Zelda LBW savegame gone

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by groit, Jun 8, 2014.

1. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    I turned off my 3ds, then turned it back on and I try to load my game and it doesnt say corrupted or anything, it just loads with empty save slots. btw im using a gateway and a .3ds file. I was thinking of renaming it .3dz. Before I fuck anything up, any advice?

2. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    What firmware gateway launcher.dat? Only 2.1 and above have real time save. Older versions require you to exit game and then turn off console.

3. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    its 2.2

im starting to think the .sav file became corrupted

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Very occasionally gateway will fail to load the save for a game, if this happens you can just eject the gateway cart or hold the power button to force it to not overwrite the old save with the New blank save,

This has only ever happened to me once back on b1 not sure if can happen with 2.2 but I would imagine it would be possible

groit likes this.
  5. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    i think i overwrote the thing.. the card is corrupt tho.. if i want to build a new emunand, can i use a rom?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    You mean update with a Rom? No I don't think so, you could try extracting your current emunand and inject it onto another SD card if your wanting to keep 7.1 or sonething

7. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    how?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
  9. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    I am going to do this today, time permitting. I was thinking about if maybe 2.2 omega still had the save feature where you hit home then another button

10. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States

All done.. I injected the emunand to the lexmark that came with the 3ds, but I think it's too late for the save file. This sucks but thanks for the info, it'll probably save me some time in the future.

11. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Actually, I believe that was false advertising. You still need to exit the game properly if you want to save the savefile like you used to.
    If you turn it off or let the battery run out, then it will not save your savefile and you'll lose everything until the last backup.
    This happened with me on Gateway Omega 2.1 and Professor Layton 6.

12. groit
    OP

groit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    so are you saying that removing the gateway card wont help? wait.. i think hes saying it will.

You guys might hear about it if it happens to me again, I think I lost a good 30 hours in zelda: LBW