Youtube Wii app problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Wizz Robes, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Wizz Robes
    OP

Wizz Robes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2014
    United States
    (Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this post. If it's not do please move it to where it would be appropriate)

Given development on the WiiMC app may very well be dead, I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem I'm having with the official Wii app? Whenever I try to fast forward or rewind a video on the Wii Youtube app it states "Video is not available, next video will start in 5 seconds", even though the video plays just fine. Google's help forum hasn't been any help (as usual).

2. Ev1lbl0w

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    Not only you, it happens to me as well. But I never worried about that, 'cause I don't like to watch Youtube on the Wii. But, actually, Nintendo could do something.

3. Wizz Robes
    OP

Wizz Robes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2014
    United States
    Strange, google seems to have actually fixed the Wii youtube app. Sometime about a month ago I was alerted to an update on the Wii, and my problem is now completely fixed! Strange, figured no one would care about the Wii anymore...

4. WiiFit_Guy

WiiFit_Guy GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    I was just going to make a thread about this. Cause after project M i decided to check the wii shop for fun (its been months i havent been on it). Sure enough, youtube had an update! Really surprised, Since Nintendo has moved on 3 years ago to the Wii U and even now is focusing on the NX.

Doest seem much has changed though besides the bug you mentioned.

Also speaking of updates, seems like the wii homebrew scene is not updating a lot as well.

5. Guinea

Guinea .

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    ----
    Nintendo is trying to slowly disconnect the Wii from WiFi so they get more sales on Wii u