Gaming Zelda BOTW : Wii u vs Switch

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/2...ls-the-differences-between-the-legend-of-zeld
Both launch on the same day, March 3.
- Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
- Both versions of the game offer the same content.
- On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
- The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
- The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
- Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
- A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.

Wait so the wii u game runs at 720? I thought all wii u games run at 1080P. At least what my tv says when games are loaded. Is not like how PS3 games sometime switch to 720P when playing specific games.

Also that 3GB storage space is required? So is that like on ps3 where you can't play some games without it? (MGS4) Or is that for optional faster loading times like Xenoblade chronicles X?

I'm a bit confused by some of these decisions. Usually i would think 720P games were for trying to remove framerate issues, but it just seem like they are pushing the system to limits with this observation. Also if that required storage is anything like ps3 mandatory data install option, then is also curious, optional makes more since for reduce loading times but not REQUIRED for game play.:blink:

D

Deleted User

Wait so the wii u game runs at 720? I thought all wii u games run at 1080P. At least what my tv says when games are loaded. Is not like how PS3 games sometime switch to 720P when playing specific games.

Also that 3GB storage space is required? So is that like on ps3 where you can't play some games without it? (MGS4) Or is that for optional faster loading times like Xenoblade chronicles X?

I'm a bit confused by some of these decisions. Usually i would think 720P games were for trying to remove framerate issues, but it just seem like they are pushing the system to limits with this observation. Also if that required storage is anything like ps3 mandatory data install option, then is also curious, optional makes more since for reduce loading times but not REQUIRED for game play.:blink:
No, that's just the Wii U. The games don't run at 1080p and if they do it's upscaled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: