tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Digital has its own advantages: it's cheaper, quicker to get/available instantly and portable (in smaller devices).

But if you are an avid collector or a fan of a certain band, movie director, TV show, videogame, etc., you gotta get the real thing. And this is where the physical enters the game. And the quality is usually better too (e.g.: vinyl vs MP3/streaming).

D

Deleted User

music: services like spotify rarely have what i like, closest has been youtube, but i have to bare shit quality, might start a cd collection of my favorites though
movies and shows: services like netflix rarely have what i like, i often pirate due to never having seen a steam equivalent for movies, i might start a dvd collection of my favorites though
games: i already have a fairly big steam catalog, if i try streaming (my internet is kinda shit, contract says itrs 120/60 mb/s, more like 60/10 and often less) its not gonna be my only source of games, there are some games i havent even touched

D

Deleted User

Flixgrab is kind of shit (in terms of quality), but those who know the better way of ripping won't say how either.

Reactions: Deleted User

Little_Anonymous_Hacker

GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R
Trophies
Website
littleanonhax0r.zyrosite.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks illegal to me
You have to sign in with your streaming accounts in order for it to work. Legally, it's not all that different from ripping a DVD you bought.
honestly, streaming services already have kind of a shit quality, unless its an exclusive i'd go for BRripping
I mainly use it for downloading HD content that never got released on BluRay.

Last edited by Little_Anonymous_Hacker,
D

Deleted User

honestly, streaming services already have kind of a shit quality, unless its an exclusive i'd go for BRripping
Yes, but you can get the best quality out of AMZN and NF with the right tools.

Of course, if available then it's better to rip the DVD, BD or 4K UHD BD although the quality may vary (better or worse — there's been a few instances AMZN had better quality than the Blu-rays).

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Buy new games.
Stream all old gens games.

I think sony and Nintendo should only stream their -all old games.

Like if you didn’t buy the game today digital or physical you can stream it later when that console dies (after 8 years ago which maybe will get better internet speed)

D

Deleted User

Buy new games.
Stream all old gens games.

I think sony and Nintendo should only stream their -all old games.

Like if you didn’t buy the game today digital or physical you can stream it later when that console dies (after 8 years ago which maybe will get better internet speed)
maybe sony, but, with nintendo stuff, the amount of bandwith streaming nes or snes games takes is more than just downloading the rom+emulator, hell, maybe even n64 and ps1, if you play something like an rpg, you spend more on data that you would have downloading the game+emulator

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, but you can get the best quality out of AMZN and NF with the right tools.

Of course, if available then it's better to rip the DVD, BD or 4K UHD BD although the quality may vary (better or worse — there's been a few instances AMZN had better quality than the Blu-rays).
oh, totally agree here

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be adamant about buying all my music on CD. In a perfect world I would always choose lossless over lossy, even for casual listening. The issue is, I just recently got a new iPhone, and with it a trial of Apple Music (which has lapsed and now I'm paying for it). The whole 'mastered for iTunes' thing sounds like a gimmick, but in truth, it's basically a mix of the recordings before dynamic range compression is applied. For newer music especially, the Apple Music tracks sound better than CDs. For stuff that was made before the 'loudness wars' the CDs are going to edge out the AAC tracks. Tidal has something similar, though Tidal's lossless tracks won't sound as good as Apple's unless they're the 'MQA' tracks, I just wish record companies would stop that bullshit. It really does hurt the quality of music.

D

Deleted User

I used to be adamant about buying all my music on CD. In a perfect world I would always choose lossless over lossy, even for casual listening. The issue is, I just recently got a new iPhone, and with it a trial of Apple Music (which has lapsed and now I'm paying for it). The whole 'mastered for iTunes' thing sounds like a gimmick, but in truth, it's basically a mix of the recordings before dynamic range compression is applied. For newer music especially, the Apple Music tracks sound better than CDs. For stuff that was made before the 'loudness wars' the CDs are going to edge out the AAC tracks. Tidal has something similar, though Tidal's lossless tracks won't sound as good as Apple's unless they're the 'MQA' tracks, I just wish record companies would stop that bullshit. It really does hurt the quality of music.
we need something like Steam but for music, Steam already offers videogame soundtracks and is probably the only digital music i've ever bought, weird no one ever did something like it though

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.