Gaming Zelda BOTW - Low-res textures?

• Thread starter KingpinSlim
  • Start date
  • Views 74,807
  • Replies 584
K

KingpinSlim

OP
IMO I think the games doing some unusual on the fly caching, either my eyes adjusted or the textures improved after the first half hour. But quite a few objects seemed out of place and jaggie. You're not hallucinating.

Well, maybe we'll get another patch or something. We will have to wait and see.
By that time i will probably have finished the game already tho.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the game is not even officially out, and there are some sort of issues here and there, an update patch will most likely come after the release date to fix a few problems.
I haven't played it myself yet, but those who did all said the game is gorgeous. Framedrops here and there, but nothing major according to them. Not too bad, in my opinion.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Companies usually do that on a soon to be dead console so that you'll buy the next gen. They downgrade everthing, I've seen the similar things with the few last games of the ps3 and xbox360. I think they are juat getting lazy making a game or a previous gen

pkpacman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe that the game works like that on final version.. when you come to kakariko you will understand... that game is not working fine... it is in 20 fps or less in all kakarikos fucking town

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i cant believe that the game works like that on final version.. when you come to kakariko you will understand... that game is not working fine... it is in 20 fps or less in all kakarikos fucking town
I thought OP is overthinking the whole thing...
Is it really THAT bad? I dont care for number of FPS... but stuttering...that I do
I still have to wait a few days for the copy to arrive, but now im scared

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When my copy comes on Friday I might chime in on this thread. I have all my games installed on an SSD and for games like Xenoblade Chronicles X with an obscene amount of streaming the amount of difference it makes with load times and pop-in compared to the disk with asset packs installed is absurd. As far as delivering the advertised product is concerned I'm pretty sure every single trailer excluding the most recent Switch presentation was captured on a Wii U given they were running at 720p with frame drops. I don't think they've purposefully downgraded anything except the gamepad functionality though they likely handpicked the areas on display to give a better impression. I guess we'll see in the coming days how bad it really is.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
Is it really THAT bad? I dont care for number of FPS... but stuttering...that I do
If it wasn't bad then i would just be playing and not posting about it. Believe me.
I however really do believe for a release-day patch.
What open-world game nowadays doesn't have a release-day patch?

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
When my copy comes on Friday I might chime in on this thread. I have all my games installed on an SSD and for games like Xenoblade Chronicles X with an obscene amount of streaming the amount of difference it makes with load times and pop-in compared to the disk with asset packs installed is absurd. As far as delivering the advertised product is concerned I'm pretty sure every single trailer excluding the most recent Switch presentation was captured on a Wii U given they were running at 720p with frame drops. I don't think they've purposefully downgraded anything except the gamepad functionality though they likely handpicked the areas on display to give a better impression. I guess we'll see in the coming days how bad it really is.
Dear lord, you do realize that SSD has no effect because the usb on the WiiU is a ''massive'' bottleneck?

If it wasn't bad then i would just be playing and not posting about it. Believe me.
I however really do believe for a release-day patch.
What open-world game nowadays doesn't have a release-day patch?

Well people complained like crazy about batman arkham something on WiiU how unplayable it is with the low fps. I played through it not even noticing anything. So Im rather skeptic :)

Last edited by fatsquirrel,
K

KingpinSlim

OP
An SSD on the Wii U?
The Wii U doesn't even have proper USB 2. Just a gimped version of it.
I fail to see the reason behind something like that.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

pkpacman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah man, you know graphics are moreless acceptable.. first 15 minutes are trash but later they are better in new places and are magic designs.. but the frame rate is as bad as i was thinking my wii u or hdd are wrong until i read this post that i was wanting searching an explanation... when you are in a town or you see a house the fps literrally drop until 15 or 20 fps... seems a broken game

pkpacman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just entered Kakariko and the framerate there is unbelievable. Everything gets really choppy there. I would say below 20fps.
i cant believe that this is the final result... i hope a day 1 patch cause now is 1.0.0 version... i hope they will release a patch... but i think they will not

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see what people mean by the game looks blurry. Like I get that for sure. As far as frame rate, it had some drops initially for a second but now its perfectly fine. Feels like a flat 30fps. However pro controller feels like it has input delay. Gamepad is fine tho.

pkpacman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see what people mean by the game looks blurry. Like I get that for sure. As far as frame rate, it had some drops initially for a second but now its perfectly fine. Feels like a flat 30fps. However pro controller feels like it has input delay. Gamepad is fine tho.

when you arrive at kakariko you will see... jjaj

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An SSD on the Wii U?
The Wii U doesn't even have proper USB 2. Just a gimped version of it.
I fail to see the reason behind something like that.
It's mostly a failsafe but some tests show there is a very slight advantage. All the same when it comes to games random read speeds matter more than sequential read speeds. The SSD I'm using also has the benefit of using a lot less power than a mechanical drive so I only need one port. Are you sure about the lack of USB 2.0 though? I know most homebrew can't access it by default but at the very least a proper hard drive can do much better than the speed of a single-layer Blu-ray disc or an SD card.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
It's mostly a failsafe but some tests show there is a very slight advantage. All the same when it comes to games random read speeds matter more than sequential read speeds. The SSD I'm using also has the benefit of using a lot less power than a mechanical drive so I only need one port. Are you sure about the lack of USB 2.0 though? I know most homebrew can't access it by default but at the very least a proper hard drive can do much better than the speed of a single-layer Blu-ray disc or an SD card.
Yeah, it is a low-power variant of USB 2.0.
With USB 3.0 you might actually see some benefit, but not with the Wii U.
Get a cheaper HDD and use the SSD for something else.

Reactions: JMCV22 and DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum