Yu-Gi-Oh! WC 2011 Cheat Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Nineteen, Jun 6, 2011.

Jun 6, 2011
  1. Nineteen
    OP

Newcomer Nineteen Newbie

United States
    I've got an EZ-Flash Vi on a DSi, and I can't get the All Cards cheat to work. I'm using usrcheat.dat, I've got cheats enabled, and I have the code itself activated. The problem is, when I'm in-game, I press L+R+START to activate cheats, but nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    L+R+START only activates the cheat codes; if the cheat code you are trying to use has a certain button/button combination (say, select or select+R) that you have to input AFTER enabling cheat codes, you'll need to input the button combination.

3. Nineteen
    OP

Newcomer Nineteen Newbie

United States
    Is there a way to tell what the combination is, such as through r4cce? I've tried pressing Select(which seems to be the common one), and even pressing Select during the black screen when the Deck is loading(which I've seen suggested on other forums). Nothing is working.

EDIT: Like I said, I'm using the 3x All Cards and Full List from the usrcheat.dat file found on this site, so if you know how to activate that code on an EZFlash, that would help me out a lot.

4. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    the button combination is usually stated along with what the cheat code is:

[SELECT] have all cards, or
    press SELECT to have all cards

You may want to try looking at the cheat code you are trying to use.
    You can also look with r4cce. If you're using Yasu's r4cce you'll be able to see/choose which button you have to press in order to activate under "Key-pad cheat activation button"

EDIT: I'm assuming that you're using the Japanese version of the game (as the cheat codes for the other languages aren't in GBAtemp's cheat code list). The all cards cheat code doesn't seem to have a button combination.

EDIT 2: found this http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t...rt_guide#Cheats

5. Nineteen
    OP

Newcomer Nineteen Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I've read that guide so many times I have it memorized. I have the code I want activated, and press L+R+SELECT in-game to activate, and nothing happens.

6. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    by googling, I see that many people has had problems with using cheat codes on EZ-flash Vi.

You can try PM'ing Mbmax, or some other members that owns an EZ-flash Vi (as they are more knowledgeable on EZ-flash Vi than I am) or get assistance from EZ-flash Vi wiki.

7. Nineteen
    OP

Newcomer Nineteen Newbie

United States
    I PM'ed Mbmax. Thanks for your help, though!