GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I havent been around for oever a year and this has me really confused... YSMenu is needed for R4? :S

I got the latest firmware for R4DS and got that Loading.... screen and now the forum is telling me to put YSMenu on there, I tried but it messed up couldnt read the screen or anything.
Is there somewhere a simple solution, like a ready made .zip file for what people need?

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my brothers ds so that he can play GTA and this would be very helpful.  I haven't really looked at the ds scene in about a year and from what I've seen it's pretty techy for me.  HELP!  
wink.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I just take the ttmenu folder from the dstt firmware grab the ysmenu.nds patch it with the R4.dldi file and run it as another firmware,but thats only cause I choose to not have ysmenu as my default firmware.....

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand.

first i take the ttmenu folder and do what with it?
what program do i use to patch the ysmenu.nds with the r4.dldi
how do I run this as its own firmware?

Sorry I'm a little rusty but I am picking new things up while searching!
wink.gif

lsp_kill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use R4YSauto (a automated YSMenu builder) to create a fully working YSMenu firmware for your R4.
With this little tool even a kid could get YSMenu working.

Download the file called YSMenu0903211700.zip from the DS(T_T)DS section of yasus website (click the link YSMenu(2009/03/21 17:00), he doesn't allow direct links).
Extract R4YSauto to an own folder, then put the YSMenu0903211700.zip into this folder and rename it to YSMenu0810211800.zip (because R4YSauto was made for an older version, but if you rename the zip it works for current versions as well).
Now run the r4.bat and follow the steps.
After that you find a file called R4_custom_[your chosen language].zip in your R4YSauto folder, this contains a ready 100% working (if you did it right) YSMenu firmware for your R4.
Delete your official firmware from your sd-card and extract your new created YSMenu firmware to it and you are done.

Hope i could help you.

pong106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways. You can do it in the automated way which is R4YSauto for more info search this forum or lsp_kill's instructions. Or manually way to create YSMENU.

Follow my manual guide, which involves more step than R4YSauto.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=976...t&p=1883856

Yasu, the programmer of YSMENU does not allow people uploading re-made YSMENU, thus you will hardly find any pre-made ones on the net.

pong106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
well i kinda works but some of the game crash now and cheats dont work
sleep.gif
;

Whats your R4 cart, original or cloned?
Do you have some patched ROMs? Most patched ROMS do not have cheat, you must patch the cheats in order to use cheat on the patched Rom.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pong106 said:
GundamXXX said:
well i kinda works but some of the game crash now and cheats dont work
sleep.gif
;

Whats your R4 cart, original or cloned?
Do you have some patched ROMs? Most patched ROMS do not have cheat, you must patch the cheats in order to use cheat on the patched Rom.

Well JUS is patched but it had cheats on the old firmware

and i do have an original... i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb