Hacking you're opinion please.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, not all kids are so careless. I really want to give a Switch to my 7 years old niece as a gift, I'm sure she won't break it (but her brother probably will)... Hmmm... it is not so deadly expensive after all (but if a second one has to be bought as replacement, well, that is a very different wallet-breaking story).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not opinion. I am Error.
sarkwalvein.exe has stopped working

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my 9 yr old Son a Switch for Xmas...He really wants odyssey too.
So we have 'hello world' running through a web browser and that's all at this point...correct?
It could take years for things to evolve.
My question is, are you guys updating for odyssey.
He really want's this game.
Thx.
I probably would not update.

Wait until the scene has progressed and when a solid exploit to do what your looking for is released then update to what ever firmware is required.

Its far easier to remain on launch firmware and wait for exploits to be released, then buy said game that comes with the required firmware then update to it and install exploit than it is to rush ahead and update your firmware and later find out the exploit released is not for said firmware.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, not all kids are so careless. I really want to give a Switch to my 7 years old niece as a gift, I'm sure she won't break it (but her brother probably will)... Hmmm... it is not so deadly expensive after all (but if a second one has to be bought as replacement, well, that is a very different wallet-breaking story).

Yeah, I know that a lot of kids are actually careful with their toys, but even so, kids are kids. Well, if they only use it docked at home, there wouldn't be any problems and the system would be free from harm. I consider myself to be pretty careful with my things, even adding a strap to them, however, despite that, my Vita, 3DS, phone, tablet... Pretty much all of my portable devices have managed to fall somehow or another. I can only imagine what happens to those 6-year-olds that own the latest iPhones.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel bad for you son. That's my opinion.
Actually, for me it is common sense.
I don't know why many people here recommend "not updating ever", "waiting for homebrew".

That is the pinnacle of selfishness, the gift is for the kid to enjoy, you shouldn't give a fake gift, a "gift" that is actually only gift in name. If it is a christmas gift for the kid, and the kid wants to play Mario, let the kid update!

And don't even consider putting pressure into him making him decide if playing the game or making whatever daddy wants that he doesn't really understand, let him enjoy the gift!

europat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My opinion about this is that eventually hackers/pirates will want to run Super Mario Odyssey also on their console, so I think they'll find a way to crack it open eventually, so I updated to 3.0.1 without hesitation , and enjoyed an amazing game !! (955 moons until now, soon completed)

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2018 is gonna be promising with a lot new games you and your son probably don't wanna miss out on. The Switch only has like what? 5 major titles? 3 of them arguably being Wii U ports
By the time a homebrew is even out you'll have most of the popular titles anyway if piracy is the concern. Was the same deal with the Wii U I had all the popular games via disc and only sailed on the Black Pearl 4 times to get the 4 games
I questioned to buy when loadline arrived.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have just one system, there's truly no benefit of keeping it on 3.0 or less esp for your family
even for emulators there are cheaper options out there,it may takes 6mths to a year or so add to that
you can't play online, let your son enjoys his new system.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WHY DIDN'T tc buy Isaac's binding? you dont have to update switch, and it's a wonderful way to teach him BIBLE and GODS xD!!!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no its not
its taiwan apperently

i wouldn't have known if i didnt google it
(that is the joke)

Taiwan is a small Island/Country/Province(depending who you ask).
A long time ago (like 60 years), in a country far away, two groups battled to control China.
In the end, one group kind of lost, and took refuge on one of the islands that were part of China.
The government on this island, Taiwan, called themself the "Republic Of China" and said they would eventually conquer back the mainland, the government in the mainland called itself "People's Republic Of China".

In the end, the mainland never considered Taiwan a country at all, if you ask there it is a province of China with funny writing.

So, saying "Isn't that the flag of China?" to a Taiwanese is like... well, throwing a big rock / trolling.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(that is the joke)

Taiwan is a small Island/Country/Province(depending who you ask).
A long time ago (like 60 years), in a country far away, two groups battled to control China.
In the end, one group kind of lost, and took refuge on one of the islands that were part of China.
The government on this island, Taiwan, called themself the "Republic Of China" and said they would eventually conquer back the mainland, the government in the mainland called itself "People's Republic Of China".

In the end, the mainland never considered Taiwan a country at all, if you ask there it is a province of China with funny writing.

So, saying "Isn't that the flag of China?" to a Taiwanese is like... well, throwing a big rock / trolling.
lol got it
good one

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goes to gbatemp to talk about exploits.
Cracks open the door to peek in.
Sees nothing but Nintendo advocates pressuring people to update.
"One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us."
I mean my god, the man had a legitimate question about exploits, and homebrew, and you guys have branded him a child hating pirate. Might as well add rapist Nazi to the mix. No wonder devs hate you guys. I would rather take money from Nintendo for exploits then feed them to you children.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E