Zack & Wiki (NTSC-J) problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by synce, Sep 27, 2010.

Sep 27, 2010

Zack & Wiki (NTSC-J) problem by synce at 8:19 PM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. synce
    OP

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Everything works fine if I select the English option, but when I try to play in Japanese the camera is constantly zoomed in (nearly impossible to play). Anyone know what's causing this and if there's a workaround? I want moonspeak

PS. running cios38 rev17 and hermes v4, gx rev 938

2. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Dunno about this glitch, but you might want to look into the undub patch, the japanese VA are like 10x better, so much more emotion and drama can be heard through their voices. I also prefer watching Futurama in japanese with fansubs.

3. synce
    OP

United States
    I appreciate the laugh but I'd really like some help here [​IMG]

4. synce
    OP

United States
    4 years later with a rehacked Wii and new loader the problem persists... Took some screenshots to give an example

This is what it's supposed to look like:
    [​IMG]

This is what I get instead:
    [​IMG]

Aside from the zoom effect there are other graphical glitches and I'm almost positive it has something to do with my Wii being an American model. If I reset the game the language switches to English

In cfg loader I've tried every patch but the problem persists. Same with gx loader

Ideas welcome

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Did you try country string patching? NeoGamma has it, but as you might know it has "some" limitations. I don't know if any other loader has it. It switches strings in the main.dol of the game, stuff like USA, EUR, JAP, forgot which strings exactly, not even sure it was 3 letters. You can manually patch this stuff with a hexeditor. Anyways, this patch does improve the region free capabilities for some games, especially japanese games, which i guess is the reason not too many people know about it. There's a chance that this will fix the problem, but it's not a high one.

Patching the main.dol is a complicated process, that involves unpacking the .iso, patching the main.dol and then repacking the whole .iso. There should be some guides somewhere for this kind of stuff.

If you disable the IOS Reload block or use a cIOS that doesn't support it, i assume the game resets the Wii instead of resetting the game if you select that option. If that's the case, that's why the language patch doesn't stay, it would need to be reapplied. With Generic Wii Patcher you can permanently patch the main.dol to another language. I'm 99% sure that the problem wouldn't be fixed by this.

Do you know that it is possible to change the region of a Wii? It's dangerous, so a lot of research would be required, but it may be worth it. Another alternative might be sneek, i think it allows to have an emulated nand from another region. If that's possible, it might be your best shot, but i wouldn't be able to help you any further.