OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4DS, but I have the YSmenu firmware on it instead of the original R4DS kernal.

I recently purchased this:
dsl-webbing-500.jpg

(I will make a guide just for GBAtemp of how I applied it to my DS when I get it, just so everyone knows. I bought the 3 to 5 day delivery.)

I am trying to make a really neato Venom or maybe the Symbiote Spider-man skin for the YSmenu. Even just a skin that looks like the DS skin that I have would do. I have a black NDS Lite.

This is an exact picture of what my YSmenu looks like (minus the rumble option on the touch screen):
kkkk121dz4ey2.jpg

But I am hoping to either make or find something that looks like this:
3.jpg

(This is a Japanese version of a homebrew YSmenu skin.)

I would be sincerely grateful if someone made me such a skin, but if this isn't an option I would like to try to make my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
yaynds.gif

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tyuno123 said:
maybe you could look around ndsthemes and take the images you need from the theme and rename them for the YSmenu

Thanks, but I already have gone through ndsthemes and I found some, but they would not work.

For example:

(Can't place pic for some reason, so click HERE.)

I really want to use the top one (Symbiote Spider-Man), but it's got the buttons.
It won't look right with the buttons...
frown.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afaik you can use R4/M3 Simply themes for YSMENU well at least just use the TOP an BOTTOM main images and rename them (Although cannot remember if you need to change the image file type or not!?)

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tyuno123 said:
maybe you could use the top screen and something else at the bottom ?

are you just using YSmenu or R4YSauto ?

I am using YSmenu only. I had an issue with the cheats not working and Narin suggested YSmenu to me and I have kept it ever since, it's the best [working] firmware that I have had so far.

Well, I found this:
ASM539_cov_col.jpg

And I took it into Paint (I am at work so this is all that I have), chopped it in half, resized both halves to 256px by 192px, and renamed them to YSMenu1 and YSMenu2 (are those the correct names? I have no way of checking here).

The only thing that I need to do now is put a little shaded rectangle where the description of the game goes.
When I get home, I will take a picture of my DS with my newly created skin so that I can get further assistance.
tongue.gif

Thanks guys for all the help!
yaynds.gif

I am going to put the skin in the gbatemp downloads when they are completely finished so someone else can enjoy them, too!

(Also, I the only program that I have for photo editing at home is Paint. So if someone can help me with the shaded rectangle, that'd be awesome!)

tyuno123

Trophies
Website
tyuno.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
the dark background kinda doesn't match with the YSmenu cause the words are all in black but I'm not sure whether it could be changed.If it can be changed the please teach me i wanna change the text to a different color

when you put it up for downloads maybe you could pm me the link to it.I would like to use it as my skin for my other micro SD

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tyuno123 said:
the dark background kinda doesn't match with the YSmenu cause the words are all in black but I'm not sure whether it could be changed.If it can be changed the please teach me i wanna change the text to a different color

when you put it up for downloads maybe you could pm me the link to it.I would like to use it as my skin for my other micro SD

Here is a few [crappy] pics that I took with my [crappy] old webcam since my 8 mega pixle cam is in the car which is all of the way outside in the [freezing] cold anti-Texas air.

Picture003.jpg
Picture002.jpg
Picture004.jpg

You can change the color of the text by going in the TTMenu folder opening the YSmenu Configuration settings (make a backup copy just in case that you mess it up) and going to the part that says [FILELIST] and making it look like this:

CODE[FILELIST]
; COLOR = BIT15 | BGR(5bit x3)
COLOR_PATH=0xDAD6
COLOR_FILE=0xF315
COLOR_FOLDER=0xF315
COLOR_SELECT=0xC4C0
COLOR_SELTEXT=0xF315

I suggest that you just copy and paste.
biggrin.gif

I am going to just upload the files that I have for the YSmenu shown here in Photobucket so that you can just copy and paste the pics in Paint and Save As a Bitmap so they say YSMenu1 and YSMenu2.
HERE YOU GO!!
yaynds.gif

YSMenu1.jpg
YSMenu2.jpg

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job Spider Girl! Keep up the good work
smile.gif
You should make a mini guide here n how to convert R4 Skins to YSMenu and how to create new skins for YSmenu. That should gain you some appriase from all the newbies here
smile.gif

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Awesome job Spider Girl! Keep up the good work
smile.gif
You should make a mini guide here n how to convert R4 Skins to YSMenu and how to create new skins for YSmenu. That should gain you some appraise from all the newbies here
smile.gif

I will get right to that! I managed to find Photoshop X2 on a site that I normally download from and I will install it after I get some sleep. I have been awake for about 37 hours staring at a computer screen and I'm beginning to not be able to type as well as I'd hoped (and if Firefox wasn't making me aware of my spelling mistakes, I would have a problem with that as well).

If anyone has any ideas for skins, post them here!

I can make simple ones to teach myself a little better before I get into the more advanced ones (like with the shadowed rectangle).

*goes to take a nap*

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
By the way, it is possible to use R4 skins on YSmenu. The two loading images can't be used of course, the ones that show the three Game, media and Slot 2 Icons and the top logo screen but the two menu/file listing screen images can be used. Simply rename those two images to the file names the YSmenu skins use and copy them to the TTMenu folder. They may require a little tweaking to be perfect, but most R4 skins will work and look nice without problems.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
can i use moon shell with YSmenu? im still using R4 0_0
by the way, if i want to change the sin for the top and bottom of my R4 (the three icons and such) can i just get any picture with the same size but just have the same name?

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
can i use moon shell with YSmenu? im still using R4 0_0
by the way, if i want to change the sin for the top and bottom of my R4 (the three icons and such) can i just get any picture with the same size but just have the same name?

Yes, you can use Moonshell with YSmenu. I have Moonshell on my DS right now and it works fine:
RomPic.png

As far as putting R4 Skins on your YSmenu-ed R4, yes, this is also possible. I was using an R4 skin before this Black Spider-Man was made for me.
biggrin.gif

I went to ndsthemes.com and looked for a skin that suited me. You just can't use the first 2 backgrounds because they just don't look right and 1 of them has icons. You can only use the last 2 backgrounds, so make sure that you focus on looking at those.

Good luck!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real