Hacking Zelda LBW savegame gone

groit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned off my 3ds, then turned it back on and I try to load my game and it doesnt say corrupted or anything, it just loads with empty save slots. btw im using a gateway and a .3ds file. I was thinking of renaming it .3dz. Before I fuck anything up, any advice?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
What firmware gateway launcher.dat? Only 2.1 and above have real time save. Older versions require you to exit game and then turn off console.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Very occasionally gateway will fail to load the save for a game, if this happens you can just eject the gateway cart or hold the power button to force it to not overwrite the old save with the New blank save,

This has only ever happened to me once back on b1 not sure if can happen with 2.2 but I would imagine it would be possible

Reactions: groit

groit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i overwrote the thing.. the card is corrupt tho.. if i want to build a new emunand, can i use a rom?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You mean update with a Rom? No I don't think so, you could try extracting your current emunand and inject it onto another SD card if your wanting to keep 7.1 or sonething

groit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to do this today, time permitting. I was thinking about if maybe 2.2 omega still had the save feature where you hit home then another button

groit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very occasionally gateway will fail to load the save for a game, if this happens you can just eject the gateway cart or hold the power button to force it to not overwrite the old save with the New blank save,

This has only ever happened to me once back on b1 not sure if can happen with 2.2 but I would imagine it would be possible

All done.. I injected the emunand to the lexmark that came with the 3ds, but I think it's too late for the save file. This sucks but thanks for the info, it'll probably save me some time in the future.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What firmware gateway launcher.dat? Only 2.1 and above have real time save. Older versions require you to exit game and then turn off console.
its 2.2

im starting to think the .sav file became corrupted
Actually, I believe that was false advertising. You still need to exit the game properly if you want to save the savefile like you used to.
If you turn it off or let the battery run out, then it will not save your savefile and you'll lose everything until the last backup.
This happened with me on Gateway Omega 2.1 and Professor Layton 6.

groit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so are you saying that removing the gateway card wont help? wait.. i think hes saying it will.

You guys might hear about it if it happens to me again, I think I lost a good 30 hours in zelda: LBW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1