Status
Not open for further replies.

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, Wii U YouTube got like two updates on Wii U... I remember with the previous version of YouTube I was able to Watch video and search at the same time without interrupting the actual playback...

My question is:

Is there a way to install different versions of YouTube? Or can we install an older version of YT and try to modify the XML for to the newer version?

Thank you.

Last edited by huma_dawii,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question, Wii U YouTube got like two updates on Wii U... I remember with the previous version of YouTube I was able to Watch video and search at the same time without interrupting the actual reproductions....

My question is:

Is there a way to install different versions of YouTube? Or can we install an older version of YT and try to modify the XML for to the newer version?

Thank you.
I dunno what you mean with your last question but by altering the title ID you can install multiple versions of the same game or app.

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what you mean with your last question but by altering the title ID you can install multiple versions of the same game or app.

I mean is it possible to install the older version of the APP... and then modify the XML file to make the console think its the new one and wont force me to update it.

But i think its pointless cause there is no backup of the old version of this app... eShop only gives you ONE version of the app and its the latest one :/

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean is it possible to install the older version of the APP... and then modify the XML file to make the console think its the new one and wont force me to update it.

But i think its pointless cause there is no backup of the old version of this app... eShop only gives you ONE version of the app and its the latest one :/
You should be able to download it with Wii U USB Helper without its updates.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
IMO you should just use YouTube in the internet browser. You can watch a video on the TV and browse YouTube (or any other website) on the GamePad at the same time.
Not to mention the great native video player.

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question, Wii U YouTube got like two updates on Wii U... I remember with the previous version of YouTube I was able to Watch video and search at the same time without interrupting the actual reproductions....

My question is:

Thank you.
check out wiiu usb helper, you can select the version of the app you want to download.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
LMAO I'm here 4 years later asking myself the same question lol, sorry for the bump.
If you can find the YouTube Version that you remember with that future, you can try.... Now, I don't think will be any upgrade for YouTube as every upgrades are discontinued (not sure about that)?!
For XML, you can try to unpack the app change the version and re-pack to install it.
In the end of the story, you need to TRY ;) .

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find the YouTube Version that you remember with that future, you can try.... Now, I don't think will be any upgrade for YouTube as every upgrades are discontinued (not sure about that)?!
For XML, you can try to unpack the app change the version and re-pack to install it.
In the end of the story, you need to TRY ;) .
I managed to get all versions ever released for youtube, managed to stop the update prompt BUT the apps never pass the splash screen and that is exactly where i'm stuck right now D:

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I managed to get all versions ever released for youtube, managed to stop the update prompt BUT the apps never pass the splash screen and that is exactly where i'm stuck right now D:
Okay, so you mean that it's works only and always just the latest version, right?

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so you mean that it's works only and always just the latest version, right?
Yeah, and venturing inside the apps i found they changed the structure of the app in v96 and in v112 is totally different, so the one i probably want is v96 below, but i am unable to make it get to the actual app, just stuck on the splash screen

EDIT:

I for sure haven't finished trying everything i can but im running out of ideas haha

Reactions: CrisMod

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, and venturing inside the apps i found they changed the structure of the app in v96 and in v112 is totally different, so the one i probably want is v96 below, but i am unable to make it get to the actual app, just stuck on the splash screen
In this case if they changed a lot , I don't want that they optimized for the new OS version of Wii U every time, and maybe it's that the reason why you cannot overpass the YouTube splash screen..... The version of the OS from your Wii U, it's the same as the one v96 can run at that time?

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this case if they changed a lot , I don't want that they optimized for the new OS version of Wii U every time, and maybe it's that the reason why you cannot overpass the YouTube splash screen..... The version of the OS from your Wii U, it's the same as the one v96 can run at that time?

I am not sure what OS version we had back in v96, that could be

EDIT: One thing I was able to do once, was to put older rpx inside the code folder and it worked haha, but that only goes all the way to v112 which is still better because gives you the option to play at 1080p, newer versions only cap at 720p

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am not sure what OS version we had back in v96, that could be

EDIT: One thing I was able to do once, was to put older rpx inside the code folder and it worked haha, but that only goes all the way to v112 which is still better because gives you the option to play at 1080p, newer versions only cap at 720p
I would like to help you, but no idea here, because I never played a lot with it, and here for sure you know more things on it 😉. Hope someone else , it has the answer....

Reactions: huma_dawii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.