yugioh game stopped working

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kenio8185, May 13, 2009.

1. kenio8185
    OP

kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2008
    Canada
    canada
    I got a new micro sd, went from 1 gb to 2 gb. However, i had Ysmenu on the ds rather than the reg r4 firmware. So as you could imagine, simply transferring the files won't work, i had to compile everything again, then i transferred all of my games. Most of them seem to work fine, however, my yugioh 2009 game got messed up. The game loads up fine, i can go to my save file. However, if i ever start a dual, as soon as a card is activated, game freezes. Also, whenever i go to the deck modifying page thing, game freezes.
    Anyways, can anyone help me out?

2. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    seems like a cheat problem.
    Backup your save file and star a whole new game and make sure no cheats are activated and see if it works.

3. kenio8185
    OP

Dec 22, 2008
    Canada
    canada
    nope, same problem, thanks anyways though.

Any other ideas?

4. kenio8185
    OP

Dec 22, 2008
    Canada
    canada
    ok, i got it fixed, i redownloaded the game file. I dunno why it worked, possibly it got corrupted when i tried copying and pasting but i'm not sure.

5. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    You didn't use the x9 card code did you? that causes the game to freeze.....

6. kenio8185
    OP

Dec 22, 2008
    Canada
    canada
    on my old sd card i had the game work perfectly, even after using the x9 card cheat. And i had that working since the game was released in japan, i only switched sd cards a few days ago and it stopped working. Anyways, it doesn't matter, the problem has been resolved.

7. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    what was the problem? is it because of SD card?

8. pkl2007

pkl2007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2008
    i had a problem like that it might not have been the game, but it might have been the cheats. it turned out that i had almost 600 cards in my deck when i played the game with cheats on, maybe you should have checked that first.

9. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    hmmmm....
    i would suggest activate these codes once and deactivate it after obtaining what you want [​IMG]