelda game to be honest, apart from a link to the past wich is still my all time favourite.
A lot of the dialog in SS is optional acctually.

It is kinda annoying that you cannot skip it and it's obvious they did it on purpose since it was possible with every other Zelda.
Also when you fall of Skyloft it takes ages to sit out the warning and a century has passed when the guy on the bird finally leaves.

This anoyed me too...a good reminder not to fall off!

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Well, since I play Zelda mainly for the story, I like how it is.

However, I do agree with the statement above by phatastic. The text is slow when you want to speed it up, and that can get annoying (like when you run to the scrap guy for the 100th time).
I'm more of a male person, so I like to play Link in the main story. Oh and I also agree about the sluggish text. Why don't they just present the whole text block directly if you press some button like C or something like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    run dmc and ice t for me
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i do have the marshal mathers record tho, it's good stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its...