Hacking Zelda PH savegame issues

LostyJai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else losing their savegame after playing another game?
I was playing zelda for 2-3 days, then I decided to play something else
I switch back to zelda and my savegame was gone...anyone else?

LostyJai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yep ds-x, USA version
I'm not sure about Nintendo DS Browser

But I changed mine to chibi-robo, then back to Zelda and it was gone...
1.1.2 fw?

bragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep ds-x, USA version
I'm not sure about Nintendo DS Browser

But I changed mine to chibi-robo, then back to Zelda and it was gone...
1.1.2 fw?

I had the same problem. I do not remember what other game I played. But when I came back to Zelda, there were two empty slots. I lost my progress. DS-X saves seem really unreliable, whatever you do.

LostyJai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well somehow mine works after I changed the filename from "The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass" to "Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass".

Weird...

vanbunk

Trophies
XP
Country
same thing happened to me
frown.gif

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry to hear about you guys having this problem. I am pretty far into the game and haven't tried playing anything else on my DS-X since I started playing earlier in the week. I don't know why I decided to put it on my DS-X instead of my R4.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try the ARM7 fix. Just TRY it.

I'm perfectly aware that it mainly fixes the start-up problems. The ARM7.bin file has something to do with the saves. So... Just try patching Zelda with it.

~Nero

tropakeroro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the solution ist only play zelda? and no play another game?

the save will erased if i play another game?

sorry for my bad english im from spain.

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem this weekend and just happened to see this post on the main page. I didn't know it was an issue that others were having. The thing is, it seems to happen ONLY when one of the other games you play also have the arm7 fix applied. My brothers both have a savegame on the ds-x (I have the actual cart), and everything was working well. I put Worms Open Warefare 2 on the ds-x, my brother played it, then when he opened zelda next it erased the save. By converting the save file to a supercard uncompressed save I managed to get it to say that file 2's data was corrupted, but file 1 was ok. I never could restore file 2.

So for all with the problem, has it also happened after playing another arm7 fixed game?

TheSandman

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem, I thought that it was because I switched DS's (my GF has a fat, I've got a thin and we share the card!).

Took the DS-X from Fat, to thin and it had created 2 new BLANK gamesaves... I'm guessing the old gamesaves are lost.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

Booo.... Got about 2/3 of the way though I think too. Grrr... Can I be bothered to trapse through it all again. Not sure, might just play scrabble till Ninja Gaiden DS released!!!!
nds.gif

TheJuice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same exact problem, playing Zelda US, switching to play Mario & Luigi, and when I got back to Zelda I lost my saved game...

So the problem does not come from using a patched game, but I think more it's a DS-X only problem.
My firmware is the 1.1.2 I think. Well it's the latest one...

I can try doing the process another time with an older firmware, but I am afraid that downgrading the firmware voids the warranty of the DS-X ???
And how can I do the downgrade ? The DS-X team surely does not support this kind of feature.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same exact problem, playing Zelda US, switching to play Mario & Luigi, and when I got back to Zelda I lost my saved game...

So the problem does not come from using a patched game, but I think more it's a DS-X only problem.

I can try doing the process another time with an older firmware, but I am afraid that downgrading the firmware voids the warranty of the DS-X ???
And how can I do the downgrade ? The DS-X team surely does not support this kind of feature.

This is an old workaround I've been suggesting since Pokemon Ranger release. Not sure whether it still will work with Zelda (I don't bother to mess with the DS-X anymore), but it won't harm to try. After playing the other game (Mario & Luigi in your example) and BEFORE executing Zelda again, backup your Zelda save and uncompress it, then try to load the game using the uncompressed save. Of course you must start a new Zelda game to try this workaround, because your current save is probably blank.

harvster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is an old workaround I've been suggesting since Pokemon Ranger release. Not sure whether it still will work with Zelda (I don't bother to mess with the DS-X anymore), but it won't harm to try. After playing the other game (Mario & Luigi in your example) and BEFORE executing Zelda again, backup your Zelda save and uncompress it, then try to load the game using the uncompressed save. Of course you must start a new Zelda game to try this workaround, because your current save is probably blank.

I lost my Zelda save game too... Has anybody tried this backup and uncompress method? Any other workarounds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2