Your opinions of Disney World

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at Disney World during this past week with my school's marching band, it was an amazing experience to march, play, and even INTRODUCE the Main Street Electrical Parade at the Magic Kingdom! We also went to Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT, possibly the greatest week of my life to run around with my best friends around Disney for 5 days, including seeing Fantasmic, Cirque du Soleil, and Illuminations.

If you've ever been to Disney World, or even Disneyland, post your favorite experiences!
biggrin.gif

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did see something like that on the way back on the bus. Trust me, if you ever have the chance to go, definitely take that chance! It's an amazing place to be! I've never been to Disneyland, I just know that Disneyland is smaller and is only a single park I think. Disney World is like a city!

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
disney world was amazing, but universal studios / isles of adventure, busch gardens and seaworld was soooooooo much better. but my fav disney park was hollywood studios. went in jan this year, with my girlfriend. we both had a amazing time and did want to leave. just being in America was amazing. (i HATE THE UK lol)

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to Epcot once, and to be honest I felt like it was a scam. There were only a few rides there and the only one I wanted to go on (test track) had a 4 hour wait the whole day, so I didn't end up going on it. The cultural side of it was a scam IMO, most of it was just stores with overpriced stuff from the country that I could have found cheaper at home. I had dinner at the China pavilion which was worse quality than normal fast food at triple the price. Idk, maybe the other parks are a lot better but Epcot was lame. There weren't even any people dressed up as the characters except Chip and Dale which wasn't a big deal but I still would have liked pictures. :/ The things I liked about it were the HUGE Christmas tree (it was so pretty *___*) ... and the fireworks show was very nice. However, if I go back to Orlando/Tampa, I'd go to Universal Studios or Busch Gardens instead.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thats pretty much the same as my opinion of epcot. was not planning on going, but it was included in my ticket for free. so did it while we was there. my girlfriend called it "over price high street for disney".

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never been there before, but I would like to visit it one day... Not that I would tell anyone about it though, haha.

imshortandrad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I was younger, I went to Disney and the best thing was seeing the parade with all the lights and stuff. To sound cliche, it was just pretty magical.
tongue.gif

But my favorite memory was being on Slime Time Live!
biggrin.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Epcot is great fun, idk what you guys are talking about.

Innoventions sometimes has some unique stuff to see; Test Track is a blast; Yakitori House and Teppan Edo at the Japan pavilion have amazing food; Biergarten in Germany is good during busier seasons, assuming you have a reservation; the Norway pavilion has Maelstrom, a nice ride and some amazing sandwiches at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe; Canada and China have beautiful 360° videos about their country.

Hollywood Studios has some fun stuff, like the new Toy Story video shooting gallery, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and Rock n Rollercoaster (probably the best ride in the park); the food there is so-so.

Magic Kingdom is so great. You got all your classic Disney attractions: Dumbo, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc, plus newer attractions like PhilharMagic. The food there is good, depending on where you go. Liberty Tree Tavern is great.

Animal Kingdom is a good time the first time or 2 you go. Nothing particularly special about it after that. Tusker House has good breakfast.

EVERYTHING is expensive, though, yeah.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Disney is overrated. It has the best scenery out of any amusement park, but the rides aren't that good. Also, there are too many parks, and it is pretty unorganized.

Also, you can't really go around hitting all the parks in one day. You have to do it over multiple days.

I rather just go to a Six Flags.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Disney is just evil.
frown.gif

They construct a false reality that is not only channeled to the interests of the Walt Disney corporation itself, but also the interests of the larger corporations with which Disney has allied itself, the system of power they maintain, and the world of commodities that lies within.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imshortandrad said:
When I was younger, I went to Disney and the best thing was seeing the parade with all the lights and stuff. To sound cliche, it was just pretty magical.
tongue.gif

But my favorite memory was being on Slime Time Live!
biggrin.gif

The parade with all the lights was the one I marched in this past Monday! The first parade that is.
wink.gif
Front row behind our color guard playing Sweet Child O' Mine and Celebration on my awesome Mellophone!
tongue.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Sephxus said:
Disney is just evil.
frown.gif

They construct a false reality that is not only channeled to the interests of the Walt Disney corporation itself, but also the interests of the larger corporations with which Disney has allied itself, the system of power they maintain, and the world of commodities that lies within.

Who cares about whatever intention they have, we're talking about how enjoyable it is.

Unfortunately, I live nowhere near Disney World (I'm in friggin Asia) so the farthest I've gone to is Disneyland.
frown.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Sephxus said:
Disney is just evil.
frown.gif

Who cares about whatever intention they have, we're talking about how enjoyable it is.

Unfortunately, I live nowhere near Disney World (I'm in friggin Asia) so the farthest I've gone to is Disneyland.
frown.gif
isn't there Disney Japan or some sort of Disney Asia ?

i've never been there but been to Disney Land .
it's cool at first , but going a second time is boring .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: