Gaming Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special~Translation Continuation

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Saw this thread linked in one of the many newly uploaded videos on Clickaxer01's channel, while I was 'away' playing Tag Force 1, 2 & 3 again after 10 years lol.
Speaking of romhacks, I also gave it a shot at Forbidden Memories II by the Brazil Team, it was nice to play until you hit a hard wall known as 4000 + ATK opponents while you barely put out 3500 ATK at most by fusions lol.

ANYWAYYYY,
you CANNOT insert back audio files into Tag Force games. I'm not sure for other PSP games, (I remember having fun swapping in the JP Music themes into my EU DBZ Tenkaichi 3 (Thank God we got the JP OST in the french dub of DBZ, the rock music the american dub got is godawful)) BUT as far as I know (I was looking for ways to do this for a long time, since I love Forbidden Memories' OST and wanted to insert it into Tag Force special) YOU CANNOT DO IT.

Simply put, besides the obvious CRC checks and whatnot, there simply is NO WAY to INSERT BACK audio files into the compressed archives the game uses. (AFAIK there is a complicated way to convert the music files into the sony music format at least tho)

So yeah. I don't remember all the details, but simply put, you can't.

Hell, past Tag Force 1, nobody was able to do Undubs of the games, cause inserting JP audio files back into the EU/US game would crash on the title screen (or result in a black screen) since in the JP games there is an audio clip saying the title...

If you can't even swap in basic JP files into the US/EU game already, that's a huge hint about how hard it is to insert music files at all lol.

Anyway, can't wait to get those mini-stories translated, even if they're pointless 99% of the time, it was still interesting to progress in Tag Force 2, 3, 4 & 5 (first game was just a basic season 1 recap of GX, there were no special stories for each main char)

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this thread linked in one of the many newly uploaded videos on Clickaxer01's channel, while I was 'away' playing Tag Force 1, 2 & 3 again after 10 years lol.
Speaking of romhacks, I also gave it a shot at Forbidden Memories II by the Brazil Team, it was nice to play until you hit a hard wall known as 4000 + ATK opponents while you barely put out 3500 ATK at most by fusions lol.

ANYWAYYYY,
you CANNOT insert back audio files into Tag Force games. I'm not sure for other PSP games, (I remember having fun swapping in the JP Music themes into my EU DBZ Tenkaichi 3 (Thank God we got the JP OST in the french dub of DBZ, the rock music the american dub got is godawful)) BUT as far as I know (I was looking for ways to do this for a long time, since I love Forbidden Memories' OST and wanted to insert it into Tag Force special) YOU CANNOT DO IT.

Simply put, besides the obvious CRC checks and whatnot, there simply is NO WAY to INSERT BACK audio files into the compressed archives the game uses. (AFAIK there is a complicated way to convert the music files into the sony music format at least tho)

So yeah. I don't remember all the details, but simply put, you can't.

Hell, past Tag Force 1, nobody was able to do Undubs of the games, cause inserting JP audio files back into the EU/US game would crash on the title screen (or result in a black screen) since in the JP games there is an audio clip saying the title...

If you can't even swap in basic JP files into the US/EU game already, that's a huge hint about how hard it is to insert music files at all lol.

Anyway, can't wait to get those mini-stories translated, even if they're pointless 99% of the time, it was still interesting to progress in Tag Force 2, 3, 4 & 5 (first game was just a basic season 1 recap of GX, there were no special stories for each main char)
My real concern is just being able to access the binary files that relate to each character's in-duel text speech. Do you know anything about programming that would allow access to those files to translate the rest of them? Or do you know anyone that might know? The audio files aren't my main concern, it's just translating the rest of the stuff in the game that still needs it. Oh yeah, I'm Clickclaxer01 by the way, but that's what my main goal of this thread has been about, to be able to do this for TFSP and TF6.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My real concern is just being able to access the binary files that relate to each character's in-duel text speech. Do you know anything about programming that would allow access to those files to translate the rest of them? Or do you know anyone that might know? The audio files aren't my main concern, it's just translating the rest of the stuff in the game that still needs it. Oh yeah, I'm Clickclaxer01 by the way, but that's what my main goal of this thread has been about, to be able to do this for TFSP and TF6.

Nay, I stop digging into it once I found the basic text for pretty much everything was contained in those bin files, themselves contained in those packed archives (and also how everything was just a pointer to the keywords database), well at least for most of the descriptions of things, since the story script is in another file.

Anyways, I don't know anybody personally that could help on this sadly.

I'm kevinsephiroth btw :P

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nay, I stop digging into it once I found the basic text for pretty much everything was contained in those bin files, themselves contained in those packed archives (and also how everything was just a pointer to the keywords database), well at least for most of the descriptions of things, since the story script is in another file.

Anyways, I don't know anybody personally that could help on this sadly.

I'm kevinsephiroth btw :P
Okay, good to know. Yeah, I've been messing around with the pointers, but it's a pain since I don't know how to write the code to modify each one when I modify the file. I know where everything is and what to change, I just don't know how to mass edit it.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you hate me and everything, but as a rom hacker, if i can even call myself that xD, translating stays to it's true definition, what you want to do is localize.
Now to the hard truth, this isn't GTA, you can't modify everything, the sounds and AI scripts are a bit hard to understand, and no, the sounds cannot be extracted nor reinserted, as for text, i'll gladly send you what you're looking for.
Is there a way I could get the .txt file of the cards from TF6?
The "cardinfo_jpn", but in the txt file that you usually make?

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fix the horrible patch i did last xD
Bro your patch is very good not horrivel

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mine got busted, but nvm i got my beta patch tested and i fixed teh real hardware problem for no voice :3
Bro the problem with no voice. I fix replace the snd folder and all files inside with patch 0.4 snd ;i think the names and termination or what call is case sensitive

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bro the problem with no voice. I fix replace the snd folder and all files inside with patch 0.4 snd ;i think the names and termination or what call is case sensitive
Errr... I said that about one month ago (even used the "case-sensitive" expression). :huh:

Glad you managed it, though.

Reactions: nalcwap

Le_Iceberg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody! ^^
I go to give my full support to the team of Xenon (if that is still his name xp )

And to thank again the great Omarrrio which allowed me to translate the game cards in French ^^

THANK YOU :)

Reactions: nalcwap

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a save file with custom made decks they could upload for me? I am lost with the newer meta haven't played YGO for some time.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: jDSX

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone have a save file with custom made decks they could upload for me? I am lost with the newer meta haven't played YGO for some time.

Go on The Organisation to 'topdeck' (copy competitive decks) from BEFORE January 2015 (as Tag Force Special Arc V was released in December 2014).

I made lots of researches, and played a bit in this game, here are the most overpowered decks in order IMO (also the kind of decks who won most of the TCG tournaments in Japan in 2014):
The top 5 (especially the first 3) are really OP compared to the others!
Necloth (Nekroz)
Qliphoth (Qli)
Shaddoll
Masked HERO
Spirit Beast (Ritual Beast)

Hermit Youkai (Yosenju)
Rabbit/Verz (lswarm)
Artifact
Satellarknight (Tellarknight)
Infernity
There are a lot more viable archetypes like Magical (Prophecy), Daemon (Archfiend), Six Samurai, Blue-Eyes/Dragon Rulers (which I played, very FUN to play, I think I ran a modified version of the one posted here) etc

With the afored mentioned Blue-Eyes White Dragon / Dragon Rulers deck I played with Kaiba, I also ran a Hieratic / Red-Eyes B. Dragon with Joey (to play my favourite Meteor B. Dragon in tribute to Forbidden Memories) which was also pretty decent.
I also played a warrior / Dark Magician deck (which you can find here) with Yami Yugi, which worked pretty pretty well. I actually beat people with it on that online yugioh software (forgot the name) lol.
And then I played some weirdass Cyber Dragon deck with the new cards with Zane, worked not too bad...

And ultimately I tried a half assed Mask HERO deck with Jaden Yuki.... MAN IS IT BROKEN OP LOL. I didn't play Qli & Nekroz yet, but I played vs Shaddoll in Yami Balura's Shadow Tournament, and man is it strong. As was Tellarknight and the others (you can see the decklists here on GameFaqs. Well they do even use Nekroz & Shaddoll but I got my ass handed to me before I could duel them ahahah)

Reactions: jDSX

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go on The Organisation to 'topdeck' (copy competitive decks) from BEFORE January 2015 (as Tag Force Special Arc V was released in December 2014).

I made lots of researches, and played a bit in this game, here are the most overpowered decks in order IMO (also the kind of decks who won most of the TCG tournaments in Japan in 2014):
The top 5 (especially the first 3) are really OP compared to the others!
Necloth (Nekroz)
Qliphoth (Qli)
Shaddoll
Masked HERO
Spirit Beast (Ritual Beast)

Hermit Youkai (Yosenju)
Rabbit/Verz (lswarm)
Artifact
Satellarknight (Tellarknight)
Infernity
There are a lot more viable archetypes like Magical (Prophecy), Daemon (Archfiend), Six Samurai, Blue-Eyes/Dragon Rulers (which I played, very FUN to play, I think I ran a modified version of the one posted here) etc

With the afored mentioned Blue-Eyes White Dragon / Dragon Rulers deck I played with Kaiba, I also ran a Hieratic / Red-Eyes B. Dragon with Joey (to play my favourite Meteor B. Dragon in tribute to Forbidden Memories) which was also pretty decent.
I also played a warrior / Dark Magician deck (which you can find here) with Yami Yugi, which worked pretty pretty well. I actually beat people with it on that online yugioh software (forgot the name) lol.
And then I played some weirdass Cyber Dragon deck with the new cards with Zane, worked not too bad...

And ultimately I tried a half assed Mask HERO deck with Jaden Yuki.... MAN IS IT BROKEN OP LOL. I didn't play Qli & Nekroz yet, but I played vs Shaddoll in Yami Balura's Shadow Tournament, and man is it strong. As was Tellarknight and the others (you can see the decklists here on GameFaqs. Well they do even use Nekroz & Shaddoll but I got my ass handed to me before I could duel them ahahah)

Thank you so much man I was lost at where to start at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-