Yu-Gi-Oh Cheat Question

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by buikurama, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008

Yu-Gi-Oh Cheat Question by buikurama at 2:34 AM (2,152 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. buikurama
    OP

Newcomer buikurama Newbie

United States
    Hey everyone,

I was having some issues with the Yu-Gi-Oh cheat thingy on my R4. So after reading as much as I can, and googling "yugioh 2008 r4 not working", I couldn't find anything else.

Right now I have an R4 SDHC (the fake one? running 1.21.. which might be the whole reason why..) and I did the whole Cheat Manager thing/R4 Cheat editor. All the cheats for the games actually worked (to my surprise) and I was able to get cheats for all the games I have except Yugioh World Championship 2008. Even The World Ends With You (which I read was at the back of the list with yugioh) had cheats.
    Basically, the little cheat box doesn't show up at the menu (the little box with the "press Y") :/
    I tried CCE and moving Yu-Gi-Oh to the top and it doesn't seem to work. Also I tried seeing if it would work as a CHEAT.DAT and then nothing shows up after that.
    I have the cheat file as a usrcheat.dat.

If anyone has any suggestions (besides getting a new flashcard XD) then they are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    You need to remove some extra cheats. remove all/most of the euro/jap codes and that'll fix your problem.

3. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you sure that you are attempting the corect region cheats for the game? If for example you were attempting to use the us region cheats on the eu version of the game the cheats shouldn't show up for the game.

4. buikurama
    OP

United States
    I tried just putting the Yu-Gi-Oh cheat by itself (without any others on the usrcheat.dat) and it still doesn't show up. Thanks though :]
    Hmm it seems Elite Beat Agents doesn't have any cheats as well. But that's all good.
    I just need help with Yu-Gi-Oh!

edit@tedmg09130913: Wow man.. haha, now I feel like the biggest noob in the world. I can't believe it was that simple/right in front of my eyes XD
    Everything works perfect now dude. Thanks like a million, like whoa!

5. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    check the region of your ROM and the region that's in the cheat.dat

6. buikurama
    OP

United States
    Yup yup! All checked [​IMG]

It works perfect now, all thanks to you guys! Wow.. I shoulda joined and posted like 2 hours ago. It would have saved me 2 hours.

Thanks again guys! [​IMG]

7. skel1

Newcomer skel1 Newbie

United States
    same problem as above i am using correct region codes tried deleting other region codes a susggested above still not working [​IMG] plz help

8. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Read http://cheats.gbatemp.net/#notice

Also I suggest using YSMenu, it displays all the cheats without having to use the slimmed down cheat file or manually editing the cheat files your self. Also it doesn't have any of the other bugs as well like folders being cut off or some cheats not working correctly on the R4. It also has more features and better game compatibility,